Proposal: Skinner to NYI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bossy Mike

May 29, 2016
He won't, it's been speculated and is probably true that Skinner actually died in the 2014 preseason and they've been using an elaborate remote control/mannequin setup to skate his preserved body up and down the ice during games.

Skinner died? Didn't notice.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I've been asking for a few hours and not one person answered me directly why skinner holds high value. The fact that no one even bothered to say why skinner is good speaks volumes. It seems like the best you could say about him is that he doesn't have too many concussions.

You know, the reason why nobody has told you why Skinner holds high value is because everybody thought it was obvious...

He's 24, has had two 30-goal seasons, and just put up 28 goals last year (on one of the lowest scoring teams in the league).

But if you don't think he's valuable, Carolina is more than happy to keep him...which is what Canes fans used to say everytime a Skinner proposal was made. Since comments like that were ignored, we've found sarcasm and drinking to be a much better use of time.

Bossy Mike

May 29, 2016
You know, the reason why nobody has told you why Skinner holds high value is because everybody thought it was obvious...

He's 24, has had two 30-goal seasons, and just put up 28 goals last year (on one of the lowest scoring teams in the league).

But if you don't think he's valuable, Carolina is more than happy to keep him...which is what Canes fans used to say everytime a Skinner proposal was made. Since comments like that were ignored, we've found sarcasm and drinking to be a much better use of time.

I'm just glad there's some semblance of a reason why Carolina fans consider him God.

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
I've been asking for a few hours and not one person answered me directly why skinner holds high value..

Because he is a talented goal scoring winger on a team that lacks talent and goal scoring.

The Hurricanes add McDavid, Dtaisaitl, RNH, Poolparty and Eberle to their roster, and then we can talk about trading Skinner for a mid tier defenseman.

Yawnzo. You're not saying why skinner deserves more. Chia trading Hall was not good, but why word GMRF do better?

Because the Hurricanes are not desperate for a RHD.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
No, no no, you've got it all wrong, see, Rod Brind'Amour is God. Little Jeffrey Skinner is merely an acheiropoieta.

LondonKendrick

Jun 18, 2016
Individual pieces are of relatively similar value and the proposal is a winger for two centers?

Snow unfriends Francis if this is offered.

Penaltykiller17

Apr 21, 2015
Raleigh, NC
I'm just glad there's some semblance of a reason why Carolina fans consider him God.

Hey, I made a counter proposal similar to what Boston got for Kessel, who was a young, multi 30+ goal scorer with injury concerns. Heck, the guy could've died. Skinner even has a Calder Trophy.

I don't see why Barzal/Dal Colle/Ho-Sang isn't doable.

Bossy Mike

May 29, 2016
Hey, I made a counter proposal similar to what Boston got for Kessel, who was a young, multi 30+ goal scorer with injury concerns. Heck, the guy could've died. Skinner even has a Calder Trophy.

I don't see why Barzal/Dal Colle/Ho-Sang isn't doable.

Well, I just recently found out that skinner is a talented goal scoring winger. So that's good. Anything else I should be aware of? If not, done deal.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Well, I just recently found out that skinner is a talented goal scoring winger. So that's good. Anything else I should be aware of?

So you mean we've been discussing trade value with a guy that didn't even know Skinner was a talented goal scoring winger? Now a lot of your posts make sense. :laugh:

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
He has played both wings, and for a very short stint at the end of '13, center. But mostly left wing.

Some Isles fans seem to think acquiring all LW's is the way to go. Who needs a RH shot forward when you can have an entire forward group consisting of lefties!

All your LW's are belong to us!

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
I've been asking for a few hours and not one person answered me directly why skinner holds high value. The fact that no one even bothered to say why skinner is good speaks volumes. It seems like the best you could say about him is that he doesn't have too many concussions.

36th in the league over the last 5 years in goals scored per game. Has a pretty high value to a team that doesn't score goals. I think I did say this hours ago.

Bossy Mike

May 29, 2016
36th best scorer. How is he great compared to 35 and 37? I don't see it. He's a secondary scoring option. The fact that he's on a scoring deficient team only inflates those numbers as he would get the prime opportunities.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
yeah, I guess that's why the Canes play him a whopping 16 minutes per game. Now, can we please trade him for your 8 goal player and get this over with? We've gotta replace that Chris Terry/Riley Nash offensive production somehow.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I love when posters make uninformed posts in attempts to support their point. BM is on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad