OT: Sens Lounge LXXVI | The One Where the RedBlacks won and it was a good day.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Can't believe the safety officers at carleton didn't notice the dirt bike blasting through the tunnels. Real nice to know we're paying a premium for "special constables" who don't seem to actually do anything.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Can't believe the safety officers at carleton didn't notice the dirt bike blasting through the tunnels. Real nice to know we're paying a premium for "special constables" who don't seem to actually do anything.

Man, I always walked the tunnels like a chump. If I go back there for Grad school, I'm getting me a dirt bike, that looked way faster.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014

Reading some of the comments on that video hurt my head.

We live among some real ****ing idiots. It's frightening.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
What's up with so many people getting shot in the legs recently? Another today, one last week and a few more a little while ago. Gang activity?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/man-shot-in-leg-on-ritchie-street-1.2713644

Not only that, but the last 4-5 months it feels like there's been a new sexual assault nearly every week. City is going insane.

There's a guy who has worked the last 60 years or so on an improved system for our planet so that everyone can live comfortably in harmony with the rest of life on earth and maintain environmental sustainability.
It's meant as an example of a direction that can be taken to avoid further destruction.

Has everyone already heard of Jacque Fresco and the Venus Project?
Curious if anyone's heard of better ideas for a complete working system.

Now that sounds very interesting. Something like one of those eco-dome projects perhaps?

I've always figured the biggest weak link has been technology. If a pandemic occurs, what are the odds the people who survive will have the knowledge to know how to operate, repair, and maintain future & current technology? Can anyone here turn off a nuclear reactor? Maintain the city water systems (or even know if they're working properly?) Maintain a hydro dam? Or the power grid? Or go beyond first aid and know triage?

If something catastrophic happens, the most valuable asset to have won't be weapons, or an underground bunker stocked with food...it will be knowledge. All the doomsday prepping in the world won't help a person when the hydro dam 50 km upstream bursts (cause there's no one to maintain it) and all your supplies end up underwater. Farming, hunting, knowledge of useful wild flora, blacksmithing, mining, carpentry, basic engineering, healthcare, plumbing, wilderness survival, etc....those skills will be the ones in demand.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I just picked up a 2015 impala for a few days. Why do car rental agencies (Avis) give you two sets of keys but they're attached via a ring that does not allow you to disconnect one set of keys short of cutting the keychain?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
There's a guy who has worked the last 60 years or so on an improved system for our planet so that everyone can live comfortably in harmony with the rest of life on earth and maintain environmental sustainability.
It's meant as an example of a direction that can be taken to avoid further destruction.

Has everyone already heard of Jacque Fresco and the Venus Project?
Curious if anyone's heard of better ideas for a complete working system.

I've heard about that. I've also studied the Mars Project where they're gonna send around 20 people to Mars in 2020(they can never come back due to strength of gravity which our rockets can't escape). They're gonna plant trees there and look for life.

Everything scientists have every studied and believed in leads to the discoveries that will or won't be found on mars. Scientists are almost 100% confident we will find some life in the deep inner tunnels under the surface. If they don't, there will be a huge epidemic among scientists, imo.

Guyss, I'm on a movie watching rampage.

What's that movie where, there is this amercian (assuming) soldier and an arab (assuming) soldier, standing face to face in what it seems to be the mid-east, flat land not very much. The arab soldier said something about crossing a line or something and you're dead? It wasn't just any arab soldier, he seemed to be very well equipped if that helps the description.

I don't remember it exactly and the name of the movie, I've seen quite a few ads of it but not anymore. Been searching endlessly but can't find it. HALP.

Oh ya, and I'm finally in the reserves! YES! Did great on the test, now just medical and interview (about my results)

Wild shot but Lawrence of Arabia? Is it recent?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Official score in Indonesia favors Joko Widodo by 53.15 per cent of the vote. Huzzah for democracy.

Yes, but more important: Prabowo "withdrew his candidacy" hours before the result was to be released over allegations that the election was corrupt.

it will be interesting to see where this goes - sounds like Prabowo is practicing a sort of political "scorched earth" policy. If he can't have the prresidency, he'll try his damndest to discredit the position entirely. It's the political equivalent to pissing in the punch after getting kicked out of the party.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Yes, but more important: Prabowo "withdrew his candidacy" hours before the result was to be released over allegations that the election was corrupt.

it will be interesting to see where this goes - sounds like Prabowo is practicing a sort of political "scorched earth" policy. If he can't have the prresidency, he'll try his damndest to discredit the position entirely. It's the political equivalent to pissing in the punch after getting kicked out of the party.

Dick move, but hardly surprising after his staunch refusal to admit defeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad