Recalled/Assigned: Sharks Recalls 2015-16 Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Not saying that mueller is a bust at all. Some of his fundamentals have disappointed me though.

In general I understand dmen take longer to develop. With that said, I expected more from mueller. PS - what's with him randomly falling down while skating backwards in the dzone? Only happened a few times but they were clear falls with no one around him.

Demersitis.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Personally I saw Mueller make some sweet passes from the backend last game. He's getting better at that. Before he was passing to far in front of the player and/or passing it too hard. He's also gotten off more shots from the BL.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Personally I saw Mueller make some sweet passes from the backend last game. He's getting better at that. Before he was passing to far in front of the player and/or passing it too hard. He's also gotten off more shots from the BL.

He's improved at it, but it would be hard not to. His passing was flat-out atrocious at the start of the season.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

I agree. I thought he started strong and made some good passes and was decisive but that only lasted about ten minutes and his game went way south way fast.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I agree. I thought he started strong and made some good passes and was decisive but that only lasted about ten minutes and his game went way south way fast.

To me, it always looks like Mueller overthinks every single play he makes. Consequently, he's always a step behind, whether it's mentally or physically. He needs to be more decisive.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Haley's been sent back to the SJB. Unless Tierney is in the dog house he'll likely draw back in tonight and barring unknown injuries they may not bring up another forward.

Mueller has also been recalled & DeMelo hasn't been returned so one of the d-men might be injured (Vlasic?).

Last edited:

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Mueller has been returned to the SJB.

Depending on the health of Smith, Couture & Vlasic the Sharks could call up 1 F and 1 D for the upcoming road trip but don't expect to find out if they need to or not until tomorrow.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Lerg & McCarthy (hooray for it at least not being Haley I guess) have been recalled.

No d-man recalls as of now but DeMelo is still with the team.

Edit: Side move is Smith to IR.

Last edited:

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
One last move might be sending Tierney to the AHL.

I'm guessing these probably won't be announced until tomorrow though.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Lerg & McCarthy (hooray for it at least not being Haley I guess) have been recalled.

No d-man recalls as of now but DeMelo is still with the team.

Edit: Side move is Smith to IR.

I haven't calculated, but Haley is close to days on roster and games played to have to clear waivers again to be sent down.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I haven't calculated, but Haley is close to days on roster and games played to have to clear waivers again to be sent down.

Its not like any one in the league would be stupid enough to pick him up off waivers. And if there was, then it would be a blessing in not so much disguise lol

AgentCooper

May 10, 2009
Boston
Its not like any one in the league would be stupid enough to pick him up off waivers. And if there was, then it would be a blessing in not so much disguise lol

I mean, to my understanding he's a pretty good AHL player. I don't want him out of the organization, just back in the AHL.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I mean, to my understanding he's a pretty good AHL player. I don't want him out of the organization, just back in the AHL.

But he rarely plays in the ahl any more. Him being claimed would be the best thing possible for this organization. So wilson cannot call him up any more and deboer cannot play him every game.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

I highly doubt the org is worried about losing him on waivers.

Lerg & McCarthy are both probably (hopefully) gonna sit in the press box for the games against CGY and EDM but mostly I don't think DeBoer thinks that Haley's "elements" are necessary against these two teams.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
All of the recall / demotion stuff is posted on the AHLs sight though there's a few more than I thought.

It's likely all cap related but it seems that when all was said and done Mueller, DeMelo & Tierney are all on the NHL roster, no one else from the AHL has been brought up.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
IIRC, McCarthy and/or Lerg were promised "minimum" $$s (above AHL $$, but less than NHL $$), so this wrangling could be how they are doing "paper" transactions to get them those days on the NHL roster with higher salary.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Mueller back to the SJB, DeMelo is still with the big club.

No practice today so there likely won't be an update on either Couture or Vlasic until tomorrow.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Mueller back to the SJB, DeMelo is still with the big club.

No practice today so there likely won't be an update on either Couture or Vlasic until tomorrow.

They got into SJ at 3am last night. No surprise they canceled practice.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Carpenter has finally been called up!!

LS is at practice & said he's on the ice.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I expect a huge celebration from Joakim Ryan on Carpentar's callup. Hopefully the delay is simply because he has something grandiose in the offing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad