Confirmed Trade: [SJS/DET] Jake Walman and 2024 2nd round pick for future considerations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
When can we call into question the Yzerplan? Been the GM for 5 years now, no playoffs and signed Husso, Copp, and Holl to ridiculous contracts. I know it is easier to get someone to play in Florida vs Michigan but still
You can go to any number of 50+ page main board threads dedicated to shitting on Yzerman the last few years, no need to hesitate to question it because literally no one has, at any point.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I don't get this one, Walman didn't feel like a cap dump.

Maybe try attaching the 2nd to move Holl or Petry.

Reactions: Sandisfan

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
There's no way Walman was that bad. I thought he'd have decent value. I thought about getting him to play the 3rd pairing in LA for like a Lizotte or Grundstrum swap.

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
If he can play the PK, Devils probably would've taken him for free. I guess maybe there is something else there with off-ice issues if he was benched?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Red Wings have close to 26 million in cap space prior to this trade. I do not believe that is why we traded Walman.
Plus you can be ~9m over the cap during the summer giving you time to try and waive Walman or deal him to someone who strikes out in free agency. No move to be made now needed this to be done now. The only thing would be as some are saying if there were some issues with the team and they just wanted the guy gone.

• Wow

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Is walman’s value really that bad?

He’s on a Pretty modest contract. Scored 12 goals last season. 9 the year before. I didn’t love his game but I never really thought of him as a negative value asset.

I’m quite surprised by this

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
2x$3.4M left, that pick says the league thinks he's a minimum salary player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad