Sergei Bobrovsky is now a HHOF lock

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
The amount of salt from teams Panthers dropped past two years

No salt towards Bob, he didn't beat the Bruins either year.

Montgomery cost them last year running an injured Ullmark out in games 5 and 6 and this year the Panthers D smothered the hell out of them

newsportsfan123

Dec 16, 2019
I think he’s more closer to the 10th best goalie in the last decade. Also lol at the guy using wins as a goalie stat. Martin Jones had 224 wins in that span and rocked a .904 save percentage.

• Haha
Reactions: ViD and Mad-Marcus

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Plus wins in the PO's is more important than being a regular season ride the wave guy.
I'm glad he straightened his career out. It wasn't looking good in FLA the first few years, but he got better as the team got better, it's not because of him solely.

PenguinSuitedUp

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2019
Tretiak, one of greatest goalies of all time is already there
I think you’re missing my point, which is that both Bob and Vasi should be in the hall, whether they’re both Russian or not.

Plus wins in the PO's is more important than being a regular season ride the wave guy.
I'm glad he straightened his career out. It wasn't looking good in FLA the first few years, but he got better as the team got better, it's not because of him solely.
Bobrovsky also spent 7 years in f***in g Columbus. Imagine what he could have accomplished with an average team, let alone true contender.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I think he’s more closer to the 10th best goalie in the last decade. Also lol at the guy using wins as a goalie stat. Martin Jones had 224 wins in that span and rocked a .904 save percentage.
lol at thinking Wins aren't like... the literal objective of playing.

Call me up when Martin Jones has 2 Vezinas and has gone to back to back SCF. Or when he converts 8th in Wins in a Decade to 1st in Wins in a Decade. Just a horrible comparison all around.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I'm not moving any goal posts ? lmao what are you going on about ?

OP made a claim he's 2nd best goalie of the past decade,
So why would you include players that barely even played in the decade in question? That makes zero sense. That's like saying Gordie Howe was a top player of the 1980s. It's completely illogical. You can keep deflecting all you want, it won't make your point better.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Here is a serious gauge for any HOF. The consensus. When it's not personal and you can be objective. someone names a names and you think that players one of the best ever.
I like watching Bob, he has a solid entertaining style and can steal games. He also has the burden of some very bad years and chokes.
For that reason alone, he isn't a HOF'er in my eyes. There are going to be writers that vote that view him the same way. Winning a Cup or 2 could change that, but it hasn't happened yet.
In my opinion,for what it's worth(not much amongst the natives), if FLA wins the cup, it's not going to be because of him. It will be because they break whoever they play into a 1000 little pieces.

PenguinSuitedUp

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2019
lol at thinking Wins aren't like... the literal objective of playing.

Call me up when Martin Jones has 2 Vezinas and has gone to back to back SCF. Or when he converts 8th in Wins in a Decade to 1st in Wins in a Decade. Just a horrible comparison all around.
Imagine Martin Jones playing 7 years in Columbus.

Here is a serious gauge for any HOF. The consensus. When it's not personal and you can be objective. someone names a names and you think that players one of the best ever.
I like watching Bob, he has a solid entertaining style and can steal games. He also has the burden of some very bad years and chokes.
For that reason alone, he isn't a HOF'er in my eyes. There are going to be writers that vote that view him the same way. Winning a Cup or 2 could change that, but it hasn't happened yet.
In my opinion,for what it's worth(not much amongst the natives), if FLA wins the cup, it's not going to be because of him. It will be because they break whoever they play into a 1000 little pieces.
2 Vezinas.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
So why would you include players that barely even played in the decade in question? That makes zero sense. That's like saying Gordie Howe was a top player of the 1980s. It's completely illogical. You can keep deflecting all you want, it won't make your point better.
Carey Price won a Vezina and made a SCF in the last decade
Rinne won a Vezina and made a SCF in the last decade
Lundqvist made the SCF in the last decade
Helle won a vezina in the last decade
Luongo was still playing at an elite level in the last decade

I didn't even mention Quick, who won a cup in the last decade

Bobrovsky was horrendous prior to last season, having 2 good seasons doesn't make him the 2nd best of the last decade. His first 4 years in Florida he was horrible and people argued it was the worst contract in the NHL, most agreed actually.

Again having 2 good seasons doesn't make him better than any of those guys I listed. They were all elite for an extended period of time within the last decade.

Reactions: Mad-Marcus

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
No salt, just reality. You Panther fans have a great team, it's disrespectful to what they've accomplished to believe he's the reason you've become so successful. His stats don't scream HOF.
You folks beat the crap out of everyone you play. Out shoot teams ~ 2:1.
It's way more than him.
Put him on a team where he is consistently out shot 2:1 and he would not be a top 5 goalie.
His career in both CBS and FLA(the start) say otherwise.
That being said he has a great chance to get his name on the Cup this year.

It doesnt matter what topic it is about the Panthers doing something good. Its always because the other teams underperformed, refs etc.
Not because Panthers just damn execute there gameplan

Gretzky and Mike Kelly outside of Florida are the only media to give them any credit

PenguinSuitedUp

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2019

Bobrovsky was horrendous prior to last season, having 2 good seasons doesn't make him the 2nd best of the last decade. His first 4 years in Florida he was horrible and people argued it was the worst contract in the NHL, most agreed actually.

Again having 2 good seasons doesn't make him better than any of those guys I listed. They were all elite for an extended period of time within the last decade.
None of what you’re saying matters. He didn’t have 2 GOOD seasons. He had 2 Vezina-worthy seasons. There’s not a single career starting goalie in the NHL with multiple Vezina trophies that hasn’t made it into the HHOF. The fact that this is even being debated is laughable.

Nope not enough, considering the PO performances those years
It is enough, when you consider every career starting goalie who has ever won multiple Vezina trophies has made the HHOF. That’s the end of the debate.

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
No salt towards Bob, he didn't beat the Bruins either year.

Montgomery cost them last year running an injured Ullmark out in games 5 and 6 and this year the Panthers D smothered the hell out of them

I should clarified the amount of salt against anything Panthers related

As for last years Boston series. I'm going to say that save Bob made against Ratboy in game 5 changed the course of this franschise

Reactions: Ratsreign

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Tuukka Rask, Vezina and 2 Finals

Reactions: AvroArrow

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Well the expression "Fanboy" exist for a reason. I guess we all we see. I'm rooting for him. He's just not there as of today.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
There’s not a single career starting goalie in the NHL with multiple Vezina trophies that hasn’t made it into the HHOF. The fact that this is even being debated is laughable.

It is enough, when you consider every career starting goalie who has ever won multiple Vezina trophies has made the HHOF.

Tim Thomas says hi. He even has a Smythe to go with his 2 Vezinas

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
PenguinSuitedUP, should we be talking to you about MAF. Now there's goalie that deserves the HOF.
the save on Lindstrom alone to save the Cup.

No cups in the Vezina year, C*ckbl*cked

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010

If you’re gonna just pluck a random season, you should do the same for Bobrovsky. Double standard much?

People being wrong about the contract being bad doesn’t give them any weight. People on here and in media are wrong all the time.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
None of what you’re saying matters. He didn’t have 2 GOOD seasons. He had 2 Vezina-worthy seasons. There’s not a single career starting goalie in the NHL with multiple Vezina trophies that hasn’t made it into the HHOF. The fact that this is even being debated is laughable.

It is enough, when you consider every career starting goalie who has ever won multiple Vezina trophies has made the HHOF. That’s the end of the debate.
If you cared to read my post, I didn't argue he isn't HHOF worthy

The guy I quoted, claimed Bobrovsky is the 2nd best goalie in the last 10 years, that's what I'm disputing

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
If you’re gonna just pluck a random season, you should do the same for Bobrovsky. Double standard much?

People being wrong about the contract being bad doesn’t give them any weight. People on here and in media are wrong all the time.
I'm not "plucking" a random season, those guys were elite for consecutive years, they never had 4 dog shit seasons in a row like Bob. His last 2 seasons don't magically erase the 4 garbage ones that came before that.

Claiming he's the 2nd best goalie in the last 10 years is laughable

In the last 10 years, these guys played and were better than Bob

Price
Vasi
Quick
Rinne
Lundqvist
Rask
Helle

Fleury
Luongo

The first 7 of those guys are not even debatable, I'd be willing to have a conversation potentially for Bob over Luongo or Fleury in the last 10 years, even then it's a maybe. But the first 7, it's not even close.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I'm not "plucking" a random season, those guys were elite for consecutive years, they never had 4 dog shit seasons in a row like Bob. His last 2 seasons don't magically erase the 4 garbage ones that came before that.

Claiming he's the 2nd best goalie in the last 10 years is laughable

In the last 10 years, these guys played and were better than Bob

Price
Vasi
Quick
Rinne
Lundqvist
Rask
Helle

Fleury
Luongo

The first 7 of those guys are not even debatable, I'd be willing to have a conversation potentially for Bob over Luongo or Fleury in the last 10 years, even then it's a maybe. But the first 7, it's not even close.
You weight DPE 2.0 too heavily. All those guys couldn’t make the transition to high scoring games and are out of the game. Except Bobrovsky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad