Sharks Roster Discussion Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FeedingFrenzy

Oct 26, 2009
That is my exact thought as well. Try to get Galchenyuk as he will be cheaper. He may or may not pan out as a #1C but between Hertl, Galchenyuk and Couture we will be set at that position. Hell, in an ideal scenario get Galchenyuk without giving up Hertl would mean we could still deal Hertl for a deal around Duchene (if we chose to do so).

Preferably, I would love if we could have Couture, Hertl, Galchenyuk down the middle. If Thornton comes back, put Galchenyuk on his wing (where he does better anyway) till he retires. Or put him on Couture's wing. Either way .. we have the C's to use Galchenyuk as a winger right away.

Galchenyuk is not going to want to play 3C

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
Looks like the players will be wearing a lighter teal

CgJH8ge.jpg

v43gGFx.jpg

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
The Penguins can't have worse injury luck, can they? And Washington might lose Schmidt and at least one of Oshie and Shattenkirk. And they still ice Brooks Orpik. I'd say that the Penguins are the favorite again out of the East.

I can't respond to that post, so I'll respond to this one instead.

If you aim for 99%, don't expect 100% results.

Meaning being, if you build your team based on the premise that next years Stanley Cup winner will be worse than this years (or last years) Penguins, your odds are pretty terrible. If the Penguins do not threepeat, it's because some other team was better than them, and now you have to be better than that team.

If you can't build a team that will beat this years Penguins, don't bother wasting assets.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
I can't respond to that post, so I'll respond to this one instead.

If you aim for 99%, don't expect 100% results.

Meaning being, if you build your team based on the premise that next years Stanley Cup winner will be worse than this years (or last years) Penguins, your odds are pretty terrible. If the Penguins do not threepeat, it's because some other team was better than them, and now you have to be better than that team.

If you can't build a team that will beat this years Penguins, don't bother wasting assets.

This year's Penguins (the playoff version without Letang) were not very good. This year's Sharks likely beat them 6 times out of 10 in a seven-game series. Even with Letang healthy their bottom six will be worse next year.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
We wont know about trades until 5pm (west coast), at least 6 trades have been made between LV and other teams. Going to be a sensory overload kinda afternoon haha

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Any chance we could get Dumba via Vegas? Cost?
Slotted with Pickles?

I'm sure there's a chance. The cost of trading within the division is generally enormous to the point that it is often prohibitive. I don't know if Dumba is ready to be slotted with Pickles but I'd take him over Braun in that spot right now.

I'm not expecting the Sharks to really do much in way of dealing with Vegas other than pieces that aren't all that valuable on their own.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I'm sure there's a chance. The cost of trading within the division is generally enormous to the point that it is often prohibitive. I don't know if Dumba is ready to be slotted with Pickles but I'd take him over Braun in that spot right now.

I'm not expecting the Sharks to really do much in way of dealing with Vegas other than pieces that aren't all that valuable on their own.

If you listen to duck fans, they make it sound like vegas is going to be paying the ducks to not select manson and vatanen.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
There won't be any trades until the actual picking. They want as many people to tune into their awards show as possible

Boooooooooo.

If you listen to duck fans, they make it sound like vegas is going to be paying the ducks to not select manson and vatanen.

:laugh: Okay but honestly. Ducks fans are like, "why would we pay assets worth more than Manson to protect Manson??" Um maybe because of you don't, Vegas will just take Manson? Just a thought?

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Boooooooooo.

:laugh: Okay but honestly. Ducks fans are like, "why would we pay assets worth more than Manson to protect Manson??" Um maybe because of you don't, Vegas will just take Manson? Just a thought?

Yeah that draft reveal page on the trade forum got silly after the back and forth between fans about why vegas should be nice to anaheim.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Fans will be fans but when I look at Anaheim's situation, I would not care at all about losing one of Vatanen or Manson when I see Montour coming up the pike. I mean, if it really came to that, I would've bought out Bieksa at his full cap hit over losing either of them for nothing and trade the other one but the loss of one of them on their own isn't all that concerning for me with the talent they have in their system.

But if you want to rag on the Duck fans, we should lump Kings fans in there too selling the idea that it'd be a good idea for Vegas to take Dustin Brown or Marian Gaborik off their team.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Fans will be fans but when I look at Anaheim's situation, I would not care at all about losing one of Vatanen or Manson when I see Montour coming up the pike. I mean, if it really came to that, I would've bought out Bieksa at his full cap hit over losing either of them for nothing and trade the other one but the loss of one of them on their own isn't all that concerning for me with the talent they have in their system.

But if you want to rag on the Duck fans, we should lump Kings fans in there too selling the idea that it'd be a good idea for Vegas to take Dustin Brown or Marian Gaborik off their team.

Oh i luckily missed that kings gem then.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Yeah that draft reveal page on the trade forum got silly after the back and forth between fans about why vegas should be nice to anaheim.

It's so funny after Ducks fans were ADAMANT that Bieksa would waive or be bought out and Vatanen would be traded.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Assuming that Ward is NOT chosed by Vegas, would it be a good idea for us to buy him out to create more cap space? Or we can trade him with retention. At 50% Vegas (or most teams) would be very likely to take him off our hands.

Trying to make sure we have enough space for Kovalchuk if we decide to go for it again.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
Assuming that Ward is NOT chosed by Vegas, would it be a good idea for us to buy him out to create more cap space? Or we can trade him with retention. At 50% Vegas (or most teams) would be very likely to take him off our hands.

Trying to make sure we have enough space for Kovalchuk if we decide to go for it again.

Even if Schlemko (the guy with the lowest cap hit) is Vegas' pick, we'll have over $17mil to sign Thornton, Marleau, Kovalchuk and Tierney (who could potentially be traded to NJ for Kovalchuk's rights). So even if two of them come in at $6mil and the other at $5mil, we'll have enough space. And those are probably high estimates. If Dillon gets taken instead, there's enough to give all three $6mil.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Even if Schlemko (the guy with the lowest cap hit) is Vegas' pick, we'll have over $17mil to sign Thornton, Marleau, Kovalchuk and Tierney (who could potentially be traded to NJ for Kovalchuk's rights). So even if two of them come in at $6mil and the other at $5mil, we'll have enough space. And those are probably high estimates. If Dillon gets taken instead, there's enough to give all three $6mil.

Yah. I know it was going to be close if Schlemko got taken. But I also want to get rid of Ward is because he is pretty much wasted cap space right now. He is still a good player but he is way too slow on an already slow team. I want him gone and hopefully give one of the kids a real chance in the bottom-6. Even at 50% retention, it gives us some cushion and opens up a spot for a kid.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Yah. I know it was going to be close if Schlemko got taken. But I also want to get rid of Ward is because he is pretty much wasted cap space right now. He is still a good player but he is way too slow on an already slow team. I want him gone and hopefully give one of the kids a real chance in the bottom-6. Even at 50% retention, it gives us some cushion and opens up a spot for a kid.

Regardless of who is taken, they need to move at least one of Ward or Boedker so that kids like Meier and Labanc are afforded better lineup opportunities moving forward. Hell, if they can move both of them it's even better especially if we're discussing bringing in Kovalchuk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad