Rumor: Seravalli: Rangers been all over JT Miller

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
This feels like the Canucks talking more than the Rangers actually being "all over" JT Miller. It'd be a good move. Rangers have NHL ready prospects they can move that aren't in the long term plans like Kravtsov and Lundkvist. A bit of stoking the fire to get other teams to up their offer on their quality prospects.

Cornwallace

Jun 24, 2021
A lot of Rangers fans are pretending that they're making offers for the 17/18 version of Miller instead of the actual player he's actually developed into.

Miller @ 50% is likely one of the most attractive pieces available at the deadline this year.

Last edited:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Miller @ 50% for Schneider, Chytil + 2022 1st

Miller @ 50% represents almost the same cap hit as Chytil.

Schneider isn't going anywhere. You can take Chytil and Jones/Lundqvist/Kravtsov, 2nd. We don't need you taking 50%.

Which is likely too low for Canuck fans, but that's my offer.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I loved Miller when he was a Ranger. Many fans did not like him too much and were flipping out every time he made a mistake or turnover. What are Vancouver needs/weaknesses and what position they got more than enough of?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Rangers aren't trading for a 1c. They're trading for a 2C or a 1RW.

If Rangers want to make a splash and only give up 1 main piece it'll most likely be Kakko. I don't see a bright future here and he'll be another teams problem. If Rangers want to give up a package it'll be a 1st, a prospect and player. But it won't be Schneider. It'll be Jones, Lunkvist or Roberston. Maybe Chytil or Kravtsov. Othmann has summer plans with us so he won't be included. Maybe Cuylle but I don't it. He's been real impressive. We aren't asking for 50% off.

likash

Apr 17, 2019
Some Rangers fans still think they are dealing with Jim Benning. You are not getting a player of Miller's caliber at 5m/year without paying a steep price. Getting Miller would give you guys a very good chance of taking out Tampa and Florida in the playoffs.

Reactions: bh53

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Rangers aren't trading for a 1c. They're trading for a 2C or a 1RW.

If Rangers want to make a splash and only give up 1 main piece it'll most likely be Kakko. I don't see a bright future here and he'll be another teams problem. If Rangers want to give up a package it'll be a 1st, a prospect and player. But it won't be Schneider. It'll be Jones, Lunkvist or Roberston. Maybe Chytil or Kravtsov. Othmann has summer plans with us so he won't be included. Maybe Cuylle but I don't it. He's been real impressive. We aren't asking for 50% off.

We can trade you 1 Brock Boeser for a reduced price:nod:

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
The rangers and canucks make great trading partners, the rangers have the assets, it just comes down to negotiation
Agree. We have too many assets that will never play for the team, cause we don't have spots available. But Miller isn't coming here to be the top guy. He's either taking Stromes spot or he's playing on wing with Zibby and Kreider. He's going to get less minutes. And statically he's not the best even strength point per 60 player, so Rangers are going to most likely see a slight degree in production if they can't give Miller as many minutes. I can see other teams beating out what we offer.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
The rangers and canucks make great trading partners, the rangers have the assets, it just comes down to negotiation
Absolutely, But the value perception on here is way off from both sides.

Miller's Value is a 1st round draft pick, a high end young asset, and a Pick/depth player.
The guy is basically a PPG player, who plays 3 positions, a God in faceoffs, and on a good contract.
He is not a rental even.

3 1st rounders + Schneider is not realistic.
f***ing Lundkvist for Miller is not realistic. (Actually, it's not even remotely on the same earth)

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Rangers don’t have any of those, unfortunately. I could see Lundkvist going to Vancouver but would probably need more than one-plus season of JT Miller. Unless Vancouver retains. That could be a deal. JTM @50% plus a 3rd for Lundkvist?

Miller for a non top prospect.

And we retain half?

And we add a 3rd?

lmao?

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
mods need to close this its literally a pissing contest for who can make the worst offer from both sides with some reasonable offers sprinkled inbetween

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad