Post-Game Talk: Shootouts hate us. Leafs lose 3-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
3 points against the Bruins... I'll take it.

Heck, this could be a playoff matchup. Now the Leafs know they can beat the 'Ruins.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
I think Phaneuf is earning every penny of his paycheque.

eqY7Aug.png

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Who would you rather see play the tough 26 minutes a night instead of Phaneuf? Please enlighten me.

CanadianLov3

Feb 21, 2013
G😍 Leafs
Thank goodness we won't be facing any Shootouts in the playoffs. I love the way they dominate in overtime, Rask was good tonight.

Huge 3 pts out of 4! Quite happy about that :)

tracker828

Aug 14, 2009
u r pissed i see that phaneuf hasnt manned up for a while he isnt worth his pay to bad we aint like football u suck u fired no money u get your gauranteed pay and then u get boot
kessel aint worth 7mil like other thread is saying mostly after this years performance 6 mil most id pay he has no strength to get in front of net 1 trick pony

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
I agree on Kessel. The guy is a wuss, especially against the Bruins. So glad he got benched, but like someone said above, our D without Phaneuf is shudder-worthy

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Kadri has proven chemistry with multiple players, and multiple left wings, MacArthur and Lupul.

You act like line changes don't happen when players are struggling. If we know Lupul can perform with Kessel, why not make an attempt at reviving JVR by sticking him with the only player who has EVERYONE around him scoring goals and picking up points.

Have an open mind. We need more than one line carrying our team.

Kessel's line will suck the life out of any player you put up there. Might as well throw Colton Orr up there.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
JVR is back to his philly ways, guess they weren't ************ us when the say said he's hot then turns extremely cold.

Most players don't score 82 goals a season.

I would trade that pilon for JVR 10 times out of 10.

GenericFan2*

Its a joke how bad we are in the shootout, its unacceptable to score 3 goals (all from Boz) on 20ish attempts...

However, I expected 0 points in this mini series; to get 3/4 is amazing in my mind.

Great game by Reims, again.

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I'm surprised RC is still forcing the Bozak/Kessel line, it hasn't worked for 33 games but he's stubborn as hell with that line.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Good thing the Devils lost in OT. So the Leafs are still in 6th with a 6-7 point lead on the teams in 8th and below.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
If I told you that we would have earned 3 out of 4 points against Boston a few days ago, most of you would have said I'm ----ed.

Don't worry, be happy!

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'll take the 3 points from Boston, I did not expect it at all. JVR-Bozak-Kessel has been very cold lately. That line will need something soon.

Happy Kulemin has been resurrected by Kadri, i'm his biggest fan but I thought using him in the shoot out was not a good choice.

In the end the team has some positives, hoping we're good to go for Florida tomorrow.

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
"I was invisible throughout the whole game! But then I scored in the skills competition and they gave me third star! It's like I don't have to do anything!"

#TheSeguinDiaries

You Seguin//Hamilton bashers come off as ridiculously bitter. Not a good look. Really, who cares about the 3 stars?

William Hylander

There can be only 1
Aug 17, 2009
Next up Florida I hope the boys saved up the fight for them. Can't let these games we should win slip away.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa won. (who didn't see that one coming?)

truthfully I'd rather play for 6th at this point. Avoid Boston Match up, and then if Winnipeg wins the division, that would be one hell of a fun series.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Even though JVR has, what, 3 goals in his last 13? He still has 14 goals overall this season, a damn good pace

Consistency's always been his issue scoring, but the games before this one I found he was still contributing to the Leafs scoring by driving the net (especially on the powerplay) .. Causing **** in front of the net

The puck just hasn't been there for him on rebounds to score (which is where a lot of his goals have come from) .. He'll bounce back though

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
I'm proud of the way most of our players played but holy smokes does Kessel ***** the bed when he plays the Bruins. Both he and Bozak played timid as heck and were afraid to battle for the puck. Van Riemsdyk was absolutely invisible. However, Kadri and Lupul are beasts out there. They are the heart of soul of this team now! Reimer played well but he stinks in the shootout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad