OT: Sens Lounge LXXVI | The One Where the RedBlacks won and it was a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
I think i've watched everything good on Netflix. Nothing new left to watch.

Depending on your position on the morality of subverting their Geolocating, there's always the american library to explore.

Im taking a Star Trek break so I can rewatch them in a few years.

Does anyone know if theres gonna be a new season of Arrested Development and when?

If you use Google Chrome, you can get the HOLA extension which allows you to access Netflix as if you were in the US or Great Britian or wherever. GB has a great library of shows.

And I am pretty sure Arrested Development is done now. There was talk of a movie but I don't think it will happen.

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
If you use Google Chrome, you can get the HOLA extension which allows you to access Netflix as if you were in the US or Great Britian or wherever. GB has a great library of shows.

And I am pretty sure Arrested Development is done now. There was talk of a movie but I don't think it will happen.

If you use Firefox, you can get the MediaHint extension that gives ya access to the US library.

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
US library is by far the worst in comparison to the Canadian and British library, IMO.

If you want to delve into deeper internet waters, you can stream shows via projectfreetv, but be careful.

Are you crazy? The US Netflix is 10x's better than the Canadian version. Haven't checked out the British version tho.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Im taking a Star Trek break so I can rewatch them in a few years.

Does anyone know if theres gonna be a new season of Arrested Development and when?

If you like Star Trek and BBC shows, get into Doctor Who. The first 4 episodes of the new series are kinda slow but it gets really good by the time David Tennant is the Doctor. God, love that show.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
Are you crazy? The US Netflix is 10x's better than the Canadian version. Haven't checked out the British version tho.

I guess it all comes down to opinion, but it is weird how different the versions are. All the shows I watch are on the Canadian version, the US has a lot of kids content which is good for my kids. British version has a lot of Disney. I've never explored outside of those three though.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Does anyone else feel that the Israel-Palestine conflict is not getting enough attention in the media?

It is a major world event, but is a second thought in the media.

**** the day after Israel invaded Palestine it was not even in the top news section of the Calgary Herald.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Does anyone else feel that the Israel-Palestine conflict is not getting enough attention in the media?

It is a major world event, but is a second thought in the media.

**** the day after Israel invaded Palestine it was not even in the top news section of the Calgary Herald.

I'm not surprised that this isn't a big news story in Alberta. It's certainly right up there with MH17 though in Ottawa and the websites I follow.

I don't really blame people for not giving it a lot of attention though. To most it's just more people blowing each other up in the middle east.

Harper and his cronies are blowing lots of smoke on the subject though so more people are interested over here in the capital.

It's pretty amazing that nations like Israel can commit these war crimes and just have it swept under the rug of the developed world.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I'm not surprised that this isn't a big news story in Alberta. It's certainly right up there with MH17 though in Ottawa and the websites I follow.

I don't really blame people for not giving it a lot of attention though. To most it's just more people blowing each other up in the middle east.

Harper and his cronies are blowing lots of smoke on the subject though so more people are interested over here in the capital.

It's pretty amazing that nations like Israel can commit these war crimes and just have it swept under the rug of the developed world.

Having a powerful ally makes all the difference.

I wonder what the situation would be like if there were no vetos at the UN (for one thing Palestine would be a member, and I know the US has vetoed some other anti Palestine stuff in the past)

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Having a powerful ally makes all the difference.

I wonder what the situation would be like if there were no vetos at the UN (for one thing Palestine would be a member, and I know the US has vetoed some other anti Palestine stuff in the past)

Or better yet, if the UN wasn't a giant joke of hypocrisy and corruption in general.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes

Isreal accepted a cease fire but Hamas kept attacking. They are defending themselves from terrorists.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
How is occupying another country defending themselves

Hamas is bad too, but the Israeli government's policies regarding Palestine are only helping Hamas stay popular

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
How is occupying another country defending themselves

Hamas is bad too, but the Israeli government's policies regarding Palestine are only helping Hamas stay popular

They are just taking out Hamas. That cant occupy what they already own.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
The UN is extremely useful for a variety of reasons, even though it does greatly suffer from corruption and wasteful spending. Unfortunately, when it comes to issues concerning inter and intra state conflict, they really can't do much more than serve as observers. However, in maintaining channels of communication and serving as a ground for discussion, albeit largely for rhetoric and grandstanding, there is still a purpose for the UN in terms of global conflict.

In the end, warfare is rarely if ever condemned or legally obliged into ending. Any sort of power the UN does hold in those regards is only so due to the hard power of the states which are members of it.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Stay cool. It's a jungle out there.

I thought Indonesian sun would prepare me for this... local weather forecast says it "feels like" 45 degrees C.

It's awesome, though. It's Low Season in Ko Lanta, we went to the beach this morning, we were the only ones swiming for about a Km on either side of us.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Isreal accepted a cease fire but Hamas kept attacking. They are defending themselves from terrorists.

What's your definition of terrorists?

0 Israeli casualities. Israel has something called the "dome" or whatever where literally every missile by the guys who are firing it gets negated. Zero have penetrated and can't even reach the areas with people living in them.

On the other hand, there's 300 Palestinian casualties. 80% citizens. Many famous and non-famous Jews and even ex-Israeli militant officers have come out in waves against what Israel is doing recently and in the past. Like someone else has mentioned, it just doesn't get Media time.

Here's Noam Chomsky's(famous Jewish American Linguist) on Gaza's situation:

http://truth-out.org/opinion/item/1...it-to-gaza-the-worlds-largest-open-air-prison

Here's a quote by former Israeli Prime Minister in 1998 that really puts things out there on how disgusting the situation is for those people:

"If I were a Palestinian of the right age, I would join, at some point, one of the terrorist groups."

I actually became familiar with all this info cause of my jewish friends who attend protests and are very vocal against the occupation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad