Shanahan Post Season Presser

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
I enjoyed him calling out Shanny gor saying repeatedly choking is a proven part of building a winner.
As much as I am disgusted by the lack of killer instinct on this team Shanny is not wrong. There are plenty of examples of teams struggling before finally getting over the hump.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
As much as I am disgusted by the lack of killer instinct on this team Shanny is not wrong. There are plenty of examples of teams struggling before finally getting over the hump.
There are and there are many examples of teams that could never do it.

I guess you have to look at each individual in the core, how they are performing both regular season and playoffs. How they are trending, if progress or regression is shown, how their salaries dictate depth compared to the other teams at the time if their struggles etc. How a flat cap will impact it moving forward. All these things if you do an unbiased breakdown.

If you just sit there and say Ovi won 13 years later, problem. Lots of things happened in between. Coaches, GMs, players. Different era. Ovi was signed for what? 10 years in those days? Crosby 13.

We have 3 to UFA.

Reactions: theTTC and rumman

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020

There are plenty of examples of teams struggling to get over hump before overcoming it. Do you have any that involve never winning a single playoff series at all for half a decade before taking that quantum leap? Cos I've got none.

Everybody brace themselves, I'm going to be super negative here: this team reeks of decline more than of contention. It has star players but it's not really that unusual for a non-contender to have a couple of star players. Atlanta before they moved to Winnipeg. Columbus before they finally traded away Nash. Edmonton for years. A team that experienced a 5 consecutive year 1st round exit was the 95 to 00 Coyotes/Jets, 95 to 02 of 7 out of 8 1st round exits (1 missed playoffs). Star players like Tkachuk, Doan and Roenick accomplished nothing in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: rumman

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
I enjoyed him calling out Shanny gor saying repeatedly choking is a proven part of building a winner.

Most of the media in the GTA are a bunch of simps because they all work for Rogers or Bell.... the same companies that own the sports teams. Very incestuous.

So even thought he's a hack I'll give Simmonds some credit for actually asking meaningful questions.

Reactions: rumman

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
There are and there are many examples of teams that could never do it.

I guess you have to look at each individual in the core, how they are performing both regular season and playoffs. How they are trending, if progress or regression is shown, how their salaries dictate depth compared to the other teams at the time if their struggles etc. How a flat cap will impact it moving forward. All these things if you do an unbiased breakdown.

If you just sit there and say Ovi won 13 years later, problem. Lots of things happened in between. Coaches, GMs, players. Different era. Ovi was signed for what? 10 years in those days? Crosby 13.

We have 3 to UFA.
I don't disagree. Just saying it may be premature to assume they'll never get it done and that Shanny was not necessarily wrong there. That being said, I Love Mitchy but for 11M he wrote a cheque his ass can't cash. I'm tempted to throw Auston in there too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad