Shanahan Post Season Presser

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
You had to add the lmao to your post. That required a response and a teaching opportunity.

It was a genuine response ? Had I known you were this sensitive I never would have replied, going forward I'll be sure not too. Cheers.

Reactions: danny90

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
Press is lobbing balloons at these losers. The question is, "Isn't there a difference between the regular season and the playoffs and your team seems totally unprepared to play the way that is necessary to win in the playoffs?"

These jokers keep talking about the regular season which means nothing.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
well the Big 4 are staying that's what I take from this. I'm not going to sit here and belly ache. I question this core's ability to push past the demons but I'll support the team nonetheless. I've been extremely critical of AM and MM after game 7. I feel it is warranted. But at the end of the day I am aware they are elite level talents that do not come by frequently. I still think if we were able to get Jack Eichel in place of Mitch Marner that is a lateral move that is 100% worth exploring. But then again, I have no damn clue if that's even possible. For now, it appears they will be back for next year, and I will support them as I did this year. I have faith in this Management staff. They've never demonstrated a desire for the status quo. They constantly bring in new complimentary pieces and I have no worries that they wont do the same this offseason. Hopefully our core 4 come back hungrier than ever, they will need it.

I said it in an earlier post, we are in an extremely awkward position as a franchise. There is an overwhelming desire to break the core 4, Mitch being the odd man out. But trading a guy like Mitch will likely not return a player of even similar caliber. It will likely not improve our team in the immediate, and if it's a futures heavy deal it will directly contradict the JT signing and the remaining 3 years on Auston's deal. Not to mention If Auston is not extended in the summer of 2023 there is a good chance he will be traded. So potentially even 2 more seasons.

As shitty as it may be, this core will likely be in place for 2 more years unless a superstar for superstar trade can be had. Which historically does not happen. They obviously cannot completely tip their hand, and I'm sure KD will explore all options regardless of what's said today. Either way, I'll be back as a fan no matter what. Once a sucker, always a sucker

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Shanahan really spins the narrative. He's been here 7 years. I'll give him the first 3 years since we werent supposed to make playoffs (including horchuck year)

so thats 4 years of constant fail in the playoffs. I look at other teams like Bos, Islanders, Florida, Tampa, Hurricanes and they have another level in the playoffs.

I just dont see it in this current team. Major changes need to happen.

HA, what is Florida's level?
Worse than ours believe it or not.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
This team needs to be like the Patriots in the nfl - don’t buy in - buy bye. Want daddy involved and preferential treatment - see ya. Win or at least go out swinging isn’t much to ask

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
If they haven't fired them now, their job is more secure than those guys in the Senate.
Missing the playoffs and the money that comes with it is a whole different animal. According to Mirtle and a few others, MLSE is already starting to question this entire management group.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
They need to prevent Soupy from going beast mode during the summer. :laugh:

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
That doesn’t justify dressing a rookie D man. Did you see Romanov from Montreal? There’s a reason for that
I do agree but the Habs do have PP defenceman. Had Sandin not been injured most of the season he would have gotten those reps. Personally I would have used Muzzin because of his shot.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
What did Masai said in his end of season presser before he traded for Kawhi? Did he said anything like he will trade DD, or nobody is safe?
Shanny or any smart Execs won’t come out and said I am willing to trade this player or nobody is safe….
If Marner is traded it will be a hockey and not a salary dump trade. If the best trade available for Marner is what the Leafs got for Phil, I don’t think they should make the trade. But if it is something like what the Nords got for the Sundin trade, that’s something Dubas needs to consider.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad