Rumor: Seravalli: Rangers been all over JT Miller

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
The actually trade value is, naturally, probably somewhere in the middle. It probably includes Kravstov. It probably includes a first or a Zac Jones + a 2nd or 3rd. Maybe not much more than that. I doubt the Rangers deal Schneider for JT Miller.

Horvat on the other hand...:)

Gr8CornHolio

Feb 20, 2020
The actually trade value is, naturally, probably somewhere in the middle. It probably includes Kravstov. It probably includes a first or a Zac Jones + a 2nd or 3rd. Maybe not much more than that. I doubt the Rangers deal Schneider for JT Miller.

Horvat on the other hand...:)

probably right I’d imagine the Rangers are willing to give up Krav, one of our d prospects, and one of our 2nds.

which is all excess for us. Any trade will be about what’s the best asset we can get for that. Anything more makes no sense for the state this team is in

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Honestly, I’d rather go for Hertl. He’ll cost less because he’s a UFA, and if he plays amazing, NYR will get creative and sign him if they want to bad enough.

the flat cap isn’t going to last much longer. Salaries haven’t really been affected at all, just terms on bottom 6 guys. High end UFA s/RFA a are still signing mega deals.
If the league insists on a flat cap to insulate a few of the poorer teams, soon they will have almost 0 player movement.
This league can’t go thru another lockout, and many teams are headed for cap crunches not just NYR

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
This is the kind of thing an agent leaks to counter-act character concerns. He's been in New York before and they leak the idea they want him back because he's actually beloved.

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
So a radio station in Vancouver is stating Rangers have a lot of interest…. Hmmmmm
I’m sure they checked in like every other team but I don’t see him filling that middle 9 role that has been rumored since Blais went down.

If they Rangers wanted a top 6 forward they could’ve just kept Buch in the first place. Canucks want Braden and that’s a no go for Rangers as he was top target in the organization when he got drafted and fits with what they want moving forward.

I don’t see either team fitting each other’s needs as Rangers want a young U23 Centre and Canucks want a U23 Tough, good skater RHD paired with Hughes. Neither team will part with what the other wants.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
This is the kind of thing an agent leaks to counter-act character concerns. He's been in New York before and they leak the idea they want him back because he's actually beloved.
The character concerns is badly overblown because the canucks Twitter is bat shit crazy

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Superlative Soup

Lights too bright
Apr 8, 2013
Saskatchewan
So a radio station in Vancouver is stating Rangers have a lot of interest…. Hmmmmm
I’m sure they checked in like every other team but I don’t see him filling that middle 9 role that has been rumored since Blais went down.

If they Rangers wanted a top 6 forward they could’ve just kept Buch in the first place. Canucks want Braden and that’s a no go for Rangers as he was top target in the organization when he got drafted and fits with what they want moving forward.

I don’t see either team fitting each other’s needs as Rangers want a young U23 Centre and Canucks want a U23 Tough, good skater RHD paired with Hughes. Neither team will part with what the other wants.

Right, Seravalli who leaked essentially the entire expansion draft has no sources in the league :laugh:

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Schneider+1st+Chytil for Miller@50% is completely fair.
if you want to keep Schneider then: Lundqvist+Chytil+Kravtsov+1st

these speculations can be fun but no way it actually happens like that
its pretty certain Schnieder is not being moved so soon
and Miller is just not bringing back 4 recent 1sts

anyway no matter what Seravelli, or anyone, hears or writes,
I really don't see Miller returning to Rangers

i believe an opportunity between Canucks and Rangers exacts, but less splashy,
more like Lundkvist<>Podkolzin, balancing rosters and pipelines
but i am sure this will enrage some fans of both teams

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
these speculations can be fun but no way it actually happens like that
its pretty certain Schnieder is not being moved so soon
and Miller is just not bringing back 4 recent 1sts

anyway no matter what Seravelli, or anyone, hears or writes,
I really don't see Miller returning to Rangers

i believe an opportunity between Canucks and Rangers exacts, but less splashy,
more like Lundkvist<>Podkolzin, balancing rosters and pipelines
but i am sure this will enrage some fans of both teams

Trading Podkolzin for Lundkvist doesn’t “balance” the Canucks roster.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Reluctantly I'd offer:

Chytil, Lundkvist and the Blues 2nd that can convert to a 1st if the Rangers make the Conference Finals.

As a neutral this seems pretty fair. Maybe make it a guaranteed late 1st but the Canucks throw in a mid-pick or mid-tier prospect.

If the Canucks trade Miller, it’s not going to net them a top 20 type prospect (league wide) back. Or a rapidly ascending blue chipper with momentum. That’s just the nature of trading a 30 year front line (but not superstar) player.

On the other hand - he’s not a rental either so the package has to offer multiple chances at real upside. Chytil is talented but slightly distressed at this point. You can blame it on coaching or whatever but his value isn’t what it was. He and a like 27th overall pick isn’t enough for a first line player who you get to keep at a good price for a year beyond this one.

I feel like this offer strikes a balance that feels pretty realistic even if neither side loves it.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Has any player ever been moved for 4 1st round picks/prospects? It seems every proposal has this thinking and for the life of me I can't think of any player ever traded in my lifetime that comes anywhere close to that.

In regards to retention.....its one more year and a little over 2 mill. Why is that all of a sudden worth so much? Get a 3rd team involved and its a 2nd maybe a 3rd round pick. Andrew Ladd was traded for 2 2nds and he is 5 mill+ for 2 years Oh and he is horrible.

I can't help but think of the Mark Stone trade. They got a good prospect at that time a 4th line player (no longer in the NHL) and a 2nd round pick. He was also then signed to a multi year deal so its not like he was a UFA. If a team trades a good prospect you are not getting 2 or 3 more 1st round pick quality players its delusional. Top tier prospects are so rarely traded anyways.

This thread is brutal.

Reactions: cwede

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
Right, Seravalli who leaked essentially the entire expansion draft has no sources in the league :laugh:
That’s impressive leaking expansion draft. He better hope Miller is on the Rangers by March or he becomes laughing stock of the league. It’s already been reported Rangers checked in on Miller awhile back……… He makes it sound like the trade is immenient

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Has any player ever been moved for 4 1st round picks/prospects? It seems every proposal has this thinking and for the life of me I can't think of any player ever traded in my lifetime that comes anywhere close to that.

In regards to retention.....its one more year and a little over 2 mill. Why is that all of a sudden worth so much? Get a 3rd team involved and its a 2nd maybe a 3rd round pick. Andrew Ladd was traded for 2 2nds and he is 5 mill+ for 2 years Oh and he is horrible.

I can't help but think of the Mark Stone trade. They got a good prospect at that time a 4th line player (no longer in the NHL) and a 2nd round pick. He was also then signed to a multi year deal so its not like he was a UFA. If a team trades a good prospect you are not getting 2 or 3 more 1st round pick quality players its delusional. Top tier prospects are so rarely traded anyways.

This thread is brutal.

Duchene trade of 2017 maybe came close. And that ended up being an absolute disaster for both Nashville and Ottawa in the end.

IIRC, it was:

1st round pick from OTT (which at the time was thought to be mid round and became 4th OA)
Shane Bowers from OTT (2017 1st round pick, 28OA) in the draft that just occurred.
Sam Girard (2016 2nd round pick, 47OA) - from NSH
Kamenov (2014 2nd round pick, 42OA) - from NSH
2nd round pick - from NSH
3rd round pick - from OTT

Ottawa was desperate after coming off a ECF appearance and wanting to keep Stone and Karlsson. If the Canucks can find a desperate GM, they might be able to extract a large return. Miller is better now than Duchene.

I don't see teams like Carolina and NYR , who are currently on 120+ and 110+ point paces for the season, being desperate like that.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I get the point you're trying to make, but in what universe are the Rangers not finding cap space for Kakko? Have you seen his stats...how much do you think he gets on a bridge deal at this point? $2.5? $2.75? Whatever he winds up with, they'd dump Nemeth, Reaves & even Lindgren to make room for Kakko's money if they made a big salary acquisition like JT Miller.

And Strome being a casualty of this move is not a detriment to many Ranger fans. That's an added benefit of upgrading the 2C position. The rest of those names are easily replaced.

pay attention
we need to lose Strome Geo Nemeth Hajek + recover Hank's 1.5 buyout cap just to have the 11+m to pay for Fox + Zib and nothing else.
PERIOD
your assessment is wrong for that reason
Lindy may likely go to cover Kakko + LaF +

Perfect, So give us Schneider + a 1st rounder and lets move on :laugh:
hell no

Schneider+1st+Chytil for Miller@50% is completely fair.

if you want to keep Schneider then:

Lundqvist+Chytil+Kravtsov+1st
again hell no

Trading Strome is cutting your nose off to spite your face.
no it isn't
reality is there is ZERO possibility we can keep him going forward due to cap
ZERO
LET THAT SINK IN....
ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO
hence getting something instead of nothing for him is smarter, plus we also have Chytil, Barron + until dealt, Krav to take those mins.
rangers need to trade excess vets for futures not adding to cap and get down to a min true core

Fair enough, then be expected to add quantity.
Lundqvist+Kravtsov+Chytil+1st/2nd for Miller retained.
again no

Schneider or bust.
Or multiple 1st rounders + Kravtsov/Chytil
bust says no

With such a young team in NYR I really don't understand making moves like this yet. Why not make the playoffs see what you've got and make these types of decisions next year or the one after? Until you're in the fight you don't really know what you're missing. Plus players like Kakko, Lafreniere, Miller, Chytil, Fox, Lindgren, Shesterkin, Schneider etc are all gonna get better. Make the move when these guys are really going.
1. We are already making the playoffs; it is only a ? of how far we can go and luck, timing, injuries, etc which cannot be controlled are a part of that. We cannot overspend and buy a cup.

2. Actions now have consequences very soon. NY best scenario is keep a young core with lots of elcs/cheap youth to offset high end salaries. Cannibalizing the youth is not smart, so no.

stop w the Strome hate maybe ? Lol
he’s don’t a good job overall ang Panarin loves him
Don't give a rat's ass about bread loves him, bread & co top $$$ are leaving us no choice but to deal him.
We need to move Strome NOW and not get nothing for him
We will actually be better off in short order when who is left gets more mins.

We don't need the retention. Stop offering it.
Wrong. We don't need it this year but we will next and JTM is multiyear. So stand down, if cost of retention is doable, take it.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
1. We are already making the playoffs; it is only a ? of how far we can go and luck, timing, injuries, etc which cannot be controlled are a part of that. We cannot overspend and buy a cup.

2. Actions now have consequences very soon. NY best scenario is keep a young core with lots of elcs/cheap youth to offset high end salaries. Cannibalizing the youth is not smart, so no.
I actually cant tell if this is a joke or not. I literally said to wait to make the deal after they see what they have. Are you ok?

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Yea, I don't get people. I am seeing this from a lot of NYR fans too. I mean, sure, I think Vancouver leaked it because it's true. They probably have big time interest, and Vancouver is using that interest to leverage them and others publicly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad