Shanahan Post Season Presser

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OptimusReim

Jul 13, 2011
Without any material changes, I am done with this team and will not spend any more time, energy or money on them next season.

Management needs to understand status quo is unacceptable

Chr1988

Feb 9, 2020
This core isnt gonna get it done unless a big trade is made sad to say. The American teams are just built to well (colorado,vegas,boston....) I honestly think they should just start the rebuild now then wait 3 years when everyone walks ...... Colorados 3rd pairing d is better than our top line they are one scary team!

Reactions: rumman

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
I don't particularly care to be honest.

I don't think the media has ever pushed us into good decisions with their questions. I have seen them push us into bad ones like the return of Clark

So if I understand you correctly, you are saying we shouldn't ask real questions about the way this team is being run? Why is that going to cause us to make a bad trade?

Of all the people talking...Keefe came across as tone deaf and had no literal clue as to why they lost. If this was the first time they came up small in a deciding game...like last year, I can excuse it somewhat. When the team consistently comes up with low effort games when its all on the line and the coach says it was just bad luck...well..that's a problem. How many bad luck games are you going to have in a game 7 scenario? We scored a total of 2 goals in the last 3 deciding games...that's not puck luck.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Habs were lucky to get 2. To beat the AVs you need to shut them down because you cannot match their scoring. Saving goal is equal to scoring goals.

Though if say the Leafs problem was putting the puck in the net in the playoffs more so than keeping it out. Look no further than game 7 where their only goal came with just a minute left.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
So if I understand you correctly, you are saying we shouldn't ask real questions about the way this team is being run? Why is that going to cause us to make a bad trade?

Of all the people talking...Keefe came across as tone deaf and had no literal clue as to why they lost. If this was the first time they came up small in a deciding game...like last year, I can excuse it somewhat. When the team consistently comes up with low effort games when its all on the line and the coach says it was just bad luck...well..that's a problem. How many bad luck games are you going to have in a game 7 scenario? We scored a total of 2 goals in the last 3 deciding games...that's not puck luck.
You don't understand me correctly.

I'm saying these interviews are guarded and pointless for the most part. Asking tough questions or easy questions doesn't matter or change the course in any positive direction.

Keefe spoke about needing to get Nylabder some more ice time and the top line not producing. He made comments throughout the series about our own mistakes costing us. Hard to argue with any of that IMO

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
I really wish it had been a full house for game 7 instead of just a few hundred nurses doing sodoku puzzles and playing solitaire on their iPhones.

Would the fans have been hostile as the 3rd period wound down? That may have been enough to bring about some firings.

MLSE doesn’t want to fans to humiliate the organization on national television.

Think back to how hard Burke defended that bumbling jackass Ron Wilson. It wasn’t until the “Fire Wilson” chants were drowning out the broadcast that Burke finally had to euthanize him.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Though if say the Leafs problem was putting the puck in the net in the playoffs more so than keeping it out. Look no further than game 7 where their only goal came with just a minute left.

Exactly and why if we strengthen our d and g we can win the games when 34 is not scoring.

Reactions: rumman

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
I would like someone to ask SHammy what his thoughts are on the fact that 18 of the top 18 highest paid players are sitting at home right now watching the 2nd round. Ask him to explain that anomaly. Ask him to explain how Carey Price was the FIRST player making over $9.9M a year to win a playoff series...how many years has it been that Toews and Kane broke that barrier of $10M?

Reactions: mlbace123

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
No they aren't lol, the $$$ keeps coming in so they feel we are all thrilled and likely don't know what Hockey even is.
That's a pretty weird board if they're happy leaving significant amounts of money on the table icing a losing team.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
See that's the problem with the media...anyone except for Steve Simmons is their friend and they don't want to piss them off and lose some access to the team. Just ask a tough question once in a while...remember when Simmons asked Babs why he played Marleau so much in the game 7 and Babs had a fit and walked away? Pepperidge Farm remembers...

If nobody is going to be truly critical of these guys and they get covered by soft ball questions it won't change. They are going to go down with the ship on this...trust me. They won't even fire Manny the Genius after going 50% of the season with a horrific PP. How in the world can you expect accountability from your players when they won't ask for it from the staff?
I agree and I would even say Simmons was not asking tough questions either.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I literally said back before game 5 that some of you guys need to stop looking forward to the Jets series.

You guys jixed it. What a joke

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Didn't watch the whole thing because I actually don't care. Going by the few clips and quotes I read (disclaimer - limited info), I am concerned that:
  • They are of the opinion that the problem is solely with the bottom 6;
  • That they're unwilling to move a core member if it makes sense;
  • The uncertainty around Jason Spezza and Zach Hyman.
Will wait for the off-season, but I have now entered passive fan-mode status (i.e., watch a few regular season games; maybe most of the first round if they get there).

After making this decision, you know what? I feel absolutely liberated.

Welcome to the Club.

Reactions: mclaren55

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
No not really if it's a muffin goal at back breaking times over and over

That is true about the timing and the effect of shitty goals. I know Fred had at least one in every single deciding game and it killed us. I like Jack..but he just cannot do that when this mental midget team is playing scared in the first place. I do like that he called himself out over and admitted he can't allow that to happen in an important game.

Does anyone have the quote from Fred admitting he let in a softie in those 3 deciding games? ...didn't think so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad