Recalled/Assigned: Sharks Recalls 2015-16 Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
It'll be hilarious if neither one of Ryan or Carpenter see NHL ice this year since because Gerbefield

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
You really want to come up for the day to sit in the pressbox?

Ya, it doesn't bother me that they haven't brought Ryan up as a 'press box' d-man and it's likely going to take a few injuries at the same time for him to get a look this season.

It did bother me that they had Haley playing over a couple of other guys but at this point I don't really expect him to play in the NHL again this year (barring several injuries).

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
Really interested on if Ryan can be the solution as the #6 Dman with all the optimism on this board.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Really interested on if Ryan can be the solution as the #6 Dman with all the optimism on this board.

It seems unlikely to me that he'll get a shot this season so if it's gonna happen my guess is it could be with another team.

I do think he may be an upgrade on Tennyson/Mueller right now and he's better than DeMelo but Mueller is going to get a very, very, very long rope to earn that #6 spot and this org is still high on DeMelo for some reason.

Maybe next year they'll give him a shot.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013

cZkNvrV.jpg

M5G0RDN.png

Last edited:

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Meh, you can't on the one hand complain about rushing Mueller while pushing to rush Ryan.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Meh, you can't on the one hand complain about rushing Mueller while pushing to rush Ryan.

Well. The things Mueller has on Ryan right now are draft pedigree and size. Mueller has proven nothing to show me that he deserves a chance over Ryan. Ryan played really well at Cornell and has out-played Mueller in Worcester/Barracuda. He is also older than Mueller (22 vs 20), so not sure how this would consider 'rushing' Ryan.

My opinion is simple, atleast give Ryan a couple of games on the Sharks. There is always a chance that he is worse than Mueller or Tennyson but given the way those two have played off late, I am fine with that level of risk.

The Sharks management seems to play favorites quite a lot. They will reward players like Lerg, Haley, etc. by calling them up but will not call up Ryan who appears to be their best D-man this year.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
The difference between mueller and Ryan is that one (mueller) has a higher ceiling. When you rush him into a bottom pairing he doesn't learn to lead an offense or be a shutdown guy. But who knows if he'd learn that with the cuda either...

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
The difference between mueller and Ryan is that one (mueller) has a higher ceiling. When you rush him into a bottom pairing he doesn't learn to lead an offense or be a shutdown guy. But who knows if he'd learn that with the cuda either...

Do any players actually learn anything useful for the nhl in the ahl with the baracudas?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Do any players actually learn anything useful for the nhl in the ahl with the baracudas?

About the only thing useful they will learn is work habits, diet, and travel to some extent/length of schedule. In terms of on-ice play, I don't think they really do. The speed and skill difference changes the game pretty dramatically for all positions.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
About the only thing useful they will learn is work habits, diet, and travel to some extent/length of schedule. In terms of on-ice play, I don't think they really do. The speed and skill difference changes the game pretty dramatically for all positions.

I think it's typically a good place to transition to the speed of the NHL game. CHL game is pretty slow compared to the NHL and the AHL is way faster than the CHL too.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I think it's typically a good place to transition to the speed of the NHL game. CHL game is pretty slow compared to the NHL and the AHL is way faster than the CHL too.

I agree with that. You basically learn what you can't do more than what you can do. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad