Post-Game Talk: Shootouts hate us. Leafs lose 3-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

91Kadri91*

haha. not one person mentions Gardiner on that play.

When Holzer did the same thing he got grilled!

This is a quote from the GDT thread that has to be talked about.

In what ****ing world was that Gardiner's fault? I mean, seriously, what in the flying **** were you watching?

Gardiner has made his fair share of mistakes, but that particular goal was unquestionably Phaneuf's.

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto
bsbeerfinal.gif

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
He literally backed up. He has no instincts at all. I had more hockey sense than him when I was 11.

Why don't you strap on some skates and show Dion how its done in the NHL, instead of whining and moaning online.

Clearly someone with your credentials would cement themselves on an NHL team's top pairing.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
yep, 29 minutes shutting down one of the best and most physical teams in the league......but because he was caught flat footed at the end of one long shift that means HE"S A FLOATER!!!

He played 29 minutes of unmitigated garbage. He was awful all night, in every way imaginable. Someone who didn't follow the NHL might be forgiven if they thought this was his first game in the league. How many times did he get schooled by Paille tonight? PAILLE.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Mac wasn't very good last game playing with Kadri either. Don't know if you noticed, but Grabo was one of the main catalyst's for the Leafs 1st goal. But you can keep going on your tangents, it's not getting old at all.:shakehead

You mean the secondary assist? That goal was more Gardiner's patience and Lupul's ability to get open than anything Grabo did. But I know its been a lean year for #84, guess any mole hill of credit he can get his fans make a mountain out of it.

Doshy

Oct 7, 2007
How can he not know that no one on Boston is near him? That's completely his fault. And he made a ******** horrible attempt at pokechecking Bergeron instead of immediately going at him.

I dunno, but that's what happened lol. I'm just stating what I'm seeing.

Reimer should've had it though. That's the thing about Reimer... he'll stand on his head and stop everything, and then let a weak one in. Backhands are tough to read but he should've been over near the post more.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
honestly, I think the goal is -

Make playoffs, and see what we can do/get experience.

so basically if we get there and do that, i think that should be the best thing. we weren't winning the division, we weren't going to win the conference. (realistically). now I believe in miracles. and I always hope for the best, so I think once we get there, anything can happen if we can channel "1/2st half Leafs". but we're good. I think we're good.

I'll be intrigued to see what happens April 3rd though.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
honestly, I think the goal is -

Make playoffs, and see what we can do/get experience.

so basically if we get there and do that, i think that should be the best thing. we weren't winning the division, we weren't going to win the conference. (realistically). now I believe in miracles. and I always hope for the best, so I think once we get there, anything can happen if we can channel "1/2st half Leafs". but we're good. I think we're good.

I'll be intrigued to see what happens April 3rd though.

I think we can give anyone in the division a run for their money in a 7 game series.

This team looks fearless with kadri, Lupul, Phaneuf leading the way.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
3/4 points against the Bruins, BEAUTIFUL as far as I see it :yo::yo:

For all you people freaking out about making the playoffs... The leafs are still 5-6 points up on 8th and 9th place... And I think this home and home against the Bruins has boosted the confidence of our team... I think the Leafs are going to good down the stretch and cement a 6-8th place finish :handclap::handclap:

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
I agree with most of what you posted, JVR is not driving the net, if anything it is he that is not helping Kessel right now. Kessel doesn't need a Center, he is capable of creating chances himself when he is in the mood, kind of tired reading why an elite talent needs this or that, all he needs is a winger like Lupul or JVR when his mind is motivated to create a 2nd scoring line, for some reason JVR has disappeared. When JVR is driving the net, the line is more than capable of producing. RC sees this and pasted his butt to the bench for it. Line will be fine once JVR wakes up, but Kessel could be better in Boston too, he shouldn't need a Crosby to play well there. Kessel can play well anywhere himself when he wants to.

I agree. I can give Bozie credit for trying, but JVR is gone, if Kessel disappeared, what does that make JVR? Dead?

buntek

Jun 2, 2011
Toronto
When Dion was voted by his peers as being overrated, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. But now, I get it.

Pulp Fiction

RIP Wade Belak
Dec 28, 2009
Grabo's Pineapple
I dunno, but that's what happened lol. I'm just stating what I'm seeing.

Reimer should've had it though. That's the thing about Reimer... he'll stand on his head and stop everything, and then let a weak one in. Backhands are tough to read but he should've been over near the post more.

yes Reimer absolutely should've had it... but the chance shouldn't have happened.

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I think it should be changed a win 3 points if in reg time or ot 2points for so win 1 point for making into ot

Seems pretty simple doesn't it? The fact that a different number of points are awarded based on an outcome of a game is beyond ridiculous. It's possibly the stupidest thing in all of sports.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Sure he is. That doesn't mean Seguin can't handle himself either.

It's funny. If Seguin was our prospect, he would be God around these parts. A kid who put up nearly 70 points in his sophomore season? The hype would be unreal.

He put up 69 pts playing sheltered minutes on the defending champion Bruins team with an actual centre; while Kessel had how many 30 goal seasons with the Leafs playing with a 3rd line centre, and recently was a PPG top 6 scorer in the NHL?

Seguin would have been chased out of town and called a bust if he had a 22 pt rookie season with the Leafs.

No doubt Seguin is talented, but at this point Kessel is the much better player. And I didn't realize how soft of a player Seguin actually is.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
You mean the secondary assist? That goal was more Gardiner's patience and Lupul's ability to get open than anything Grabo did. But I know its been a lean year for #84, guess any mole hill of credit he can get his fans make a mountain out of it.

Grabo made the pass to the wide-open Gardiner, if he didn't then there's no goal...

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina

This is a fanbase that will crucify anyone the moment they have a subpar game.

I don't know why you're giving us the benefit of the doubt here lol.

Feb 24, 2004
I'll take the point, thanks.

Watched on the Bruins feed tonight - they seemed to mention over and over how the Bruins dominated play, etc. I think whoever their analyst even said that the score should have been 5-2....I didn't see the whole game, but I know how Jack Edwards operates. Just wondering if people agree with that sentiment...

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I think we can give anyone in the division a run for their money in a 7 game series.

This team looks fearless with kadri, Lupul, Phaneuf leading the way.

I think so too.

I think the ideal spot is us being 6th.
MAYBE 8th.

We're usually pretty good/even against Pittsburgh.
We're even against Winnipeg.
We're even against Montreal
We're even against Ottawa
We're even against New Jersey
We're even against New York Rangers

the only slayers would be, Boston. And Carolina (as i think the entire NE sucks against Carolina for whatever reason). and even against Boston, I think it would be a hard fought 5-6 game series.

Again: I will believe until we are mathematically eliminated, that we're making the playoffs. and then I will believe that we have a chance. Cinderella teams happen EVERY year. We just need to hit that... Super whatever it's called, mode, and just run with it.

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
This is a quote from the GDT thread that has to be talked about.

In what ****ing world was that Gardiner's fault? I mean, seriously, what in the flying **** were you watching?

Gardiner has made his fair share of mistakes, but that particular goal was unquestionably Phaneuf's.
And how did the puck get to the Bruin in front of the net? It was passed to him.
How did the passer get the puck? He stripped it from Gardiner along the boards behind the net.

The exact same thing happened to Holzer against Pitt and he was crucified in here.

What were you watching?

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008

Watched on the Bruins feed tonight - they seemed to mention over and over how the Bruins dominated play, etc. I think whoever their analyst even said that the score should have been 5-2....I didn't see the whole game, but I know how Jack Edwards operates. Just wondering if people agree with that sentiment...

I watched the Bruins' feed as well and Jack Edwards is actually quite good and fair with his comments; as for the other guy, he was really biased for the Bruins.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009

not really.
like there were TIMES where yah, we could have been murderlized.
but we had some really good chances. maybe 5-4 :D

there were two clear oppertunities to "shoot" and I think it was Kostka/Bozak who passed.... totally different game.

Preisst*

Jun 11, 2008
Western Canada
The Bergeron goal was about 85% Gardiners fault. He let the Bruins take the puck behind the net and pass it in front without even a feeble attempt to stop him.

I really like Gardiner and he has some really strong output but after watching his weak defensive play this game it's quite apparant why he wasn't brought up sooner. He's actually regressed from last year.

:laugh:

Yeah I'm sure Lupul and JvR agree with that.

I concur. Lupul has scored a goal in every game he's played with Kadri, I'm pretty sure he's more than fine playing with someone who cares and tries versus a one trick pony who can skate fast, has a good shot but brings nothing else to the table.

So go ahead a :laugh: all you want. I'll just :yo: on cuz I'm right and you're wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad