GDT: SENS @ Habs, Wednesday night 7:00 pm on TSN5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
The thing about Brannstrom, JBD, Hamonic, Kleven is that none of them are anything special defensively right now.

But only Brannstrom tries to make plays. The others play scared shitless.
And only 1 makes 2M.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
You need to keep Kubalik for depth scoring. He has a defined role.

You have to fast forward and assume that the Senators make the playoffs. Which players could contribute in a specialized role, and which will not? I think it's pretty clear that Joseph and Kubalik could be key on a 3rd or 4th line, while Brannstrom is the likeliest candidate to be scratched.

If by January, Kleven isn't ready to step in, you could get a depth D via trade. Luke Schenn cost a 3rd rounder last year.
I agree, Brannstrom is the guy I trade.

Reactions: Crosside and GCK

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
Without Brannstrom, Travis Hamonic is the next guy up for top 4 minutes in case of injury.

That can't happen.

Or you could use the 1st/2nd that you didn't give up to dump Joseph to go out and acquire a D mid-season, if anyone gets injured for a significant amount of time.

Or, by January, maybe Kleven or Matinpalo are ready to contribute.

Another option would be trading Brannstrom for futures or a late round pick (say to San Jose), and then using that 2nd or 3rd to get a guy like Chatfield or Caleb Jones from Carolina. They're their #7 and #8 guys, both make under 800k.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I just rewound to see the shift(s) where Brannstrom was good. Couldn’t find it, unless you feel Brannstrom making average plays is special. Please clip what you saw since I’ve only got TSN5 feed.

I just watched it again. The first 2 mins of the 2nd (because of MacEwen's icing). Then next shift, his work on the PP which permitted the Sens to score.

If you can't see all the good things he does in a single shift, then maybe you don't have the acumen to properly evaluate players. It's not only about the highlight plays, coaches love players who do all the little details, not the Mike Hoffmans.

Anyway, don't really care, time will certify this as Brannstrom reputation will continue to rise around the league, even more when he'll play elsewhere

Edit : Annnnnnd Brannstrom most likely saved a Caufield goal with a perfect block with 13 mins left

Watching this does anyone seriously think it's worth it to lose a 2nd+ or a good prospect to dump Joseph when we could just trade Kubalik or Brannstrom and likely get something in return?

My narrative all summer (was more on another forum)

Reactions: Agent Zuuuub

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad