Post-Game Talk: Shootouts hate us. Leafs lose 3-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oiffub

Matthews > McDavid don't @ me
Mar 16, 2010
ACC
Taylor-Swift-Laughing-Gif-taylor-swift-30258989-500-245.gif

I don't know how you can see this team succeeding if they make the playoffs. Showing up for 2 periods isn't going to work in the dog days of the playoffs.

Kibago

Aug 15, 2010
I'm honestly not annoyed.
No shootouts in the playoffs!

Plus, 3 of 4 from Boston. NJ/Ottawa going to OT, that annoys me...

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Not because we lost but, is anyone else disgusted that that is how we decide a hard fought 65 minute game? I have always hated the sideshow act that is the shootout.

Happy for 3 out of 4 points though.

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto
I don't know why Carlyle went with Kulemin as our third shooter. I'd say there's 2-4 better choices at that point, who are less predictable.

Furthermore, I don't know why Kulemin used the same move he uses everytime, because you have to know that is EXACTLY what Rask expected. Don't go with the same move you scored on the goalie in THAT game. He's not going to make the same mistake twice.

Disappointing.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
We played well, reimer played well. Luck didnt go our way today. 3/4 points against Bruins is real good.

This team showing that it can hang with anyone.

Tie Domi Esquire

Go Real Sports Apparel Go!
Oct 18, 2010
Their forecheck exposed the D. Wish the Leafs forecheck was as good. They were also winning a lot of the races to pucks.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I don't know why Carlyle went with Kulemin as our third shooter. I'd say there's 2-4 better choices at that point, who are less predictable.

Furthermore, I don't know why Kulemin used the same move he uses everytime, because you have to know that is EXACTLY what Rask expected.

Disappointing.

He scored on a break away.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
No complaints from me. Is somebody guaranteed a few days ago that the Leafs will take three out of four points from these two games I would have been ecstatic. And I am. Good work.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
i think the Leafs however can still learn a lot from facing the Bruins

these guys are the real deal, elite team
so i just hope Randy is at it

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
3 of 4 points against Boston... we should be satisfied with this. Move on, next game.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Reimer gave us a chance to win that shootout, and he's given us plenty of chances in our previous shootouts, we just fail to support him.

Reimer is pretty much the only reason we managed a point in this hockey game.

Something needs to be done about our poor shootout abilities (scoring) because it's starting to cost us serious points. This is an issue that needs to be addressed. Reimer provides ample opportunity to win, it's on our shooters.

to be fair. if Reimer had closed that five hole on Lucic.....

I do agree with you though that we've got to start winning shootouts. but besides Bozak (who actually SHOOTS the stupid puck), everyone does that stupid dipsy doodle nonsense-crap. Just blast the thing. Or go in tight and wrist the sucker. don't be all fancy trying to make the highlight reel.

the most important game in the next 3 is Ottawa IMO
would be nice to win tomorrow, loser point Carolina, and beat Ottawa IN regulation.

and Im Betting Scrivy plays tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad