Sharks Roster Discussion Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
Yeah there got to be more than we know. Or every 31GMs are unbelievable stupid. But I wonder why Vegas picked Schlemko because I am sure there would've been a team who would've have paid more than 5th for Dillon, Martin or Ward if Vegas.

nabbyfan

Oct 4, 2007
Santa Clarita, CA
Am i crazy or was there a time rather early in the season where Schlemko missed a stretch of games kind of without any explanation, and the online discussion was about some sort of undisclosed locker room/team discipline issue?

Anyways, good luck to David in Montreal. He could do well out there. Excited to see if Simek/Heed has what it takes to eat those minutes.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Yeah there got to be more than we know. Or every 31GMs are unbelievable stupid. But I wonder why Vegas picked Schlemko because I am sure there would've been a team who would've have paid more than 5th for Dillon, Martin or Ward if Vegas.
Mcfee saw his advanced stats and thought he'd be able to flip him for more I suppose.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Am i crazy or was there a time rather early in the season where Schlemko missed a stretch of games kind of without any explanation, and the online discussion was about some sort of undisclosed locker room/team discipline issue?

Anyways, good luck to David in Montreal. He could do well out there. Excited to see if Simek/Heed has what it takes to eat those minutes.
Yes you are not crazy.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

There was some friction with PDB that was mentioned during that stretch of missed games. But in true Sharks fashion we never really found out much more than that.

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
Mcfee saw his advanced stats and thought he'd be able to flip him for more I suppose.

If that's the case he could've have waited longer to trade him or pre-arranged a better trade. Either way McPhee screwed up mightily by picking Schlemko and flipping him instantly instead of Dillon, Martin or Ward because they definitely would have had more trade value.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
If that's the case he could've have waited longer to trade him or pre-arranged a better trade. Either way McPhee screwed up mightily by picking Schlemko and flipping him instantly instead of Dillon, Martin or Ward because they definitely would have had more trade value.
Agreed. As someone else stated this shows how little Schlemko is valued around the league compared to what people on here thought of him.

nabbyfan

Oct 4, 2007
Santa Clarita, CA
There was some friction with PDB that was mentioned during that stretch of missed games. But in true Sharks fashion we never really found out much more than that.

Thats what I thought. Seems to me there might be something there....He's a decent player on that cap and I think he could do well on a team like MTL. But IMO a player like that doesn't bounce around a third of the league without there being something else going on behind the scenes.

I think DW has faith in Heed/Demelo/Simek to take a shot and see what they have. Im personally excited for Simek

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Thats what I thought. Seems to me there might be something there....He's a decent player on that cap and I think he could do well on a team like MTL. But IMO a player like that doesn't bounce around a third of the league without there being something else going on behind the scenes.

I think DW has faith in Heed/Demelo/Simek to take a shot and see what they have. Im personally excited for Simek

I mean if all NHL GM's are idiots ...

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
tbf a lot of the GMs are former hockey players from the no helmet days. Their brains are probably close to jello at this point. Props to them for leading functional lives.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Traded for a 5th and now on this "7th" team.. Maybe there is more to it?

Maybe he is a bit of a pain and since he's a utility player, he's not worth the headache. Jeremy Roenick, Theo Fluery, Alex Kovalev were the same but teams would deal with it since they were really good.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
It does annoy me a bit that Montreal just basically took our decent 3rd pairing defenseman on a very good contract for nothing.

**** off McPhee.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Well that 2019 draft is supposed to be reaaally deep. :sarcasm:

He's going for the offer sheet McDavid. Needs all the draft picks he can get that year. :sarcasm:

GMGM Signs McDavid to 100% salary cap contract.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I get the angst, i do. But schlemko

A. Wasnt worth protecting
B. Wasnt worth what it would cost for vegas to take ward, martin or boedker

He has value on the ice, i hope heed or demelo can do similar (likely see that pair tread water in stats like gf% and ff% but put up more points overall individually)

So far DW hasn't done anything besides recoup some value on a failed pick and lose a decent bottom pair guy.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I do hope he is kicking the tires on them.
I don't know that getting one of them rules out jumbo coming back.

Well Duchene is getting 6M and Galchenyuk is an RFA probably looking for a bridge deal close to the same amount. SO $$ is kind of a factor.

At the same time, if Jumbo is back he will most definitely be a 'C'. So will Couture. Hertl could probably move to wing but Duchene will be playing 'C' as well. That seems overkill to me.

Galchenyuk could simplify matters because he could probably move to 'W' but if we do get Duchene, I don't know who plays 3C?

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Do any of you guys get the feeling that DW is kicking tires on Galchenyuk and/or Duchene and getting one of them would mean that Jumbo is not coming back?

I've seen at lot of rumors of the Sharks asking about Galchenyuk. Haven't seen any Duchene ones. It does feel like it's completely possible for Patty and Jumbo to not come back, like honestly possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad