OT: Sens Lounge LXXVI | The One Where the RedBlacks won and it was a good day.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Female Adam Sandler.

Post-"The Waterboy" Sandler. Yuck.

I wouldn't even give her the credit and compare her to Adam Sandler. At least he has the SNL years, Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison.

She's more like the female Kevin James, who is just a cheap knockoff of Chris Farley himself. She's a knock off of a knock off, just more crude.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
Sandler did Punch Drunk Love post-Waterboy.

Very true. Sandler proved that he is perfectly capable of being a competent actor. It's unfortunate that he'd rather manipulate the American film industry that allows him to make millions upon millions for making filth.

Reign Over Me was another good Sandler performance.

But he is dead to me. Grown Ups, Jack and Jill, and all the other bull**** that he's spit out in the last 5 years is the worst tripe ever made.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Very true. Sandler proved that he is perfectly capable of being a competent actor. It's unfortunate that he'd rather manipulate the American film industry that allows him to make millions upon millions for making filth.

But he is dead to me. Grown Ups, Jack and Jill, and all the other bull**** that he's spit out in the last 5 years is the worst tripe ever made.

Supposedly Blended is alright.
Grown Ups I think was okay (though admittedly I watched it on a cross Atlantic flight, meaning I was also taking full advantage of the beverage cart as well), Grown Ups 2 I watched this weekend just to spite some friends - and well... yeah that was mostly terrible. I think it was better than Amazing Spiderman 2 though!

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

It's true they are unsalvageable crap. At least Nicolas Cage would make such things watchable.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Really? 14% on Rotten Tomatoes :P
The trailers for that film make me cringe. As does all of Sandler's recent work

This is coming from my dad though, comparing it to We're the Millers...which I actually thought was the most genuinely funny movie I can recall seeing in a long time.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
Supposedly Blended is alright.
Grown Ups I think was okay (though admittedly I watched it on a cross Atlantic flight, meaning I was also taking full advantage of the beverage cart as well), Grown Ups 2 I watched this weekend just to spite some friends - and well... yeah that was mostly terrible. I think it was better than Amazing Spiderman 2 though!

Blended makes me happy because it is the first film that Sandler has made in a while that did not do very well at the box office. The film seems far more reserved and actually tries to have a story/narrative which looks to be the reason for it not doing so well (further proving just how ridiculous average movie-goers can be, IMO).

It still looks awful to me, though.

Don't you ****ing dare diss Kevin James in my presence.

King of Queens' Kevin James = Fantastic.

Everything since Kevin James = Please go away.

Really? 14% on Rotten Tomatoes :P
The trailers for that film make me cringe. As does all of Sandler's recent work

It's true they are unsalvageable crap. At least Nicolas Cage would make such things watchable.

I have tormented myself alongside some friends seeing each of Sandler's last attempts at film. I find it similar to watching terrible B horror films in that it's utterly awful yet hilarious at the same time because of how incompetent it is.

Unfortunately, they're closer to just being trainwrecks. No laughter. Just shock and awe at how we see other people genuinely laughing at dick and fart jokes.

Watch this if you're interested in watching how Adam Sandler is actually an evil genius who is well aware of the fact that his films are awful. Hilarious commentary.

Jack and Jill - Red Letter Media

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Watch this if you're interested in watching how Adam Sandler is actually an evil genius who is well aware of the fact that his films are awful. Hilarious commentary.

Jack and Jill - Red Letter Media

Ah yes. Love that guy's analysis of the Star Wars prequels. Expertly skewered, if anyone has three hours to spare. Really is worth it.

As for Jack and Jill, I truly wonder what kind of favour was done for Pacino so that he would star in it. Must have been something insane.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
Ah yes. Love that guy's analysis of the Star Wars prequels. Expertly skewered, if anyone has three hours to spare. Really is worth it.

As for Jack and Jill, I truly wonder what kind of favour was done for Pacino so that he would star in it. Must have been something insane.

Red Letter's Star Wars eviscerations are indeed masterful. Hilarious stuff.

Very pleased to hear that people are aware of Plinkett and RLM. Love those guys so much.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
My distaste for Nintendo systems stems from unoriginal games/narratives.

I got tired of Mario and Friends about a decade ago.

I can absolutely see why some would prefer the console though.

you've never played through metroid have you

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Amen on Sandler. He peaked early then used that success to get constant blank cheques to be terrible. Only decent movie he's done in a long while, IMO (without having seen Blended) is Click.

Kevin James? Pass. It's like he tries to be the center of attention but doesn't like being the center of attention. So unfunny.

Nic Cage just seems to do every single movie his agent presents him with. He's had some good roles, but when you do that many movies you're bound to hit something good every now and then. Bad actor.

Mr. I nailed it: "I find it similar to watching terrible B horror films in that it's utterly awful yet hilarious at the same time because of how incompetent it is."

...and on that note, anyone heard about Tommy Wiseau's new TV series? It looks so objectively awful and I can't wait. And then Sharknado 2 is premièring at ComicCon... and Asylum Films is coming out with Sharktopus vs. Terracuda, featuring Conan O'Brien and produced by the genius who did The Little Shop of Horrors (1960)...

It's a good time to be a B-movie fan. But a comedy fan... ehh, not so much. Not many really funny Hollywood movies coming out lately.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Space has been showing a commercial for Sharknado 2 for their July Wednesdays "shark night". Not sure if it has played yet or not (Sharktopus is tonight yay!).

I'm surprised that Wiseau guy hasn't gotten more roles. He has a really good face for a heavy (not on the same facial level as Danny Trejo, Javier Bardem or Mickey Rourke, but pretty close). His acting isn't all that great, but most heavys don't exactly have a lot of dialogue.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Space has been showing a commercial for Sharknado 2 for their July Wednesdays "shark night". Not sure if it has played yet or not (Sharktopus is tonight yay!).

I'm surprised that Wiseau guy hasn't gotten more roles. He has a really good face for a heavy (not on the same facial level as Danny Trejo, Javier Bardem or Mickey Rourke, but pretty close). His acting isn't all that great, but most heavys don't exactly have a lot of dialogue.

Have you read The Disaster Artist by his The Room co-star, Greg Sestero? One glance at that will tell you exactly why he hasn't starred elsewhere. He's apparently a massive control freak. It's his way or he won't do it, and that's just the way it is.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Have you read The Disaster Artist by his The Room co-star, Greg Sestero? One glance at that will tell you exactly why he hasn't starred elsewhere. He's apparently a massive control freak. It's his way or he won't do it, and that's just the way it is.

No, I haven't read it. Glanced a bit online at some reviews...and seen bits and pieces of the movie on youtube.

It's too bad....the guy has an...interesting...past. Not sure what's real and what isn't about his background. A snake oil salesman for sure.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
No, I haven't read it. Glanced a bit online at some reviews...and seen bits and pieces of the movie on youtube.

It's too bad....the guy has an...interesting...past. Not sure what's real and what isn't about his background. A snake oil salesman for sure.

No doubt. Frankly, I'm more surprised at how easily he's been able to keep his past so shrouded. In today's era of technology and information being accessible at the click of a mouse, it's nearly unfathomable that we don't even know where this freaking guy was born.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad