Post-Game Talk: Shootouts hate us. Leafs lose 3-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AuGsY

Nov 7, 2011
At practice tomorrow, RC should have them do 4 hours of practicing their breakout, followed by another 4 hours of shootouts.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
Kessel/JVR benching will aid the team tomorrow.

Throw in Blacker and Frattin and this team is no worse for wear.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
You Seguin//Hamilton bashers come off as ridiculously bitter. Not a good look. Really, who cares about the 3 stars?

Like Seguin, I also had 0g, 0a, 0pts, 0hits, 0shots. Though Seguin was a -1, and I was an even. I should get 2nd star with those numbers

TML23

Aug 2, 2008
Toronto
I'm surprised RC is still forcing the Bozak/Kessel line, it hasn't worked for 33 games but he's stubborn as hell with that line.

What else would you ask him to do then? Play Kadri with Kessel? Grabo with Kessel?

Kadri with Kessel is not the best idea since it is better to have two scoring lines than just one. Grabo with Kessel has not worked in the past, so why try now?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
it's not so much we're 2 wins in the last 9.
we've gotten POINTS in almost every game.

Honestly. people were complaining when we weren't getting loser points, and now y'all are complaining that we're getting them. Loser points are our friends.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Only 1 line going right now, Kadri's.

Bozak and Grabo's lines didn't produce much chances, looks like Mac's back into his slumping ways without Kadri.

In the end Kessel and Grabo are the players that are paid to get their lines going, they need to wake up and produce results.

Kadri-Kule-Lupul are pulling their weight, the other 6 guys need to do their share.

thepatient

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Meh game. Happy we got the point, pissed we gave up a 2 goal lead. We suck in shootouts, from our goalie to our shooters. The one save Reimer makes, he has no clue where it goes. Kadri needs to work on his faceoffs, a couple of big loses in the OT ruined our chance in the Bruins zone. We need to bring in a vet d to play with Phaneuf/take some work load off of him. And Reimer needs to steal a game for us. I'm sick of seeing him look behind after a save, show some confidence. I wouldn't mind bringing Kippersof in to give reimer more time to grow.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Like Seguin, I also had 0g, 0a, 0pts, 0hits, 0shots. Though Seguin was a -1, and I was an even. I should get 2nd star with those numbers

Wow, Its a miracle, I had the same stats.

3 Stars:

1. Duffman

2. ReimerForPM

3. Seguin

Seems legit

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
And have improved upon their playoff spot in that time. EVERY team hits a slump.

THIS.

They haven't lost in regulation since the Pittsburgh game

They're struggling but still finding a way to get points and stay afloat

Also, notice how they've allowed only 2 goals against in 3 of their last 4 games? They're tightening up defensively .. This should translate into more wins going forward

TML23

Aug 2, 2008
Toronto
Leafs have at least point in the last 5 games.

Point in the last 5 games!!!!!!

Although i'm happy getting loser points, it's somewhat frustrating since the Leafs are ALWAYS winning and they find a way to blow off their lead. It feels like the team gets so relaxed after getting a comfortable lead :help:

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Leafs have won 2 games in the last 9.

Two games in the last 9!!!!!

It's not that people are over-reacting. It's that YOU are 'under-reacting'.

7 of last 10 and 10 of 20 points in the last 10 though. Not bad for a slump and on an improving trend.

We are what optimists thought we would be and blowing pessimists out of the water.

Chill

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Leafs have at least point in the last 5 games.

Point in the last 5 games!!!!!!

Bang on !!! Getting points in 5 straight is huge even while not playing a complete game. Huge getting those points.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Leafs have won 2 games in the last 9.

Two games in the last 9!!!!!

It's not that people are over-reacting. It's that YOU are 'under-reacting'.

Why is the cut off 9 games? Isn't it standard to look at 10 game intervals?

And in that case, they are 3 wins in the last 10 games but out of the 20 points available in those 10 games, the Leafs got 10 so they essentially went .500 in their last 10 games. Nothing wrong with having balanced criticism but when you frame the scenario like that to make it seem like the Leafs are a .222 team in their latest stretch when they're actually a .500 team, then you ARE overreacting.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
3/4 against Boston is amazing, you guys forget the 8-0 beatings from last year?? We're actually competing against these guys now.

notes:
Kadri is the man
Phaneuf looked silly on the Bergeron goal
Reims will get beat every time glove side on shootouts, there's nothing he can do to stop them...he looked like **** on the Bergeron s/o goal
JVR is gonna need to do a better job competing, he was invisible

We should put Lups back with Kessel, and JVR with Kadri.

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Kadri - Kulemin

Get two lines going!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad