Confirmed Trade: [SJS/DET] Jake Walman and 2024 2nd round pick for future considerations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Yzerman just shed 3.4 mil off the books and not taking back any cap hit. he paid to do so, but this leaves extra money for signing one of if not multiple, kane, perron, ghost. This also gives simon edvinsson the chance this year for top 4 action
In 10 days teams are going to be paying 4m+ for D not as good as Walman. I have a hard time believing that if waived that nobody would've claimed him.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Unless there’s something going on behind the scenes here, this is the most dumbfounded I’ve been by a trade in a long time.

There’s just no way Walman is a cap dump

There has to be something else going on. Maybe his absence from the lineup down the stretch has something to do with it?

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
I mean it's fairly obvious that Detroit has something else cooking. Here's a wild thought: the Rangers are sending something good to Detroit and this was their payment to Sharks for taking on Goodrow.
Trouba is not good.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Has to be to sign Seider, Raymond and make a run at Stamkos. only thing that makes sense to me. Maybe acquire a goalie?

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Trouba is not good.

giphy.gif
Wasn't thinking about that lol, more like Kakko for the rights to Kane or something. Though I guess Detroit would get fleeced on that one as well. Something else from the Rangers? I don't know, lol.

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
To include the 2nd rounder has to be a cap dump. Guessing for Gibson from Anaheim?

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
He needed a 2nd for this lol 😂 Yzerman must have something else cooking

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I mean he's not really a top pair dman, but having to throw in a 2nd to get rid of a guy that looked like a passable second pair or good third pair dman on a reasonable contract feels just nuts to me.

Reactions: MrazeksVengeance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad