Value of: Shane Pinto for a top-4 RHD.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
This doesnt even have Ottawa's best d man in it. They dont need another D man they need Pinto badly.
Ottawa is going to be a match-up nightmare on the road if we are able to run Stützle, Norris & Pinto down the middle.

Especially if we expect Pinto to turn into that shut down centre on the third line, Norris and Stützle can feast on match ups.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Ottawa is going to be a match-up nightmare on the road if we are able to run Stützle, Norris & Pinto down the middle.

Especially if we expect Pinto to turn into that shut down centre on the third line, Norris and Stützle can feast on match ups.
Give it a couple years and I’ll agree but it’s a lot of inexperienced youth right now.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022

The only nightmare will be the scorekeeper trying to keep count of all the goals for the other team :cool:

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
It was Boston's first. Can't be higher than #28.

"1st round pick" can mean lots of different things.
Ok. Sandin went for a late 1st in a great draft. And he’s no top 4 RHD.

He’s more of a small, puck moving LHD that I’d call a #5 when he was traded.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Ok. Sandin went for a late 1st in a great draft. And he’s no top 4 RHD.

He’s more of a small, puck moving LHD that I’d call a #5 when he was traded.
The point was I was framing Sandin like the jokester of OP was doing; that Pinto is simply a "30pt centre" just like Sandin is a 7th D.

Obviously, that's not the most accurate way to portray assets with sky-high potential, and Pinto's potential is higher than Sandin's, so if Sandin is getting a 1st rd pick +, Pinto can get more.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
The point was I was framing Sandin like the jokester of OP was doing; that Pinto is simply a "30pt centre" just like Sandin is a 7th D.

Obviously, that's not the most accurate way to portray assets with sky-high potential, and Pinto's potential is higher than Sandin's, so if Sandin is getting a 1st rd pick +, Pinto can get more.
I would certainly agree.

But a top 4, young RHD is going to be more valuable than Pinto. That’s a more rare player.

I’d definitely trade you the Avs 2023 1st for Pinto. That’s an easy yes from the Avs if the Sens were stupid enough to make that trade.

Pinto is valuable. He’s not close to Seider. Doubt you’d get the Rangers guy either.

And I’d rather have Pinto than Druzi or Grans from LA Kings but you could ask them. They’d say yes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tufted Titmouse

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
I would certainly agree.

But a top 4, young RHD is going to be more valuable than Pinto. That’s a more rare player.

I’d definitely trade you the Avs 2023 1st for Pinto. That’s an easy yes from the Avs if the Sens were stupid enough to make that trade.

Pinto is valuable. He’s not close to Seider. Doubt you’d get the Rangers guy either.

And I’d rather have Pinto than Druzi or Grans from LA Kings but you could ask them. They’d say yes.
I don't know enough about Schneider, but you'd have to be a loon to think Pinto could return an asset like Seider. And I'm not THAT looney, haha.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I don't know enough about Schneider, but you'd have to be a loon to think Pinto could return an asset like Seider. And I'm not THAT looney, haha.
Seider is a young RHD. A little overrated around these parts, but he’s still super valuable and more of a top pair guy long term.

No way Rangers trade Schneider for Pinto. Even if the value is roughly equal, you don’t trade a 21 year old RHD trending towards middle pair defender. Those are too hard to find.

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
No way. Sens have acquired enough defensemen.

Need to keep centre depth, I'm not trading our 3rd line centre. I like having 5 centres going forward. Greig can play wing unless injury to a C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad