Shanahan Post Season Presser

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
They are not going to make any trades now.
It won’t happen but it’s good to imagine.

If Vegas lose, maybe they will start thinking they need elite talents and might entertain Stone for Marner?

Ovie resigns with Caps and asks for more skill. Marner for Mantha and Wilson?

Maybe Blues want more skill and willing to trade ROR for Marner.

Trade will happen post draft day.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Yeah, even I thought we were going to beat Montreal. Pathetic isn't it. And Pittsburgh lost because of really bad goaltending. What's your point?

my point is even you dunno what you’re talking about. It’s cool to play both sides of the fence when they lose tho cause you as well thought they’d win. ...

in fact you were 0/2 cause Pitt was incredibly wrong too.

get mad, just know you’re also no good at analyzing talent.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
my point is even you dunno what you’re talking about. It’s cool to play both sides of the fence when they lose tho cause you as well thought they’d win. ...

in fact you were 0/2 cause Pitt was incredibly wrong too.

get mad, just know you’re also no good at analyzing talent.
My opinion always changes with more data. Some peoples opinions change over the offseason. That's not me. Only on-ice results really affect my opinions. This years playoffs further eroded my belief in this team. And next year we will be playing in a killer division. The playoffs aren't a guarantee.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
It’s pretty obvious this core isn’t being touched until:

A) They win
B) Shanahan/Dubas are fired

That’s pretty much it.
Whatever magic fairy dust they are looking for to instil killer instinct, ability to play without going into a coma, starting on time, dealing with playoff grind, etc. etc. remains a mystery to all. When the whodunnit of this mystery is right there in the half cap people.

I really hate having to out wait the obvious.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
As far as I know, I don't think any reporters asked tough questions.
For AM and Marner, I don't see any questions like, "Why do you think you could not score or do you know what you need to do to improve and lead the Leafs to the 2nd round.....
For Dubas and Shanny, focus on 'Habs is the only team that ever advance to the 2nd round with 10mil plus player and thats mainly bc they beat another team with 10mil plus players, any comments on that? or Is the learning curve over?
Also what about being accountable. ZERO goals in 18 playoff games and you are earning close to 11mil.
Or

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I just want to say, if and when they trade Marner this offseason, it doesn't mean the Leafs will make it pass the 2nd round.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
3 more years of Matthews' contract left and we're gonna likely waste at least one more of them with the same core. Man I don't know what to say. These guys need to be urgent here, Tavares is getting older, Brodie is also gonna be done in 3 more years, Nylander will possibly decline when he loses some foot speed......and we're talking about just giving these same losers another year and giving a coach with nothing proven another year.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
They are not going to make any trades now.
It won’t happen but it’s good to imagine.

If Vegas lose, maybe they will start thinking they need elite talents and might entertain Stone for Marner?

Ovie resigns with Caps and asks for more skill. Marner for Mantha and Wilson?

Maybe Blues want more skill and willing to trade ROR for Marner.

Trade will happen post draft day.

Dubs isn't trading Marner, he has a tattoo of the guy on his back :laugh: Without even looking at any of those in detail, Dubas says no, that isn't his game, plus he doesn't understand that age doesn't matter if those young guns have no intention of sticking around. He is trying to build a team in the mode of the pre cap era when you could pay them at the top of the range irrespective off your total payroll and hang onto them as long as needed.

I an starting to think there could be a Rielly deal though. Its a fact they can't deal with much more than the guy's current hit, and he is better than that. Plus I don't think Rielly is that worried that he is losing his chance to "play for a contender" so he isn't going to drop his pants to offset the M and M deals. I think any Leaf player now must be looking a bit differently at the club's potential but I guess only Spezza and Hyman really matter right now.

Reactions: forecheck

forecheck

May 14, 2007
These " Politicians " can say whatever they want about their plan moving forward ... But they shouldn't forget the board is listening to the hate from the fan base which are demanding change ...... Perhaps their cockiness will be seen by the Board and heads will roll ?

Reactions: Garthinater

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Dubs isn't trading Marner, he has a tattoo of the guy on his back :laugh: Without even looking at any of those in detail, Dubas says no, that isn't his game, plus he doesn't understand that age doesn't matter if those young guns have no intention of sticking around. He is trying to build a team in the mode of the pre cap era when you could pay them at the top of the range irrespective off your total payroll and hang onto them as long as needed.

I an starting to think there could be a Rielly deal though. Its a fact they can't deal with much more than the guy's current hit, and he is better than that. Plus I don't think Rielly is that worried that he is losing his chance to "play for a contender" so he isn't going to drop his pants to offset the M and M deals. I think any Leaf player now must be looking a bit differently at the club's potential but I guess only Spezza and Hyman really matter right now.
I don't know. As I mentioned before, Dubas looked different in the presser. I think he knows this is his last year. Thats pretty much from the top. Bc Shanny must be feeling the heat too.
They must be really stupid to think this core is good enough.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Then look what happened to the Jackets and what will likely happen to the Habs. Teams who play to edge out wins like that don't go far.

You don't see the Avs or the Bolts looking to steal 1 goal wins.
AVs not so far. What were the scores of the TB Carolina games? Leafs are not going to beat them if they give up more than 3 goals.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
These " Politicians " can say whatever they want about their plan moving forward ... But they shouldn't forget the board is listening to the hate from the fan base which are demanding change ...... Perhaps their cockiness will be seen by the Board and heads will roll ?
No they aren't lol, the $$$ keeps coming in so they feel we are all thrilled and likely don't know what Hockey even is.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
As hilarious as those t-ball questions were to hear, as well as the delusional answers of Shanahan there is really only one thing left, especially for those that are only hanging on by a thread of Marners hair.

This is to wait until a couple weeks after UFA day. Because there probably wont be any other trades before the training camps open after July. If they legit do nothing to that core, and do nothing to the coaching...etc. people can make their decisions if they want to support the team by watching or buying merch..etc.

Marner, Hyman, Reilly. 4 in the core with major problems and cap ramifications. If this same group returns for next year intact and unchanged, I personally do not understand how anybody can be excited to watch a full season of this again. To me it would be like watching Game of Thrones seasons 1-6 again. Whats the point of wasting that time and energy knowing how it all gets thrown away.
I did and I think it was better in some ways than the first time as I picked up on a lot of stuff I missed the first time around. I have talked a few people I know into watching it a 2nd time and nobody regretted it...just sayin. I do agree with what you said up to that point.

NightTrain1

Oct 20, 2013
I did and I think it was better in some ways than the first time as I picked up on a lot of stuff I missed the first time around. I have talked a few people I know into watching it a 2nd time and nobody regretted it...just sayin. I do agree with what you said up to that point.

STOP RUINING MY MOMENT!

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I wonder if either of them play bad cop behind closed doors. If I was an underperforming player and lacked motivation and work ethic I probably wouldn’t feel too insecure in my job security and be extra motivated playing under Shanahan and Dubas. Would be a different story with Cam Neely in Boston though.
In Boston, Marchand & Bergeron would handle it long before it got to Neely

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
AVs not so far. What were the scores of the TB Carolina games? Leafs are not going to beat them if they give up more than 3 goals.

The Avs have one of the most high octane offensive forward groups in the league though.

The Leafs gave up on average less than 2 goals per game against the Habs

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Babcock should have been fired after the last Boston series instead of dragging it out into the next year.
You mean during the off season when they would had a line up of candidates to choose from and time to make a decision?
And then have the new coach in place in time to run his own training camp?

Yea, that might have been a better idea.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
The organization always delays the hard decisions as long as possible. Babcock should have been fired after the last Boston series instead of dragging it out into the next year. Andersen should have been replaced or a plan put in place for a successor years ago, especially last off season, and instead they gambled and actually got lucky with the emergence of Campbell, at least for this season. It's become pretty clear the 40 million core isn't going to work in a flat cap world especially with 50% going MIA when it actually matters so naturally they will waste another year repeating the same mistakes.

Yup. It's always too late and reactionary. The organization isn't serious about winning, they want the optics to appear serious about winning. It's all about marketing the young "core" and generating the revenue, going through the motions, waiting and waiting for them to reach their potential and overpay along the way. Winning is not the priority.

I'm not saying blast the team to the media, but it's unreal how at this point Shanahan/Dubas/Keefe treat these players with kid's gloves.

I don't know why I listened to the presser today, thought maybe I would hear something different this time. These guys are smooth talking politicians who talk and talk but aren't saying anything. As someone else said, they're drinking their own koolaid.

Reactions: FraumBallard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad