OT: Sens Lounge LXXVI | The One Where the RedBlacks won and it was a good day.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Solar activity has been strange lately, too. We're supposed to be in the middle of high activity on the sun, yet there haven't been any sunspots for a few days now.

Almost feels like a calm for the storm....a big one.

All that geomagnetic stuff and this year being the height of solar activity in it's decade cycle might have something to do with that first Malaysian airliner to disappear a few months back, and the wild storms so far this year (that apparently downed that new airliner this morning). Things are getting freaky.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
I get very uneasy when I hear about airplanes going down. My mother's job forces her to take roughly 500+ flights a year. They are primarily just within North America, but she also does travel internationally.

Hell, her company is having a board of directors meeting in Israel next week. No joke. Thankfully, she isn't going.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Isn't the Tel Aviv airport officially a no-fly zone now? Not sure if any flights can get in there.

For the US yes. Not so for us. The decision to cancel flights to Israel is up to the individual airliners according to the Transport Ministry. They don't see the fuss. 'No reason to hand terror a prize' I believe were the words used.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
I think the FAA this morning lifted the ban to Tel Aviv, so I think US airliners are going there again.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
For the US yes. Not so for us. The decision to cancel flights to Israel is up to the individual airliners according to the Transport Ministry. They don't see the fuss. 'No reason to hand terror a prize' I believe were the words used.

Let the prize fall in a million charred pieces over the Middle East instead, then. :facepalm:

Talk about asking for trouble. We've already seen one commercial plane last week go down in a war zone...do we really want to risk another? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
I think the FAA this morning lifted the ban to Tel Aviv, so I think US airliners are going there again.

Hey, you're right. Totally missed that this morning.

Let the prize fall in a million charred pieces over the Middle East instead, then. :facepalm:

Talk about asking for trouble. We've already seen one commercial plane last week go down in a war zone...do we really want to risk another? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I doubt Hamas has that kind of capability anyway. Western governments should have a better bead on whether there's any significant danger to commercial airlines.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Thanks... staggering to think that so much more money is spent on militarization. And even more staggering to think that even 30 billion is an unfathomably high number for most of us. I can't picture 30 billion anything.

Germs.

The average person has that many microbes in their mouth at any given time.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
True, and if you want to go even deeper I would propose that the currency-based society is a greater problem, and we should move to a resource-based society. I think removing humans' sense of entitlement would resolve a lot of issues. For example, I don't believe providing humans a source of currency income based on their work is wise; I think the exchange should not be money but it should be an allowance to get groceries from the grocery store, or to get gas from the gas station, or a house / place to live, etc. There are many problems with this - for example how do you fairly-provide a house to someone in Syracuse, NY when they could live in Monterey, CA and have a gorgeous house overlooking the pacific...obviously there would be some degree of dissatisfaction so it's not a perfect concept but imho it would be better than the current system of currency.
This is similar to how Earth is on Star Trek.
Benny, how often do you travel outside of Canada?
Never.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Solar activity has been strange lately, too. We're supposed to be in the middle of high activity on the sun, yet there haven't been any sunspots for a few days now.

Almost feels like a calm for the storm....a big one.

All that geomagnetic stuff and this year being the height of solar activity in it's decade cycle might have something to do with that first Malaysian airliner to disappear a few months back, and the wild storms so far this year (that apparently downed that new airliner this morning). Things are getting freaky.

That sounds a wee bit far-fetched to me

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Apparently, this is the fourth time this has happened in the last 17 days.

Yeah. The IDF keep telling civilians certain building or areas are safe and leveling them anyways. It's okay though, they managed to kill one or two Hamas members so the few hundred other lives are just acceptable collateral damage to our wonderful overlords.

The Fuhr*

Every day i wake up and expect to read some massive game changing event that happens somewhere in the Middle East... From the Ukraibe situation to Bagdad in Iraq, there is so much **** happening

Honestly on the brink of WW3... That entire area is ****ed

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Every day i wake up and expect to read some massive game changing event that happens somewhere in the Middle East... From the Ukraibe situation to Bagdad in Iraq, there is so much **** happening

Honestly on the brink of WW3... That entire area is ****ed

People have been saying this since the 50's.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I wonder how many people have joined Hamas since the current round of fighting started

And how many people actually involved in Hamas have died

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I wonder how many people have joined Hamas since the current round of fighting started

And how many people actually involved in Hamas have died

The estimates I've read are about 25% of the Palestinian deaths have been associates of Hamas, which is probably pretty generous. So 25% of about 700... think more than 175 people have signed up since? I can ****ing guarantee it.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Cost to end world hunger
30 billion a year

Cost to end world poverty
175 billion a year

USA military budget
495 billion a year

It's a tragedy that all that money will never be spent on anything but the military. If the Americans ever decided to do just that, it would change absolutely everything.

Bill Hicks said it quite well 25 years ago.

The Fuhr*

People have been saying this since the 50's.

That's a fraction of a second in the history of humans... WW2 is not even 80 years ago

Technology is only getting more advanced... How long till something incredibly dangerous gets into the wrong hands...

I'm 29... I think I'm going to see WW3 in my life time

I'm most worried about climate change... Temp rises and growing food ends... Famines lead to wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad