Shanahan Post Season Presser

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

horner

May 22, 2007
He said Keefe is an excellent coach who made lots of adjustments. I’m done lmao. Relocate the franchise
What f***ing adjustments did Keefe make.
Except distrusting the second line when folingo came in , which was a funny move .
Never separated Mathews and Marner , when it clearly wasn't working.
Am I missing anything?
Keefe was running scared like the players.

horner

May 22, 2007
As hilarious as those t-ball questions were to hear, as well as the delusional answers of Shanahan there is really only one thing left, especially for those that are only hanging on by a thread of Marners hair.

This is to wait until a couple weeks after UFA day. Because there probably wont be any other trades before the training camps open after July. If they legit do nothing to that core, and do nothing to the coaching...etc. people can make their decisions if they want to support the team by watching or buying merch..etc.

Marner, Hyman, Reilly. 4 in the core with major problems and cap ramifications. If this same group returns for next year intact and unchanged, I personally do not understand how anybody can be excited to watch a full season of this again. To me it would be like watching Game of Thrones seasons 1-6 again. Whats the point of wasting that time and energy knowing how it all gets thrown away.
Why not include Mathews, he did shit

Reactions: rumman

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
Who is the third team in the division?
Bruins, Panthers, TB and us should be the 4 playoffs teams

Watch out for the Sens! They are young, hungry and no spoiled rotten kids. Montreal can compete as well but need offensive help for the regular season. If, or should I say when, the Leafs regress just a bit, they will be lucky to make the playoffs. But hey, as the 3 Stooges keep telling us, it will be yet another learning experience.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Watch out for the Sens! They are young, hungry and no spoiled rotten kids. Montreal can compete as well but need offensive help for the regular season. If, or should I say when, the Leafs regress just a bit, they will be lucky to make the playoffs. But hey, as the 3 Stooges keep telling us, it will be yet another learning experience.
Sens is a mirage.
Habs just don’t have the fire power to do anything.
Wings and Sabres are just not good

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Sens is a mirage.
Habs just don’t have the fire power to do anything.
Wings and Sabres are just not good

Jackets and Habs just beat us in 5 and 7 with no fire power. A better strategy might be to strengthen our defensive game and hope that we can beat teams 2-1 in playoff games. Will take a true #1 but I doubt Dubas can find one let alone fit him in under the cap.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Jackets and Habs just beat us in 5 and 7 with no fire power. A better strategy might be to strengthen our defensive game and hope that we can beat teams 2-1 in playoff games. Will take a true #1 but I doubt Dubas can find one let alone fit him in under the cap.
I think when it comes down to it, AM and Marner just need to show up in the playoffs. No team can survive when their top two players gone MIA

Last edited:

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
This is the now the second time in a month that Simmonds has said something that made me LOL "No team has lost 5 first round series in a row and won a Stanley Cup"

I like Simmonds because he is direct and asks the tough questions. He's not disrespectful, but this is the major leagues, those on the team must answer to their hungry fans. Many of which I am convinced, will leave until they see a first round win at least.

I've worked on corporate sales teams where marketing has been basically reamed on the calls (a major U.S corporation as it were) and passive-aggression is often part of the talk "Did your team miss your numbers because of the timing of the marketing, or did you miss the mark due to some other unforeseen circumstance?"

There's never, "well we will do better next time". You say "we lost because of ________". Your answer better make sense.

It's all fresh and stunning for them, and Dubas and Keefe have shown the ability to stitch it all together. However, management needs to say "we didn't get it done, again. We will move forward with the players on this team we believe we can get it done with and add externally where needed. No one jobs is safe, this is the business we are in". If you are one of the Big Four, you feel your job is safe. That's not exactly encouraging for ANY sports team.

Last year Dubas was more direct about the players taking ownership. The first place finish has clouded their vision, maybe due to the injury to Tavares and at least jumping out 3-1 in the series, but this is about winning.

My thinking is that each year, if I am the opposing team, I will know exactly how to stop Marners line. No East-West player who refuses to dump it in from time to time is going to beat a passive, trap.

Reactions: LeafsRus and rumman

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
This team isn’t going anywhere with what Shanahan is saying.

The trouble here is: management is looking for some type of magic (killer instinct, hard to play, unshakable) to put around the core when in order to win the core must BE the magic. It’s not player x bringing killer instinct to Crosby. Crosby is the instinct.

The problem is right there.

EGL22

Mar 20, 2018
Shanny - I dunno Kyle we may be in deep shit this time,this presser will be rough.

Dubas - You kidding me here boss,no worries.
The media loves me here,they will mostly let us off the hook.

Then I flash my impish grin,use my boyish charm and assure everyone things will be fine and we have no real problems.

After that MLSE will be happy the fans are back,merch flies off the shelves and tv ratings soar because the fans just keep coming back for more no matter what.

Over 50 years of the same slop and they keep buying it,what a great city.

So sit back and relax,no matter what we do we are golden until Mattews leaves and then it will be someone elses problem.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Steve Simmons showing again that he is the only serious journalist in Toronto. He absolutely destroyed Shanahan. Shanahan looked like a bumbling fool. No wonder everyone hates Simmons. Most people hate reality.
Serious lol. How did he desroy Shanahan?

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Did Mitch ever answer what he was thinking when he flipped that puck into the stands for a penalty ?? Did Keefe ever answer WTF he was thinking with that goalie interference challenge ??
That’s what I wanna know. He did that on purpose. Blew my mind when I seen that happen the first thing I thought was he was purposely throwing the game. Did his daddy put money on the Habs. Lol. But seriously it’s mind blowing.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
HA, what is Florida's level?
Worse than ours believe it or not.
I dont know what you watched but this year against tampa the best team in the league, they played pretty well. Playoff energy thats wht i saw. Not the garbage play leafs vs habs.

will have serious trouble in atlantic next seaso

Reactions: MJK

leafygoods

Defending Champs
Aug 12, 2009
Halifax
Wow, much like the Leafs, only the complete dusters show up on this message board during the playoffs. Bunch of truck selfie dude-bros praising STEVE f***ING SIMMONDS in here . Sounds like a bunch of Oilers fans...

I get that the boys didn't show up, lost to our rivals and embarrassed the Franchise but you don't have to do the same thing. This core is good. We saw it in the regular season, we've seen it in single games, the other pieces this year were hit or miss, Guys like Spezza and Kerfoot worked their tail off, guys like Thornton and Simmonds were invisible. I give zero thought to the bullshit "Bubble" playoffs, they were garbage, but this year they dropped the ball big time. They need one more shot at this, this has to light a fire under their asses otherwise heads roll. If Marner and Matthews disappear again, one is gone for sure. But damn, maybe I just knew it was over after game 6, but I think this is total overreaction to getting outworked by our rivals. (I hope, otherwise ya'll f***ing crazy)

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

Then look what happened to the Jackets and what will likely happen to the Habs. Teams who play to edge out wins like that don't go far.

You don't see the Avs or the Bolts looking to steal 1 goal wins.

Reactions: Clark4Ever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad