Recalled/Assigned: Sharks Recalls 2015-16 Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Mueller demoted FWIW

Posted that yesterday.

With Nieto not skating, Smith in the AHL & Couture out the Sharks only have 12 "healthy" forwards right now...I wouldn't be too surprised if another F is brought up as a just in case recall tomorrow but that would require another roster move to open up a spot (Couture to IR would do it).

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Carpenter has been sent back to the AHL.

It sounded like they expected Smith back for the upcoming Sharks road trip if he feels good after today's game.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Goodrow is with the team for the road trip.

Hopefully he's there to play and not watch from the press box as he's been playing well for the SJB for the past couple of weeks and has earned another look on the 4th line.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Goodrow is with the team for the road trip.

Hopefully he's there to play and not watch from the press box as he's been playing well for the SJB for the past couple of weeks and has earned another look on the 4th line.

I like Goodrow. I hope so too. He may never amount to anything more than a 3rd or 4th liner, but he's already about as good or better than other guys we're playing and at least he has some upside still.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
I like Goodrow. I hope so too. He may never amount to anything more than a 3rd or 4th liner, but he's already about as good or better than other guys we're playing and at least he has some upside still.

I like Goodrow too. It's good to see that he's doing well with the Barracuda. I'd love it if he played himself into a position as a regular 4th liner with the Sharks.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I like Goodrow too. It's good to see that he's doing well with the Barracuda. I'd love it if he played himself into a position as a regular 4th liner with the Sharks.

Exactly, he's young and could be a staple in our bottom 6 for the next decade. That's a useful asset no matter how you spin it. Maybe he doesn't pan out and is a career minor leaguer, but is he going to hurt us? No, I don't think so.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Goodrow-Tierney-Zubrus/Brown is still not all that appealing and it's not so much because of Goodrow and Tierney. lol

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Exactly, he's young and could be a staple in our bottom 6 for the next decade. That's a useful asset no matter how you spin it. Maybe he doesn't pan out and is a career minor leaguer, but is he going to hurt us? No, I don't think so.

Has a bottom-6er ever stayed with the Sharks for a decade? For a half-decade, even? Maybe Mike Ricci...who wasn't really a bottom-6er in his first few SJ years.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Has a bottom-6er ever stayed with the Sharks for a decade? For a half-decade, even? Maybe Mike Ricci...who wasn't really a bottom-6er in his first few SJ years.

For half a decade, yes. Mark Smith. Marcel Goc should have but missed it by one year.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
honestly i've been surprised he hasn't been a regular bottom 6 by now. last season he put in some heavy work and was a bright spot for the team.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Smith also recalled (and I'm guessing activated from IR, while Couture goes on IR).

Smith was on LTIR (went on when Couture came off) and as far as I can tell, with the Goodrow recall they don't have the cap space to activate him right now though it's possible hockeyscap.com is off on their calculations.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Smith was on LTIR (went on when Couture came off) and as far as I can tell, with the Goodrow recall they don't have the cap space to activate him right now though it's possible hockeyscap.com is off on their calculations.

Could have put Couture on LTIR. :dunno:

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
For half a decade, yes. Mark Smith. Marcel Goc should have but missed it by one year.

Yeah, so basically one guy for a half-decade (and even with Smith, he was a reserve forward for long parts of his SJ tenure). I'm not sure how much of that is indicative of the Sharks's ability to draft/develop/identify/target ideal bottom-6 players, and how much is just the general trend in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad