Votes: 26 37.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 62.3%

• Total voters

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
DA has made this organization Vegas East. No loyalty, just ruthlessness. As a fan, I'm heartbroken.

We could have offered $4.75m per year for 2 years. It seems like a great steal for RORs wing man on a top line. A crafty vet with heart for the game and love for the organization and fans.

Oh well. I might as well go and root for Google or IBM. We are just rooting for a business. Yeah team!

LogosBlue

May 16, 2018
1657819732295.png

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Perron stated he never even got a formal contract offer from the Blues. What is this
To be fair, this feels like one of those things where it's a distinction (formal vs informal) without a difference. If GMDA said "hey, David, we can give you 2x4.25 are you interested" that might not be considered a "formal offer" but is an offer nonetheless

Reactions: parliamentlite

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Listen to that interview. Just heartbreaking.

DA failed to be a human first.

He's a businessman first.

I wouldn't trust that guy. What a cold man.

This is exactly why we hired him and not a random fan. He is a professional businessman living in a real life cap world. He is not suppose to attach his emotions to players the way we do. He prioritized defense over offense, which was the right decision.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Losing Perron sucks and is bitter, but Armstrong is still one of the best GM's in the league. Let's see how summer plays out before we judge his work.

Last edited:

parliamentlite

Feb 26, 2019
Dude, stop f***ing lying, jesus christ. Yes he did. He offered both Chucky and Joshua contracts, they both declined and wanted to test free agency.

Lindgren got 3x1.1 from the Capitals. We've got at least 3 dudes we want to test in the NHL in the next 3 seasons. Seems like we helped him and he got a deserved payday, and the Blues maintained the option for a prospect pipeline.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Steen was 32 first year of his contract.

Perron is 34.
Perron doesn't just dropp off. Look how his point produce had gone recent years. Last year's we truly just found out how good Perron is in powerplay. That price you don't get nowhere top6 talent and we know he is good.

Very bad move to release top6 forward and your main piece of powerplay + team lockerroom and leader.

Bad move by Army.

Reactions: ToniJ1960

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Perron doesn't just dropp off. Look how his point produce had gone recent years. Last year's we truly just found out how good Perron is in powerplay. That price you don't get nowhere top6 talent and we know he is good.

Very bad move to release top6 forward and your main piece of powerplay + team lockerroom and leader.

Bad move by Army.
First, players can all of a sudden drop off. Not saying he will, but he’s getting to that age. Second, we have guys like Kyrou and buch ready to take in additional responsibility and can handle larger pp roles. Third, while Perron seems like wonderful guy, he’s generally not been part of leadership core. When you here other guys talk about our leaders it’s generally ROR, Schenn, Faulk, sometimes Krug. Never hear Perron.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Ok, hypothetical time.

You’re Tom Stillman. You are just so distraught that Army let Perron go, so you fire him.

What’s your next move?
You see team as better than last year or previous years?

Army's moves are re-tool moves not getting team better. I thought we were contender team, win it now team?

I'm fine team is heading downhill, 'cus I don't see us win Cup with this core.

I just don't like you lose player who was one of our biggest producers and what price he went to other team. Absolute steal by Yzerman.

I still view our biggest problem is top2 LHD. If we dont ( I mean Army won't fix it) this team won't pass 2nd round.

Playoff team easily, but we got worse.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis

Army's moves are re-tool moves not getting team better. I thought we were contender team, win it now team?

I just don't like you lose player who was one of our biggest producers and what price he went to other team. Absolute steal by Yzerman.

I still view our biggest problem is top2 LHD. If we dont ( I mean Army won't fix it) this team won't pass 2nd round.

All I’m asking is if you (and multiple other people) want him gone so bad, who do you want to replace him?

Reactions: parliamentlite

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
DA is a top 3 GM in the league...hands down...There are decisions to be made in the next couple of years that will either elevate or nosedive the team. The only thing I can hold DA accountable for since signing Lehtera to his extension is singing Binny to the length of contract he did. This could be a completely different team in 23/24 if he overextends an offer to Perron...and not for the better.

jmwc95

Jul 12, 2007

It’s worse. We lost Perron.

As for LHD, it isn’t getting addressed. We re-signed Leddy. We have Faulk, Krug, Parayko ($6.5M each), and Leddy ($4M). Like it or not, that’s our top 4. It’s done.

I liked Perron. I even got to chat with him when his kid’s team had one side of the ice from my sons team. Great guy. That being said, the hysteria caused by his leaving, a mutual decision, is laughable. This isn’t Brett Hull leaving or Barc dying.
It’s an unforced error when we were legitimately a top 3 contender for the Cup. It’s the Blues and Colorado in the West. No one else was close. Now we took a step back. Our PP took a big hit. Our biggest playoff performer left. And we could have made the numbers work. It’s not like he signed at a ridiculous price that we couldn’t compete with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad