OT: Sens Lounge LXXVI | The One Where the RedBlacks won and it was a good day.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fuhr*

I got this Lemon Blast X pot from my medical marijuana guy... Might be the best pot I've ever smoked

I love Canada... Emergency surgery to fix my back, free gym at the health center for rehab and a prescription to smoke pot ... I've lost 70lbs at the gym since the surgery... Move around 35lb dumbells with ease at the gym... Hired as a cook on the spot and really dived into the job... Run a kitchen one day

Life is basically awesome right now.. Canada fixed me

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I just wanted to add one last bit about SNES and take it a step back to NES...I thought Blaster Master was an amazing game mostly for its creativity. I can't get the theme of Area 2 out of my head now.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I don't know if a true world was could happen without some kind of major event that brought China into the fold. The US could probably role over anyone else on the planet in a week if they used their full capabilities.

World War 3 is imo already happening and has been for awhile but it's not happening between 2 factions of armies, it's happening everywhere on the Internet and from the shadows. The fight for our minds and the information that we receive is the new frontier of conflict. Look at Russia and Putin's approval rating. Most are probably just too scared to oppose anything, but a shocking number of Russians are like minded in his "Russia for Russians" ideology and are completely engulfed in the propaganda.

Social media and other distractions have flooded our information streams and no one digest the right media needed for democracies to function anymore.

I couldn't believe the voter apathy in Ontario this year. I had so many friends tell me they didn't bother voting because they weren't informed on the candidates. They couldn't be bothered to spend an hour reading some platforms and 10 minutes to check off a box. It's sickening but it isn't happening by accident. You're not supposed to care and if you do care you've been conditioned to treat politics like sports, you have your home team and will support them without question.

This war is over capital and between a ruling class and the citizens it pretends to represent or provide services for. As religion dies off in the developed world as the prime tool of control for the ruling class, media and the Internet are taking its place. The Internet could be our salvation or it could lead to the apocalypse. That has yet to be decided, but we're currently losing this war as people like Obama and Harper do their best to kill our online freedoms and track us 24/7.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I don't know if a true world was could happen without some kind of major event that brought China into the fold. The US could probably role over anyone else on the planet in a week if they used their full capabilities.

US is severely cutting it's military force (not necessarily DoD budget) as it's not going to participate in long wars going forward.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/24/us-usa-defense-budget-idUSBREA1N1IO20140224

That being said, hopefully they do not run over countries using weapons that would make it a quick war...

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
According to this wikipedia article their military expenditures account for 36.6% of the entire world's.

2nd is China at 10.8%
3rd is Russia at 5.0%

only 9 countries are at 2.0% or greater

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures

Perhaps it's better them than the alternative.

I think I'd prefer it to me MY big brother that's the toughest SOB on the block. I may quietly criticize some of his choices, but we're brothers in then end, through and through.

Hate 'em or love 'em, they're ours and they are incredibly loyal, and so are we.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
This stat is 10 years old now, but I remember reading that 1% of the combined global money spent on military weapons would be enough to provide education for that year for every child on the planet. It really all comes down to priorities.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I got this Lemon Blast X pot from my medical marijuana guy... Might be the best pot I've ever smoked

I love Canada... Emergency surgery to fix my back, free gym at the health center for rehab and a prescription to smoke pot ... I've lost 70lbs at the gym since the surgery... Move around 35lb dumbells with ease at the gym... Hired as a cook on the spot and really dived into the job... Run a kitchen one day

70 lbs! Wow. Good job Fuhr, good for you man.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Cost to end world hunger
30 billion a year

Cost to end world poverty
175 billion a year

USA military budget
495 billion a year

Unbelievably sad, isn't it. I also studied that the same money that would help end world hunger is less than how much North America spends on PET FOOD. Another ridiculous one is PERFUMES.

****ing disgusting, man. I've been places, I've seen things. No one should deserve to be suffering starvation because of interest charges their government has on them over a hundred years ago.

We live in a better world my ****ing ass.

It's natural to want to help your fellow man.
Is the concern only extended as far as the human species or the overall health of our home? There are individuals of every species that are suffering/struggling. It can be easily argued that humans do more damage to the planet than any other species.

Where do priorities start?

It's not easily argued. It's 100% definitive.

Isreal missiles hits a UN shelter. Sounds like the the death toll is somewhere between 15-30 with 100+ injured.

It's ok though, that UN shelter was probably harboring Hamas rockets, amirite, amirite?

Lemon blast eh.

Hit me up one day, we'll have a Murray argument over lemon blast.

The Fuhr*

70 lbs! Wow. Good job Fuhr, good for you man.

Thx... I was 335 and now I'm 265... Going to be 230-240 by the end of the year... Unless of course my gf kills me because I have driven her insane with how much weight I've lost

Ego boost every time I look in the mirror

The Fuhr*

I look so damn good now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 28

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Congratz Fuhr. I've also been working on my health and seeing success and hope you keep your weight in control before it delivers irreversible effects.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Thx... I was 335 and now I'm 265... Going to be 230-240 by the end of the year... Unless of course my gf kills me because I have driven her insane with how much weight I've lost

Ego boost every time I look in the mirror

Internet high five from a beach bar Thailand, dude.

Well done. I need to get my ass in gear and loe the weight I've put on over the past year.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
21. But I regularly meet people about my age or younger who have done more/are more successful in career, school, social life etc. It is pretty depressing

Basically you just need to learn to stop comparing against other people and just set goals and go after them.

If I compare myself against my peers...yeah it feels like I've done nothing... then I look at what I've wanted in life to actually achieve, and you know what - I've knocked a bunch of stuff off that list.

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
21. But I regularly meet people about my age or younger who have done more/are more successful in career, school, social life etc. It is pretty depressing

You just got to learn to accept what you've accomplished in life and stop comparing yourself to others. I'm 28 and there are 19 year old's coming straight out of high school driving 2015 trucks owning their own businesses while I'm working my ass off driving an older vehicle and trying to save nickles and dimes to get ahead.

Everyone has a different path in life, sometimes others get it served on a silver platter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad