OT: Sens Lounge -The four seasons edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Every time I visit this thread, I am reminded how different of a class I am in compared to some of the others here.

I mean, I'm pretty used to it bc even irl friends are always talking about skiing and vacations and even ordinary cars and other things that have no relevance to my life, but it does tend to reach another level up in here lol

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
1706724232289.png

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
1706811039997.png

incredible to realize the part of the world we live in.

in any one year.. we will see 6 times more sun in the summer, and with greater intensity than in winter. Yet, we are closer to the sun in the winter than the summer, but the earth axis is slanted away.

it takes us almost 6 months (Oct to March) to get the same amount of sun energy that we get in June and July

if you are wondering, the cloud cover time has been about 10% higher this year than last (Oct through Jan.) we have average about .6 hour more of cloud cover a day (based on 8 hours max)...~ 6.5 versus 5.9

we had no clouds only 2 days in January
6 days had 7 to 8 hours
14 days were 4 or more hours

f***ing winter

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
a few years ago, Sportsnet showed the 1964 all Star game.

back then It was the defending Stanly Cup champ against the all stars from the remaining 5 teams.

It had everyone, Hull, Beliveau, Howe.

When Hull would step on the ice, you could tell he was faster, and way better skater than the others. Skates back then were not like today, they were leather and soft sides.. So you had to glide your feet on them and could not cut and turn like today. Hull had a role of tape on his skates to turn them into hard sided boots, and man he could glide.

It must have been unreal to see him 1959-1969.

Sadly his legacy will always be tarnished by his off ice actions.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Watched Predator with my 15 year old son about 1 month ago.

For cerebral people such as myself, it is the greatest film ever made. And Weathers was great in it.

Predator is a perfect action movie. The way it's switches genres. Blows all its budget in the first act with a pointless explosion filled 80s action scene then turns into a monster stalker flick . . . amazing.

Love that flick.

Reactions: Ralph Malfredsson

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Strays is way better than I thought it’d be.
Recommended if you’re into a bit of nasty crude humour.
Jamie Foxx does a great job. Thumbs up

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Last edited:

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
I know what this song is 'about' but it never made any sense to me. Bunch of gibberish. Doesn't make sense
then you need to look at Woody Guthrie's "Hoodoo voodoo".

There is a fantastic remake by Wilco and Billy Brag

You want gibbrish!!!! but damn fine to listen to.

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
hey, jets over Ottawa the last few days..

concern after bombing the Muslims.. in their own land..

No issues there, right? Unf***ing real

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad