OT: Sens Lounge LXXVI | The One Where the RedBlacks won and it was a good day.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Zelda, Crono Trigger, Final Fantasy 3(6), Mario Kart, Super C, MEtroid, NHL 94 . . . the list just goes on and on. THat was a great console.

Hell even the launch title was amazing.

I remember having arguments with friends over whether the Genesis or SNES was better... Me being the total Nintendo fanboy never wavered. I even felt that the EA NHL games played better on Nintendo than Sega despite the fact that they were Genesis ports.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I remember having arguments with friends over whether the Genesis or SNES was better... Me being the total Nintendo fanboy never wavered. I even felt that the EA NHL games played better on Nintendo than Sega despite the fact that they were Genesis ports.

I had both of those systems. Sega was far and away better for sports games across the board, IMO. The SNES was great for adventure type games like Zelda. I liked both types of games so I just used both systems.

PierresGabriels

Jan 13, 2010
Orleans
Unrelated note...

Jack White seriously looks like Erik Karlsson in pics from time to time

tumblr_l8g5tcgN4I1qdqmte

cover_1-20-11thirdman.jpg

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I think I'd put Super Metroid at number 1

The first game I can think of that had actual atmosphere: I guess I would have been 9 at the time and I remember getting pretty scared

Dat soundtrack too

Such a masterpiece. Still one of my top 5 of all time. Never before (or since) have I felt like I was in the middle of an 80's sci fi movie.

Even the "upbeat" tracks were haunting and atmospheric.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
Just spent $20 for an additional 10 gigs of cap space. I ****ing hate Canadian internet.

If we allowed competition in Canada we'd be paying 1/2 of what we pay now for internet that is 4-8 times faster and unlimited bandwidth.

**** Bell/Rogers.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
Bell Aliant... I was with Eastlink (which has the better internet, cable) but they wanted more than Bell Aliant which is DSL. It's still a faster internet than what I need it for though so I'm happy. Bell does offer Fiber Op though but I have no reason in paying extra for that.

It's nice that Bell offers Fibre Op these days, but it's a sham.

Nobody wants to develop the infrastructure in this country. The vast majority of people don't have access to FO because no one has bothered to invest in making it available to people who aren't located right within a major city.

I guarantee that if we allowed other companies to come in and compete, we'd see the infrastructure develop rapidly while seeing the costs go down tremendously.

I had Vianet during school this past year and I actually had a pretty good experience with them.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Just spent $20 for an additional 10 gigs of cap space. I ****ing hate Canadian internet.

At that point I'd tell your ISP your cancelling because you got an offer with an unlimited monthly download cap. See if they make you a better offer.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
At that point I'd tell your ISP your cancelling because you got an offer with an unlimited monthly download cap. See if they make you a better offer.

This isn't a bad idea. I've heard many stories of this working for other things when dealing with Rogers and/or Bell. The cost of them giving you unlimited bandwidth is minimal when compared to losing your business altogether.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Teksavvy. Geddit.

They just use Rogers infrastructure though.

Serious question, if a candidate on the Federal level ran on a platform to develop a national Fibre optic network would yoy support it given the cost? Personally, I think that would probably be an investment well made, plus we could run the cable monopolies right out of this country.

Here's an even crazier idea: fund it by legalizing and regulating cannabis.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Lets take all the money being wasted in the middle east and push into the internet infrastructure budget.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Not all the money going to the middle east is being wasted. Most of those people could use it a lot more, than we could use a little bit faster internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad