GDT: SENS @ Habs, Wednesday night 7:00 pm on TSN5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Ya Mick is correct. I was referring to the standalone TSN GO and Sportsnet Now streaming services, not the channel packages through a cable or iptv provider.

TSN Go is $20/month and Sportsnet Now is $20/month ($30/month with the out of region hockey games included).

Pretty much all of the TV Providers give you a subscription to TSN GO and Sportsnet Now though if you get those channels with your Cable TV package, so that can be a better deal for some. My Cable TV package at $48 is too good to not keep it. The out of region hockey doesn't apply though, so I have to choose buying Center Ice with my Cable TV for $210/year or paying $30/month for the higher tier Sportsnet Now even though I get the base one already. Tough call.
I went and double checked. I used to have this huge cable package that cost me 125ish a month. Couple years ago I cut that, switched providers and as part of that I got their "standard" tv package for free. The free part ran out and I now pay 14.95 a month for the standard package. It gives you American network tv plus your 3 Canadian channels and not much else. But that package lets me watch NFL and golf. With that I can add the full TSN suite and the Sportsnet suite for 10 bucks each.

I've been streaming hockey for free the past few years. The only thing I've really missed is baseball. But with the Jays about to make the playoffs I started looking at what it'd cost to get Sportsnet. I could probably just get Sportsnet, watch baseball playoffs and quit once they're done and only spend 20 bucks.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Absolutely. It was a problem last year as well. You must have forgot how much I pumped Brannstrom’s tires last year. Unfortunately now he is a bottom pairing guy making 2M on a team that needs to shed salary. Great kid, I actually think he’s one of the more engaging players I met at the golf tournament, but the harsh reality is we can use his 2M to sign Pinto and it has almost zero effect on our cilurrent roster.

Tell me when he could safely clear on his backhand. The video clip is pretty clear that he was being harassed from behind.
I disagree with the "zero effect on our current roster"

4*82=328. Between Chabot, Chychrun, Zub and Sanderson how many of the 328 games do you think they miss? 50? That's 50 games where one of Hamonic, JBD, Kleven etc is playing top 4.

What about situations where two of those guys are out at the same time? Now we need two of the collection playing top 4.

It's not hard to suck up a few injuries up front. It's different on D. If you remove Brannstrom we don't really have anyone else that can comfortably slide into the top 4 for an extended stretch.

Reactions: DrEasy

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I disagree with the "zero effect on our current roster"

4*82=328. Between Chabot, Chychrun, Zub and Sanderson how many of the 328 games do you think they miss? 50? That's 50 games where one of Hamonic, JBD, Kleven etc is playing top 4.

What about situations where two of those guys are out at the same time? Now we need two of the collection playing top 4.

It's not hard to suck up a few injuries up front. It's different on D. If you remove Brannstrom we don't really have anyone else that can comfortably slide into the top 4 for an extended stretch.
I just disagree that a combination of Klevin, JBD and Hamonic can’t fill in. Furthermore I can see a point by mid-season where Brannstrom is passed by Klevin in the top 6.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Absolutely. It was a problem last year as well. You must have forgot how much I pumped Brannstrom’s tires last year. Unfortunately now he is a bottom pairing guy making 2M on a team that needs to shed salary. Great kid, I actually think he’s one of the more engaging players I met at the golf tournament, but the harsh reality is we can use his 2M to sign Pinto and it has almost zero effect on our cilurrent roster.

Tell me when he could safely clear on his backhand. The video clip is pretty clear that he was being harassed from behind.
He had opportunity to do it but did not.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Meh, I'd rather left-handed Chychrun.
? OK, that's fine.

Those 2 aren't mutually exclusive though and we would have had Miller on the team for a few years now, so who knows how things would have played out.

Maybe Chabot, with a proper partner, would have blossomed even more. It's great we have Chychrun but we do still miss having another right shot.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
? OK, that's fine.

Those 2 aren't mutually exclusive though and we would have had Miller on the team for a few years now, so who knows how things would have played out.

Maybe Chabot, with a proper partner, would have blossomed even more. It's great we have Chychrun but we do still miss having another right shot.
Yeah, but we'd likely never have been in a position to get Chychrun, so I don't mind the way things turned out, nor do I mind having three lefties and a righty in the top 4. There are a lot of could haves in this, but one thing we do have is Chychrun and I'm becoming increasingly happy we do.

Reactions: OD99

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I went and double checked. I used to have this huge cable package that cost me 125ish a month. Couple years ago I cut that, switched providers and as part of that I got their "standard" tv package for free. The free part ran out and I now pay 14.95 a month for the standard package. It gives you American network tv plus your 3 Canadian channels and not much else. But that package lets me watch NFL and golf. With that I can add the full TSN suite and the Sportsnet suite for 10 bucks each.

I've been streaming hockey for free the past few years. The only thing I've really missed is baseball. But with the Jays about to make the playoffs I started looking at what it'd cost to get Sportsnet. I could probably just get Sportsnet, watch baseball playoffs and quit once they're done and only spend 20 bucks.
Yes, you really gotta work those service providers to get the best deal!

You should check to see if they give you a Sportsnet Now (and TSN Go) subscriptions for adding those channels. That's a big reason I keep cable TV because I get the best of both worlds of both all the sports channels on my cable TV and access to both online apps for about $48 after GST.

Most telecoms providers offer that app access if you subscribe to the channels with your cable package, even my small Northern Telecoms company does, so could be worth looking into. For one month maybe not worth the trouble, but if you think you'll use the apps again. When you sign in through Sportsnet Now or TSN Go, it asks you to select your telecoms company and use a login they provide and it would be the same for both apps. There's a ton of telecoms companies listed when I logged in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad