Post-Game Talk: Shootouts hate us. Leafs lose 3-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
It's alright people. We got 3/8 pts against the bruins. Better then 0/8 like I bet most were thinking before this season started. But I think the whole world knew what kulemin was doing on that shootout

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto
He scored on a break away.
Your point? He scored a on a goal on a breakaway using his patented move.

He doesn't have a second move, he uses that everytime he's one on one with the goalie. You don't think Rask is going to make the same mistake twice do you? Give me a break. Goalies adapt, they identify trends and adjust to compensate for them. Kulemin was a gimme.

Kulemin was a bad pick because he's predictable and he already had scored using his only breakaway move. I would've picked at least 3 shooters over him.

MajorityRules*

If anyone had told me the Leafs would get 3 out of 4 points in this home and home I would have told them to get their head examined. Sucks to lose in another shoot-out but I'll take the 3 points any day.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Having the game being decided on a shootout.... ugh, honestly, get rid of it. I'd rather see the teams continue playing overtime. It isn't 5 on 5 overtime like in the playoffs where it can go on forever. Make it 3 on 3 if you need to but anything to get rid of the shootout.

Anyways, I thought Leafs played better than on Saturday and I am happy they managed to get 3 out of 4 points against Boston.

Dion had a rough night. Man, that 2nd goal... just wow. I know he is playing tough minutes against top lines but what was he even attempting to do on that? Just stand there and have the puck hit you or something? Frasor-Franson pairing struggled too. They are getting some tougher minutes now and seem to be struggling.

It would be nice if JVR can start showing up to the games. He's been pretty quiet and invisible for most of the last 10 games. Kessel line in general was pretty invisible throughout the game.

Reimer had another great game. I really hope Leafs don't acquire another over the hill goaltender and just stick with what they have which is fairly good. Upgrade the defense please.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Suicide hotline will be busy tonight apparently. Calm the **** down, we got a huge point to keep us at sixth. Keep the point streak alive. :yo:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
No complaints from me. Is somebody guaranteed a few days ago that the Leafs will take three out of four points from these two games I would have been ecstatic. And I am. Good work.

No...Reimer sucks!

He's not a good goalie! He totally did not steal a point for us tonight.

Some people here are just amazing.

You ask for at least 2 points out of 4...and you get 3.

It's Boston..2-0 lead is not safe against a team like that. We were getting hammered in the 2nd period and Reimer kept us in the lead.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
i think the Leafs however can still learn a lot from facing the Bruins

these guys are the real deal, elite team
so i just hope Randy is at it

They were actually way better tonight then they were with the win on Sat. A good effort overall.

We have to stop blowing leads though.

TML23

Aug 2, 2008
Toronto
Not because we lost but, is anyone else disgusted that that is how we decide a hard fought 65 minute game? I have always hated the sideshow act that is the shootout.

Happy for 3 out of 4 points though.

Not only that, NHL believes that OT games are worth more than just regular games since teams receive a total of 3 points compared to 2 points from a regular time win. Good job NHL for being irrational... :shakehead

darty

Dec 1, 2008
If you told me the Leafs would walk away with 3 points from this home and home beforehand I would have gladly taken that outcome.

A win against Florida tomorrow and we're rolling.

Tie Domi Esquire

Go Real Sports Apparel Go!
Oct 18, 2010
Hopefully Kadri can create more for JVR than Kessel. Lupul looks way better than last year imo. A lot of energy, strong on the puck, and looks faster.

TML23

Aug 2, 2008
Toronto
No...Reimer sucks!

He's not a good goalie! He totally did not steal a point for us tonight.

Some people here are just amazing.

You ask for at least 2 points out of 4...and you get 3.

It's Boston..2-0 lead is not safe against a team like that. We were getting hammered in the 2nd period and Reimer kept us in the lead.

^^ This. Typical fans who blame goalies for losing without even actually watching the game.

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
im pumped about the 3/4 especially since i didnt think they'd get the one tonight after the bruins came alive.

i am mad that SO's exist and determine points. and that kulemin did the same move he did earlier.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I'll take the point against a bigger, tougher and better team who would have had 5 goals had their forwards finished any of the chances.

This shoot out suckiness needs to stop. It's frustrating. I've never watched a Leafs shootout because I know they'll lose and choke.

Reimer sucks in SO.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
tumblr_lya04d6YWe1qjjsh6o1_400.jpg

:nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad