Value of: Shane Pinto for a top-4 RHD.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
What about

Chabot for Ekblad

Virtually the same cap hit, each team gets a player who compliments their group better.

Chabot - smooth skating PMD, goes well with Florida's offensive style. Forsling/Montour/Chabot/Gudas (or whatever RD they replace Gudas with, Severson, Mayfield, etc) should be more dynamic

Ekblad is slower but as a big shot RD he should fit like a glove with Sanderson. Sanderson-Ekblad/Chychrun-Zub is a very well rounded top 4.

Chabot is a year younger and signed for much longer but at 8 million a year that might be cap space Ottawa would prefer to have in 2 years after Ekblad's contract runs out.

Contingent on Ekblad waiving his NMC of course
I wouldn’t hate this idea…

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Pinto has been quite bad relative to expectations so far in his career (Not the Sean Couturier clone Senators fans were claiming he’d be).

He is still young and the Senators need a top-4 right shot defender. Who’s available?

Braedon Schneider?
Issue may not be Pinto but the expectations..

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Pinto has been quite bad relative to expectations so far in his career (Not the Sean Couturier clone Senators fans were claiming he’d be).

He is still young and the Senators need a top-4 right shot defender. Who’s available?

Braedon Schneider?
He's a rookie going to score 20 goals while being 52% in the dot and responsible defensively. Most games he has ever played in a season is 33 before this one. This post is terrible.

What is this with your dumb Senator takes???
He also claims to be a fan of the team. Pathetic.

Reactions: DueDiligence

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
He's a rookie going to score 20 goals while being 52% in the dot and responsible defensively. Most games he has ever played in a season is 33 before this one. This post is terrible.

He also claims to be a fan of the team. Pathetic.
he has been pitiful 5on5
0C807C7D-5240-4109-8C6F-3087C3A65D14.jpeg

Terrible take.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Tbh, you'll be hard-pressed to find another team give up as good a prospect as Pinto in a trade.

He's a blue-chip young piece that can blossom into a 1C or a highly coveted match up 2nd line C.
So again, what quality top 4 RD will you get for pinto?

It’s not a slight against Pinto it’s more that the supply of RD is so low there’s virtually an imbalance in value on the trade market to get them.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002

Braedon Schneider?

wtf?
Who thinks this?

Also:
Sanderson Zub
Chabot Chychrun

Who exactly are we picking up to displace one of these guys? lol

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
This is a reach, but I do think he could be a very strong offensive 2C like prime Kadri.

Imagine if Ottawa had just kept Paul?

I loved Nick Paul (and wish we still had him), but Pinto is simply going to be a much better player than Paul. (Not that you couldn’t have them both)

Also Pinto style is 200’ 2 way player (eventually 2nd line type guy) not a Kadri style offensive 2nd line C.
He is perfectly cast as an elite 3rd line guy behind Stutzle and Norris.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
I loved Nick Paul (and wish we still had him), but Pinto is simply going to be a much better player than Paul. (Not that you couldn’t have them both)

Also Pinto style is 200’ 2 way player (eventually 2nd line type guy) not a Kadri style offensive 2nd line C.
He is perfectly cast as an elite 3rd line guy behind Stutzle and Norris.

Disagree, but we will see. Eye test and stats don't really have him as a strong defensive player, and I don't think we should just hand that labels out to any player.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
This is a reach, but I do think he could be a very strong offensive 2C like prime Kadri.

Imagine if Ottawa had just kept Paul?

He won NCHC top defensive forward in 2020-2021.

If anything his two way play is his calling card.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Disagree, but we will see. Eye test and stats don't really have him as a strong defensive player, and I don't think we should just hand that labels out to any player.

Huh? But he's had that label since before he was drafted. He's a defensive center. That's his bread and butter. Not many centers excel defensively in their rookie NHL season, but his style of play will lead to being a very good defensive center. He's like a modern day Mike Fisher. Less physical, but more skilled.

Reactions: JackieDaytona

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Pinto+2nd for Rasmus Andersson?

Chabot-Zub
Chychun-Andersson
Brannstrom-x

that defense would be top 5 in the NHL

What happened to Sanderson.

I don’t understand this thread. Why does Ottawa need a top 4 D? They just traded for one. Why are they trading Pinto? OP is trash.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad