Post-Game Talk: Shootouts hate us. Leafs lose 3-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
Awesome to see Kadri mixing it up with Chara. The Kadri line looked great. The Bozak line looked terrible. Something needs to be done with that line.
Reimer was very good

southpaw24

Dec 3, 2005
Owen Sound, ON
If you're going to be part of a community, you should learn how to make your point understandable and beyond the level of a child.

Otherwise, you're just as bad as the people complaining. Discuss hockey with the rest of us for a change, or don't post at all, because you are literally no better than those you're angry at with that post.

I see you decided to remove my post and replace it with your opinion of it. Thats fine with me, thats your prerogative. I just ask if you are going to quote me dont edit it. Leave it for what it is. I may have over-reacted but to see some of the crap that is posted on here and the fact ive been drinking heavily since the 3rd may have affected my ability toget my point out with being fired up

Leafs have won 2 games in the last 9.

Two games in the last 9!!!!!

It's not that people are over-reacting. It's that YOU are 'under-reacting'.

Did you think that this team was going to win the division or the conference. This team is doing what it can to keep its playoff spot. Teams go through ups and downs in a season, for being in a slump they still arent doing bad. Havent lost ground.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
The Leafs can still close out March strong with 5 out of the possible 6 points. Panthers, Hurricanes and the Senators are all beatable.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
3 out of 4 points against the Bruins

A little disappointed about the shoot out loss but quite frankly
mad.jpg

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
Awesome to see Kadri mixing it up with Chara. The Kadri line looked great. The Bozak line looked terrible. Something needs to be done with that line.
Reimer was very good

none of those guys battle hard in the corners like Lupul, Kadri or Kuli would. Bozak and JVR have to be those players since I don't think Kessel would.

Leafidelity

Existentially Drifting
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
I now realize why Gardiner wasn't here earlier. Franson took his spot in the sheltered #5 role. He isn't ready for more than that, hopefully Franson is now.

agropop

Mar 3, 2011
Windsor
Hate the shoot out, win or lose it's a waste.... Paper/rock/scissors comp would be equally relevant... But, generally happy with the outcome, I'll take 3 of 4 against Boston any day...

Preisst*

Jun 11, 2008
Western Canada
Kadri has proven chemistry with multiple players, and multiple left wings, MacArthur and Lupul.

You act like line changes don't happen when players are struggling. If we know Lupul can perform with Kessel, why not make an attempt at reviving JVR by sticking him with the only player who has EVERYONE around him scoring goals and picking up points.

Have an open mind. We need more than one line carrying our team. That kind of mindset is childish.

Exactly, I'm glad not all of you fail to understand the necessity of contributions from multiple lines.

Making changes on a game by game basis and trying to get every single player who starts to struggle play with the same guy is a recipe for disaster. Teams also need some continuity to win hockey games.

NOTE : I made my point without flaming, so who's being open minded?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Although i'm happy getting loser points, it's somewhat frustrating since the Leafs are ALWAYS winning and they find a way to blow off their lead. It feels like the team gets so relaxed after getting a comfortable lead :help:

Problem is that this teams lets off the gas when they start leading.

I'd much rather play see them play tied...because they play with more urgency.

Whenever we lead into the 3rd, we're just not good at shutting the door.

The defense still has holes and it's easy to capitalize if you keep away at it against the Leafs.

IMO, I'm just happy that they got it to the 61st minute. That point is crucial for the Leafs.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Lupul - Kadri -Kulemin

Legit 1st line right there.

JVR needs to pick it up, he and Bozak have not been great lately.

Kessel on the other hand has been creating chances, backchecking, hitting, blocking shots

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto
I see you decided to remove my post and replace it with your opinion of it. Thats fine with me, thats your prerogative. I just ask if you are going to quote me dont edit it. Leave it for what it is. I may have over-reacted but to see some of the crap that is posted on here and the fact ive been drinking heavily since the 3rd may have affected my ability toget my point out with being fired up
First of all, my entire post was removed by a mod.

Secondly, the only reason I removed the content of you post was to save space, it was mostly censored and because I wasn't addressing certain parts of it but instead the entire thing.

Third, I've been drinking too, fair enough. I just hate to see us argue amongst ourselves instead of just discussing hockey. That's why we're all here isn't it? Not to just throw out things we pretend are facts, but to have honest, clean hockey related debate. Everyone just overreacts to every single thing instead of just making a valid point that leads to discussion of the matter. I just didn't think your post was helping. There are other ways to release frustration.

Anyways, the post got removed so whatever.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Lupul - Kadri -Kulemin

Legit 1st line right there.

JVR needs to pick it up, he and Bozak have not been great lately.

Kessel on the other hand has been creating chances, backchecking, hitting, blocking shots

I was honestly thinking that myself as I was watching it

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
3/4 against Boston is amazing, you guys forget the 8-0 beatings from last year?? We're actually competing against these guys now.

notes:
Kadri is the man
Phaneuf looked silly on the Bergeron goal
Reims will get beat every time glove side on shootouts, there's nothing he can do to stop them...he looked like **** on the Bergeron s/o goal
JVR is gonna need to do a better job competing, he was invisible

We should put Lups back with Kessel, and JVR with Kadri.

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Kadri - Kulemin

Get two lines going!!!

Agreed with that top 6. Kadri and
Lupul are playing well off of each other, but Naz can click with just about anyone. Let's reunite Lupul/Bozak/Kessel and see if our top line can start playing like one.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
The Leafs can still close out March strong with 5 out of the possible 6 points. Panthers, Hurricanes and the Senators are all beatable.

That's the problem. Leafs have made a habit out of coming out flat in winnable games.

More often than not, a weaker team outplays us, just because, they're playing the Leafs! I hate that!!!

TML23

Aug 2, 2008
Toronto
Problem is that this teams lets off the gas when they start leading.

I'd much rather play see them play tied...because they play with more urgency.

Whenever we lead into the 3rd, we're just not good at shutting the door.

The defense still has holes and it's easy to capitalize if you keep away at it against the Leafs.

IMO, I'm just happy that they got it to the 61st minute. That point is crucial for the Leafs.

I completely agree with you. Just look at how the Leafs played during OT compared to their horrendous 2nd period when they were leading 2-0.

Maybe it's the lack of leadership within the team since all our players are young. Just an assumption, not a conclusion :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad