Post-Game Talk: Shootouts hate us. Leafs lose 3-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Boo shootouts! Shouldn't have gotten there in the first place. Still peeved about the Bergeron goal.

But 3/4 against Boston is solid. Leafs HAD to pick up points in this home and home and they did. They showed that they can hang in with this team (although Bruins were dominant at times).

I don't like our lack of cycle game. I don't think we had a notable string of shifts with possession kept in the Bruins zone. That has to change. As does puck clearing. Today was better but not good enough. Ice the darn thing, just get it out.

Liles, please come back!

Mar 26, 2010
Bergeron made Reimer look like a ****ing bushleaguer on both goals. Horrible.

This aint a playoff team.

Nope, not even close.

Reimer is the worst goalie in the Eastern conference! Could not stop a beach ball in a SO.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
****ing pathetic in the SO yet again.. how can you have a roster full of NHLers with only one guy capable of scoring in a SO

and wtf were we doing on the Boston goal.. 5 bruins on a rush and all our fowards going for a change.. then u have ****ing Phaneuf watching Bergeron take his time and scoring

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
If you told me the Leafs would walk away with 3 points from this home and home beforehand I would have gladly taken that outcome.

A win against Florida tomorrow and we're rolling.

Yup! :yo:

It's a back to back though. Leafs have 9 of them and the Bruins only 3. Garbage scheduling. Tired of the buds playing rested teams.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
so it looks like the Devils/Sens are going into a shootout, so I'm GOING to assume that the Sens are going to win, because they know how to work a shootout.

Preisst*

Jun 11, 2008
Western Canada
Yea Lupul and Kadri have excellent chemistry so lets break them up. Wow. :shakehead

Not that we lost cuz of it but that was some of the worst linesman work I have seen in a very long time.

BayStreetBullies*

and wtf were we doing on the Boston goal.. 5 bruins on a rush and all our fowards going for a change.. then u have ****ing Phaneuf watching Bergeron take his time and scoring

And Gardiner had absolutely nothing to do with that goal. :sarcasm:

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
0 and 4 in shutouts
man

Good thing there is no such thing as a shootout in a playoff game. Which brings me to an amazing story when my buddy attended a LA playoff game. Some LA fans were like "Alright were down by one all we need to do is tie it up and we can take this in the shootout." He could not stop laughing when he heard this. Best part though is he heard the same line about a year ago when he went to a Chicago playoff game too. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Why are people mad about kulie going in the shootout? He had a great game and for how he's worked and been playing, he deserved a chance.

Good on RC for rewarding the hard workers and benching kessel/JVR.

It's a good confidence booster for kulie that RC trusts him in that type of situation. Maybe that's a good way to get some confidence into Grabo :laugh:

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Should have never been adopted in the first place. :help: Has nothing to do with the leafs losing

This

I was in Montreal to watch the Leafs play the year it was introduced. We won in a shootout and I went around shaking hands of the Habs fans saying "good tie"

I turned my back to the game and yelled at the crowd "THIS ISN'T HOCKEY"

I might have had a couple that night but my heart was in the right place and my mind was as clear as it ever had been.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I was actually going to make an entire thread about this premise.

We know that Lupul/Bozak/Kessel has been successful, and we know that almost anyone who plays with Kadri has seen success.

Can Kadri get JVR going again?

If Kadri could get Kulemin scoring again, I think he can do the same with JVR .. Hell maybe with some found confidence, Kulemin could spark the KGM back together and put Frattin back with Kadri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad