Sharks Roster Discussion Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Well Duchene is getting 6M and Galchenyuk is an RFA probably looking for a bridge deal close to the same amount. SO $$ is kind of a factor.

At the same time, if Jumbo is back he will most definitely be a 'C'. So will Couture. Hertl could probably move to wing but Duchene will be playing 'C' as well. That seems overkill to me.

Galchenyuk could simplify matters because he could probably move to 'W' but if we do get Duchene, I don't know who plays 3C?
Isn't galchenyuk currently playing wing?

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
He's going for the offer sheet McDavid. Needs all the draft picks he can get that year. :sarcasm:

GMGM Signs McDavid to 100% salary cap contract.

Interesting.

LV offer sheets McDavid to max contract.
EDM of course matches.
McDavid decides he is too humble to take max contract and retires to play in KHL for one yr to void contract (ala Kovalchuk)
Sharks have clear path to Cup

Profit

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Man i thought wed see more by now.

Dw is in a really weird position. With jumbo and marleau, the market looking okay for some good young talent. We have the bones for a really good roster. Hoping for a splash.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
·
25m

Bergevin says he will continue to look for help on his blue line. Although pleased with the addition of Schlemko.

Hopefully DW can parlay Dillon or Braun with other assets into Galchenyuk

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Terrible with the Sharks, terrible with the Stars, terrible with Panthers

He is not particularly good at anything, but he'll grab you 25 or so points while playing garbage defense in sheltered minutes so people around the league value him like a 20-30 point D, he is bad

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Terrible with the Sharks, terrible with the Stars, terrible with Panthers

He is not particularly good at anything, but he'll grab you 25 or so points while playing garbage defense in sheltered minutes so people around the league value him like a 20-30 point D, he is bad

You seem to have personal issues you need to work out.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Funny thing is a young Demers was probably the last guy on our 3rd pairing to actually do what people thought Schlemko did last year.

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
Is it already allowed to re-sign Thornton and Marleau because the expansion draft is over? If it is I become bit more worried that they may not re-sign here. And if they haven't signed with us on 30th I think it sure thing they are not signing with us.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Is it already allowed to re-sign Thornton and Marleau because the expansion draft is over? If it is I become bit more worried that they may not re-sign here. And if they haven't signed with us on 30th I think it sure thing they are not signing with us.

It's allowed. Wait for the weekend though I'm sure a lot of the signings that have been waiting will probably start coming out.

Vaasa

Aug 23, 2006
Sacramento, CA

Until Jones and Vlasic are under contract, neither should be signed. They have already said those are the priority contracts and they should stick to it. If it means Patty and JT leave rather than wait, oh well.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I hope that Doug doesn't hold on to redundant or unnecessary pieces again like he did last year with Wingels and Nieto. Move Tierney, whatever Dmen or whoever now when they still might have value. Don't want to see another Nieto get picked up for free.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
Until Jones and Vlasic are under contract, neither should be signed. They have already said those are the priority contracts and they should stick to it. If it means Patty and JT leave rather than wait, oh well.

That's ridiculous. Thornton and Marleau are far more important and far less easily replaced, even at their current ages, than Vlasic and Jones.

I mean, Jones is a run of the mill league-average goalie. There were at least three guys exposed in the expansion draft who are as good as him if not better. It's absolutely insane to prioritize signing him to an extension a full year before his contract even expires.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

They've already signed people who weren't priority contracts ahead of Jones and Vlasic. Why would you hold off on signing guys especially those who become UFA on July 1 for guys who can't sign until July 1? That makes no damn sense.

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
On July 1st there are many contract offers on the table for both Jumbo and Patty. If DW is not going to give them contract offers before July 1st or more desirable contract offers if they have turned down earlier offers it is almost guaranteed that they will sign somewhere else. On July 1st they are not going to wait if DW is going to give them better offer later and risking that other teams could draw back their offers.

So we definitely should not wait until Jones or Vlasic extensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad