OT: Sens Lounge -The four seasons edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
That's a great gig! Congrats.

City is going to be fun this weekend.
I was working the lines showing kids how to shoot pucks at the four target accuracy challenge. one of the more fun gigs I had. Randomly ran into Tomas Kaberle and Nick Kypreos afterwards. Alas, i return to my regular job this week :(

Reactions: Micklebot

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I was working the lines showing kids how to shoot pucks at the four target accuracy challenge. one of the more fun gigs I had. Randomly ran into Tomas Kaberle and Nick Kypreos afterwards. Alas, i return to my regular job this week :(
I got comp’d some sweet tickets for Saturday. I was up in the Mastercard lounge. It was a lot of fun. A lot of celebrities and ex-players there but I never recognize most of them anyway. 😉

Good to hear you had fun there. I wish I had more time for the other events on Friday.

• Love
Reactions: bicboi64

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I got comp’d some sweet tickets for Saturday. I was up in the Mastercard lounge. It was a lot of fun. A lot of celebrities and ex-players there but I never recognize most of them anyway. 😉

Good to hear you had fun there. I wish I had more time for the other events on Friday.
Hope you had a blast!

I went to the Ottawa ASG and had a great time, but the amount of stuff happening this time around was awesome, too many things to attend in one day. Loads of free stuff too!

Got a few Leafs tote bags to use as a garbage bag in an emergency :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Hope you had a blast!

I went to the Ottawa ASG and had a great time, but the amount of stuff happening this time around was awesome, too many things to attend in one day. Loads of free stuff too!

Got a few Leafs tote bags to use as a garbage bag in an emergency :cool:

I wish I went to the Ottawa ASG! that would have been more enjoyable for sure.

Reactions: bicboi64

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Great camping toilet for the number 2s
1707234695163.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: maclean

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
@coladin Was that you in a black Vet on Vimy Bridge.. doing 120 and screeching up there.

@Micklebot tell me gain about traffic control???

The bastard flew down Strandherd, up vimy Bridge and onto Earl Armstrong.. Easily 120. A suburban street.. with Soccer Moms, Mini vans and kids... The bastard had a black Cadillac STC or STS or whatever the F they are, behind him...

What the F, are we doing?

This was after the STRANDHERD was closed don Monday due to an accident....

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I can't even afford to look at a $20k watch, let alone think of ever buying one. :laugh:
Me neither!

My son just bought me a retro Timex Ironman triathlon for my birthday.

I was pretty stoked.

Definitely can’t join this conversation but I like reading others being passionate about cool things :)

Reactions: maclean

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
@coladin Was that you in a black Vet on Vimy Bridge.. doing 120 and screeching up there.

@Micklebot tell me gain about traffic control???

The bastard flew down Strandherd, up vimy Bridge and onto Earl Armstrong.. Easily 120. A suburban street.. with Soccer Moms, Mini vans and kids... The bastard had a black Cadillac STC or STS or whatever the F they are, behind him...

What the F, are we doing?

This was after the STRANDHERD was closed don Monday due to an accident....
Vette is tucked away for the winter. And I also pick my spots

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
MIA list

Stylizer1
Taquilo Nytro (sorry about the spelling)
Sweatred

Anyone heard from these guys? Are they the same guy? Most disappeared in mid 2023. Although Sweatred disappeared earlier.

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
Vette is tucked away for the winter. And I also pick my spots
Your spot should be at the Calabogie track, or Shannonvile, or the drag strip at Luskville.

it should not be Earl Armstrong road.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
MIA list

Stylizer1
Taquilo Nytro (sorry about the spelling)
Sweatred

Anyone heard from these guys? Are they the same guy? Most disappeared in mid 2023. Although Sweatred disappeared earlier.
There are more than that missing.

Some are on extended breaks ....some changed their user names.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
oh god did they redesign reddit? why do companies do this it looks like twitter now :cry:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Your spot should be at the Calabogie track, or Shannonvile, or the drag strip at Luskville.

it should not be Earl Armstrong road.
I think you should mind your own business and :

1. Don't tell me how and where to drive

2. Don't assume I am a knucklehead on the streets

I don't speed in my neighborhood, our of respect for the oodles of kids everywhere . But you should see me on Limebank

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
I think you should mind your own business and :

1. Don't tell me how and where to drive

2. Don't assume I am a knucklehead on the streets

I don't speed in my neighborhood, our of respect for the oodles of kids everywhere . But you should see me on Limebank
how is that better? It is still a city street.

As for my business, getting killed is my business. As is seeing others getting killed.

I have had enough close calls, and been cut off enough to have my hide worn.. And this is on my bike. Where I have no protection... I cycle on Limebank, and have been blown off the road by cowboys..

And if city officials had a brain in their head, they would do something about it.

How to drive is what the city and the province tell you.. It is called the law.. Maybe it would be a good idea to follow it.

So you know of a single street, hwy, etc. in Canada that allows for speeds above 100 km/hr?

Maybe, just maybe, had politicians had a brain in their head, they would not fear voters and start cracking down. This city should be littered with photo radar, and speed traps, and police surveillance. And if that pea brain of theirs worked, they would not have a single city street with a speed limit above 60 km/hr. And would not allow any stretch of more than 1 Km without some light or stop sign to force speeds down. But then words like politicians and intelligence, should never be in the same sentence.

The tragedy of the situation is: we all talk and then do different. We put up signs on our lawns, slow down for our children. Then we race like maniacs. And under our breath, curse the constable that dares give us a ticket.

I am glad, we humans have taken a second step out of that cave.

And as a fine citizen of this world, please explain to me why anyone needs a sports car? when in this city and all other cities, speed limits are typically 80 km/hr and lower, and hwy speeds are 100 km/hr.. My Old Honda Civic, with 94 HP, served me well for 10 years.

Consider yourself lucky, idiot politicians are never ending. You will be able to speed foolishly wherever you want..

@AchtzehnBaby delete when you feel its right

• Haha
Reactions: coladin

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Speeding and aggressive driving really does seem worse to me than it was 20 years ago. Not sure whether the drivers have changed or maybe I have.

It's a sensitive topic for me as a I live on a residential street with speed limit of 30kmh. But because it can be a convenient shortcut between two much busier streets, we often get cars zipping down it at 60 or 70 - especially at end of day rush hour.

Was a real stressful thing for me when my kids were young that if they were outside we always had to worry about whether they were in a moment of distraction going to stray on to the street. (Or in the extreme case for somebody to lose control and drive off the road -- which has actually happened twice in the last two years -- both times on light snow days, but still shouldn't happen.)

Reactions: maclean and coladin

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
how is that better? It is still a city street.

As for my business, getting killed is my business. As is seeing others getting killed.

I have had enough close calls, and been cut off enough to have my hide worn.. And this is on my bike. Where I have no protection... I cycle on Limebank, and have been blown off the road by cowboys..

And if city officials had a brain in their head, they would do something about it.

How to drive is what the city and the province tell you.. It is called the law.. Maybe it would be a good idea to follow it.

So you know of a single street, hwy, etc. in Canada that allows for speeds above 100 km/hr?

Maybe, just maybe, had politicians had a brain in their head, they would not fear voters and start cracking down. This city should be littered with photo radar, and speed traps, and police surveillance. And if that pea brain of theirs worked, they would not have a single city street with a speed limit above 60 km/hr. And would not allow any stretch of more than 1 Km without some light or stop sign to force speeds down. But then words like politicians and intelligence, should never be in the same sentence.

The tragedy of the situation is: we all talk and then do different. We put up signs on our lawns, slow down for our children. Then we race like maniacs. And under our breath, curse the constable that dares give us a ticket.

I am glad, we humans have taken a second step out of that cave.

And as a fine citizen of this world, please explain to me why anyone needs a sports car? when in this city and all other cities, speed limits are typically 80 km/hr and lower, and hwy speeds are 100 km/hr.. My Old Honda Civic, with 94 HP, served me well for 10 years.

Consider yourself lucky, idiot politicians are never ending. You will be able to speed foolishly wherever you want..

@AchtzehnBaby delete when you feel its right
My soul requires a sports car. It feels incredible and satisfying. The sounds, the rush , the adrenaline. It gives satisfaction to a life of hard work, and you can enjoy the fruits of your labour.

Next time you are on LImebank let me know, and I will pin it in 2nd gear, and you may go deaf, but you also may get a stiffy.

While we are at it, why have fast food? It will kill you , you know. I think they should also ration portions of food, like, why eat more than you need? I think a bowl rice and beans will provide enough nutrients and keep all fine citizens satisfied.

I say we go back to prohibition too. Who needs alcohol? Not good for you either.

Anything else Beech?

You enjoy a police state, and to be controlled. I get that. But photo radar can have a positive purpose to society. I like red light cameras. I like speed enforcement in school zones. But the slippery slope is what libertarians and conservatives are always concerned about , and lo and behold, now they are putting up speed cameras that are not school zones. And they are not saving anyone. They only generate money to a city council that is enjoying this police state that is being created, and not saving anyone.

When was the last time there was any accident of consequence or fatality on Limebank, a perfect stretch of road , dumb to be utilized as a road and not part of a highway, but there it is. You put a camera there, who are you saving. No one. And I am glad someone spray painted the camera on Riverside

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Speeding and aggressive driving really does seem worse to me than it was 20 years ago. Not sure whether the drivers have changed or maybe I have.

It's a sensitive topic for me as a I live on a residential street with speed limit of 30kmh. But because it can be a convenient shortcut between two much busier streets, we often get cars zipping down it at 60 or 70 - especially at end of day rush hour.

Was a real stressful thing for me when my kids were young that if they were outside we always had to worry about whether they were in a moment of distraction going to stray on to the street. (Or in the extreme case for somebody to lose control and drive off the road -- which has actually happened twice in the last two years -- both times on light snow days, but still shouldn't happen.)
The Amazon delivery drivers are the worst. I had a conversation with one, as he sped down my residential street, and I reported him to his employer. They don't care...but you report them and then they will. They aren't from here and don't respect laws or our way of life in Canada

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Anything else Beech?

You enjoy a police state, and to be controlled. I get that. But photo radar can have a positive purpose to society. I like red light cameras. I like speed enforcement in school zones. But the slippery slope is what libertarians and conservatives are always concerned about , and lo and behold, now they are putting up speed cameras that are not school zones. And they are not saving anyone. They only generate money to a city council that is enjoying this police state that is being created, and not saving anyone.

When was the last time there was any accident of consequence or fatality on Limebank, a perfect stretch of road , dumb to be utilized as a road and not part of a highway, but there it is. You put a camera there, who are you saving. No one. And I am glad someone spray painted the camera on Riverside

New Radar Speed Camera now activated (about a week ago) along Hunt Club Road, between Albion Road and Conroy Road… close to the McDonalds/Tim Hortons/Gas Station…. Speed limit is now 60 Kms, dropped down from 80 Kms a few years back, but the majority of drivers drive very close to 80 Kms or more….. there used to by Police Radar Traps along that stretch for a numbers of years, after the speed limit was dropped 20 Kms a few years back….. this stretch of Hunt Club is very similar to the Stretch between Conroy road and Hawthorne road, where the speed limit is still 80 Kms…. The Camera is located just about where the car coming towards you ( in the picture ) is, and you can see the wall Barrier along that stretch of Hunt Club for as far as you can see….. the Speed Camera is there solely for the purpose of making money for the City

1707496456774.png

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
When was the last time there was any accident of consequence or fatality on Limebank
Not condoning unsafe driving, but this is pretty apt. Between 2017 and 2022 (last year the data is available,) there have been no fatalities and only two injuries on Limebank classified as "major" by the City of Ottawa, both of which involving single motor vehicles on clear, dry roads. Generally a telltale sign of speed being at the very least a factor.

(For completeness, there were also 20 "minor" injuries and 19 "minimal" ones.)

RE: speed cameras... I have no problem with them IF there's proper signage indicating where they are ahead of time. If they're intended as a deterrent for speeding, then let's deter the action BEFORE it happens, not play "gotcha" and catch people after the fact. The fines going back into road safety would also be very nice, but that level of transparency from the municipal government seems a little pie-in-the-sky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad