Recalled/Assigned: Sharks Recalls 2015-16 Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Torres' two week conditioning stint ends "today". So, unless the (NH) league allows it to be extended, he won't play in San Antonio.

There's a month until the trade deadline.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Torres' two week conditioning stint ends "today". So, unless the (NH) league allows it to be extended, he won't play in San Antonio.

There's a month until the trade deadline.

Torres has been recalled.

The Barracuda still have too many forwards as 3 (including Jevpalovs) were scratched from the game yesterday & McLaren may not be out too much longer.

After watching him play yesterday, they've got a tough decision ahead as the guy can't skate well enough to keep up anymore.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
hmm i doubt he pairs up with demelo. im guessing they get mueller up with someone.

Problem is that Mueller is a LD and last year showed how bad he was at playing the right side. He has not been terribly good at the left side, but the right has even been worse. That is why Mueller-DeMelo as the 3rd pairding works (in theory). The only D-man on our team that can play both sides well is Martin. So if they do not want that 3rd pairing, maybe use:

Vlasic-Braun
DeMelo-Burns
Mueller-Martin

But that forces both DeMelo and Martin to play their wrong sides. If you just try to match the sides correctly:

Vlasic-Brauns
Mueller-Burns
Martin-DeMelo

But Mueller-Burns could end up being a disaster. This is a lose-lose. :laugh:

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
The thing that annoys me the most about Mueller is that he always plays with both hands on his stick. I dunno what that's about but it cuts down on his ability to stick check.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Considering mueller has been playing a lot I'd rather see him than Tennyson. But a home game against Calgary could be the time to shake off some rust

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
So at what point do we cut bait on Mueller before he loses any and all trade value? We're still only 2.5 years removed from him having that new "1st round pick" smell so I have to assume someone would give us something decent for him even if it's just a 2nd rounder. Another year of him failing to play in the NHL will make it obvious to everyone he's a bust.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
So at what point do we cut bait on Mueller before he loses any and all trade value? We're still only 2.5 years removed from him having that new "1st round pick" smell so I have to assume someone would give us something decent for him even if it's just a 2nd rounder. Another year of him failing to play in the NHL will make it obvious to everyone he's a bust.

You might wanna check how long we gave Petrecki. Waaaaay too early to give up on him unless he helps us get a needed piece for fair value. Braun was about 23.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

We aren't. Teams generally don't give up on first round picks until it's too late. Jared Cowen is just the latest example. Smart teams like the Isles would cut ties with a player like Griffin Reinhart before everyone realizes he sucks.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Don't understand why people are still so impatient with d-men.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad