Post-Game Talk: Shootouts hate us. Leafs lose 3-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Not even mad with the results over the last two games against the Bruins. Was expecting another series sweep but nice to see them take 3 out of 4 points in the past two games. Gonna be tough with another game tomorrow night so the two points would have been nice to bank but they will be facing a team that has struggled offensively this year. Hopefully they can capitalize with at least another point tomorrow night.

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I think people forget reimer was pretty great the last 3 shootouts we had. The problem is not reimer, the problem is we don't have any worthwhile shooters on the shootout. Either way I miss the old days OT, hate this garbage since it was introduced.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Boo shootouts! Shouldn't have gotten there in the first place. Still peeved about the Bergeron goal.

But 3/4 against Boston is solid. Leafs HAD to pick up points in this home and home and they did. They showed that they can hang in with this team (although Bruins were dominant at times).

I don't like our lack of cycle game. I don't think we had a notable string of shifts with possession kept in the Bruins zone. That has to change. As does puck clearing. Today was better but not good enough. Ice the darn thing, just get it out.

Liles, please come back!

Problem is we lack strong talented forwards who can cycle well. All our big guys besides Lupul and JvR and lower quality/lack skill, and our most skilled guys are smaller, or soft in the case of Kessel, Liles, Gardiner, etc.

Also MacArthur and JvR need to quit their invisibility act.

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto
Yea Lupul and Kadri have excellent chemistry so lets break them up. Wow. :shakehead.
Kadri has proven chemistry with multiple players, and multiple left wings, MacArthur and Lupul.

You act like line changes don't happen when players are struggling. If we know Lupul can perform with Kessel, why not make an attempt at reviving JVR by sticking him with the only player who has EVERYONE around him scoring goals and picking up points.

Have an open mind. We need more than one line carrying our team.

If Kadri could get Kulemin scoring again, I think he can do the same with JVR .. Hell maybe with some found confidence, Kulemin could spark the KGM back together and put Frattin back with Kadri
Exactly, I'm glad not all of you fail to understand the necessity of contributions from multiple lines.

gtforepro

Feb 9, 2013
Toronto
NoDepositBonus.cc
Kessel and Phaneuf are salary poorly spent

I am so sick of watching Kessel shy away from puck battles and Dion doing just plain dumb things. Seriously, Kessel is a ***** and Dion is a moron. WTF did Burke see in these guys? Annoying. Good job getting a point tonight though, but no thanks to either of these two...

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Kessel and Phaneuf. Yikes. Really disappointing night for both of them. Kessel has just disappeared. Put him with Kadri, maybe that'll give him a spark. I'm glad he was benched for most of OT.

I wouldn't mind if Carlyle made an example of them and scratched them for a game.

AuGsY

Nov 7, 2011
If Kadri could get Kulemin scoring again, I think he can do the same with JVR .. Hell maybe with some found confidence, Kulemin could spark the KGM back together and put Frattin back with Kadri

Yeah, it's nice to finally have options.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Kadri has proven chemistry with multiple players, and multiple left wings, MacArthur and Lupul.

You act like line changes don't happen when players are struggling. If we know Lupul can perform with Kessel, why not make an attempt at reviving JVR by sticking him with the only player who has EVERYONE around him scoring goals and picking up points.

Have an open mind. We need more than one line carrying our team.

this

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Why are people mad about kulie going in the shootout? He had a great game and for how he's worked and been playing, he deserved a chance.

Good on RC for rewarding the hard workers and benching kessel/JVR.

It's a good confidence booster for kulie that RC trusts him in that type of situation. Maybe that's a good way to get some confidence into Grabo :laugh:

People are also ignoring the fact that Kulemin scored a goal tonight on a breakaway. Carlyle probably figured that he beat Rask once already shootout style, he can maybe do it again.

Also, for the people complaining about Reimer in the shootout, it must be nice having such short term memories. The past two shootouts, Reimer made saves to take the team past the three rounds giving his team the chance to finish it off and they never did. He went 10 freaking rounds against Winnipeg and the team still couldn't help him out. He goes this game having lost the shootout in just the three standard rounds (against very skilled offensive players) and now he's the worst goalie to ever walk the earth. Seriously, sit down already. The theatrics aren't necessary.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
I am so sick of watching Kessel shy away from puck battles and Dion doing just plain dumb things. Seriously, Kessel is a ***** and Dion is a moron. WTF did Burke see in these guys? Annoying. Good job getting a point tonight though, but no thanks to either of these two...

YEAH! and that bum of a goalie in James Reimer is a waste of money too I mean it is not like he kept us in that game!!! along with that McClement guy too. Bro does not even score? :sarcasm: :shakehead

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
JVR is back to his philly ways, guess they weren't ************ us when the say said he's hot then turns extremely cold.

beleaf67

Mar 2, 2013
Ottawa Valley
feels good to come up with a point. :handclap:

I like RC's benching 1st line... and JVR in the OT. I hope this will wake him up. Also it is time to try Grabo on 1st line or Nonis should try to get us an upgrade over Bozak. I think our 4th line generated more chances than our 1st line.. (not the first time)...

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
The thought of our defence without Dion is shudder-worthy.

Our offence could manage without Kessel.

Phaneuf is slightly overpaid but how else do you get a top pairing dmen for Matt Stajan and a bunch of guys who barely even play anymore.

Kibago

Aug 15, 2010
Nope, not even close.

Reimer is the worst goalie in the Eastern conference! Could not stop a beach ball in a SO.

Or we could judge the team by the point total and goal differential over the season which says we are, clearly, a playoff team...

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Stop watching. Problem solved.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
"I was invisible throughout the whole game! But then I scored in the skills competition and they gave me third star! It's like I don't have to do anything!"

#TheSeguinDiaries

AuGsY

Nov 7, 2011
feels good to come up with a point. :handclap:

I like RC's benching 1st line... and JVR in the OT. I hope this will wake him up. Also it is time to try Grabo on 1st line or Nonis should try to get us an upgrade over Bozak. I think our 4th line generated more chances than our 1st line.. (not the first time)...

I'm starting to agree, we need to break up Kessel and Bozak, it's just not working on a consistent basis. Bozak, frattin and mac would make a fine 3rd line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad