• Yes

Votes: 26 37.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 62.3%

• Total voters

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Chairot is a good partner for Seider. That's what they wanted. Someone to support their youngsters. They don't care if they overpay that guy by a million this season, as their youngsters are still on relatively affordable contracts. Chairot is a decent stay-at-home option who pairs well with a puck mover. Seider is a good puck mover. They will make a good shut-down pair with offensive upside (mainly from Seider). For a middle of the road team its not a bad top pair. It will allow Seider to grow into his role. The money won't matter for the near future as they are $10M under the cap with only Zadina left to sign. I think Detroit killed this off-season.

You and I don't see things the same, Chiarot isn't someone I'd want. You also think Mikkola is a better option than Scandella which I also disagree with.

All of that is really besides the point though. The cult worship of Yzerman and the audacity of the Detroit fan to come to our board and post a stupid meme like he somehow robbed Armstrong of Perron is what I was mocking. Perron is gone because Armstrong let him walk and people whose team just signed Chiarot shouldn't be posting memes about how great their GM is on another teams board.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
does anyone feel comfortable with goaltending situation going into next season?

we all know binner cannot handle a 60 game workload so can we really count on greiss to perform well for 30+ games a year?

this is why armstrong needs to be fired. that and he is now resorting to the cardinals M-O of dumpster diving.

ValHaller

May 23, 2022
St. Louis, MO

we all know binner cannot handle a 60 game workload so can we really count on greiss to perform well for 30+ games a year?

this is why armstrong needs to be fired. that and he is now resorting to the cardinals M-O of dumpster diving.
Greiss has been starting around 30 games a year for the last 3 years, and 40 games 4 years ago. Over the last 4 seasons he's had a quality start percentage of 57.3% and a 0.912% Save Percentage.

What was your problem again?

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Armstrong bet the house on Binnington one year ago.

They live or die on that deal for the next five years.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
All I’m asking is if you (and multiple other people) want him gone so bad, who do you want to replace him?
I'm not professional, but I understand if your team is year after year regressed got worse and go wrong direction while your GM says we are win it mode. Something doesn't add up, something has to fix and it is GM. There is options, but you don't stick gm who once build Cup team, but destroyed it right away. If you want to make team better you need to re-evaluate where you are at?

I don't believe front office is too blind, but I have feeling Army is riding with that Cup ring long time. There is breaking point where enough is enough.

I think missing playoffs is indicator for it. We are tho too good team for missing playoffs. All what this eats is best players walk away for nothing. I'm afraid we haven't seen yet desperate Army. Them he will blow out pick(s) + prospect(s).

And when you blow out future eventually you are forced to fire GM and new GM is hard decision. Only option is to re-build. Then we are bad looooooooooooong time.

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West

Greiss will surprise you. He’s a sound netminder who can go total warrior in the playoffs. I’m happy with this stopgap. Truth is Chucky deserves more than we are able to offer him and went with that, so I respect Army for that. Love the guy and want to see him succeed. Our future is hedging on the likes of Hofer and I’d like to see him get the opportunity even though I love Chucky. Regardless, our future is bright.

Reactions: SwivelSchwartz

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I'm not professional, but I understand if your team is year after year regressed got worse and go wrong direction while your GM says we are win it mode. Something doesn't add up, something has to fix and it is GM. There is options, but you don't stick gm who once build Cup team, but destroyed it right away. If you want to make team better you need to re-evaluate where you are at?

I don't believe front office is too blind, but I have feeling Army is riding with that Cup ring long time. There is breaking point where enough is enough.

I think missing playoffs is indicator for it. We are tho too good team for missing playoffs. All what this eats is best players walk away for nothing. I'm afraid we haven't seen yet desperate Army. Them he will blow out pick(s) + prospect(s).

And when you blow out future eventually you are forced to fire GM and new GM is hard decision. Only option is to re-build. Then we are bad looooooooooooong time.
Fwiw We we’re in the WCF this last season and won the Cup recently. How are we regressing outside of needing a strong LHD?

And if Binny didn’t get hurt we’d had taken the Avs. Binny is the real deal.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
You and I don't see things the same, Chiarot isn't someone I'd want. You also think Mikkola is a better option than Scandella which I also disagree with.

All of that is really besides the point though. The cult worship of Yzerman and the audacity of the Detroit fan to come to our board and post a stupid meme like he somehow robbed Armstrong of Perron is what I was mocking. Perron is gone because Armstrong let him walk and people whose team just signed Chiarot shouldn't be posting memes about how great their GM is on another teams board.
I wouldn't want Chairot for our team and he probably was overpaid. I just thought he was a good option for where Detroit is, what they need and what was available. Same with Mikkola over scandella, I only prefer him due to their relative cap hits, as at best neither should be more than 3rd pairing.

That said, fair enough. I didn't follow the thread well enough to realize it was a Detroit fan talking smack with the meme. That is classless

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019

Binnington is also one of the few goaltenders who can play the puck. That will be key to beating Colorado and/or Vegas in the playoffs.

Reactions: BlueSeal

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
It’s worse. We lost Perron.

As for LHD, it isn’t getting addressed. We re-signed Leddy. We have Faulk, Krug, Parayko ($6.5M each), and Leddy ($4M). Like it or not, that’s our top 4. It’s done.

It’s an unforced error when we were legitimately a top 3 contender for the Cup. It’s the Blues and Colorado in the West. No one else was close. Now we took a step back. Our PP took a big hit. Our biggest playoff performer left. And we could have made the numbers work. It’s not like he signed at a ridiculous price that we couldn’t compete with.
Signing Leddy is an attempt to address the LHD. This isn't EA Sports where you can just manufacture trades at will. We have NO IDEA if the Blues have already tried making offers for Chychrun, Provorov, or Sanheim at this point. Realistically, those conversations often end in "no thank you." As Blues fans, we are so use to having elite D cores dating back to the Pronger-MacInnis era to the Petro-Parayko-JBo era. At this point, we may have to work with Parayko-Faulk-Krug-Leddy as our top 4, and there's probably 20 other teams in this league that would love to have that.

Last edited:
Reactions: LogosBlue

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Perron was one of my favorite players, but I'll hold off to see if DA has anything else planned. As for Greiss, if the Blues can make Chucky Sideburns look good then I'm sure they can make Greiss look good, too. 😎
As long as Greiss loves tacos, he’s cool with me.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Armstrong is probably a pretty strong contender for the HOF today, without any further accolades. He's won GM of the year, he's won a Cup as an AGM, and he's won a Cup as a GM. His teams have been overwhelmingly successful in both the regular season and playoffs (I think we're like third in regular season wins and 5th in post-season wins over the last 14ish years). And this isn't touching on his international success with Team Canada (Which I know they probably aren't supposed to incorporate, but let's be honest, they totally do.) Another Cup would mostly cement it, but he's already a pretty strong candidate for the builder category.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Armstrong is probably a pretty strong contender for the HOF today, without any further accolades. He's won GM of the year, he's won a Cup as an AGM, and he's won a Cup as a GM. His teams have been overwhelmingly successful in both the regular season and playoffs (I think we're like third in regular season wins and 5th in post-season wins over the last 14ish years). And this isn't touching on his international success with Team Canada (Which I know they probably aren't supposed to incorporate, but let's be honest, they totally do.) Another Cup would mostly cement it, but he's already a pretty strong candidate for the builder category.
It's the hockey hall of fame, so international success is absolutely relevant.

Reactions: BadgersandBlues

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Blues commit to players into their mid 30s: "overpay, DA must go, what is this franchise."

Blues don't commit to players into their mid 30s: "I loved that guy, DA must go, what is this franchise."

It's almost like not every mid-30s player is the same. If you think you can boil it down to something so simple, it says more about you than it does the people you are trying to mock.

parliamentlite

Feb 26, 2019
It's almost like not every mid-30s player is the same. If you think you can boil it down to something so simple, it says more about you than it does the people you are trying to mock.
Totally true. I hope the Blues have the cap space to commit to ROR and Kyrou next year, if losing Perron and Tarasenko is the cost I hate it but we both know that never would have happened if the cap had been rising.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
What optimistic pills you are eating? If you think we are winning Cup next year? Team has been just downgraded every year after winning Cup.

Drink more Army's kool-aid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad