GDT: SENS @ Habs, Wednesday night 7:00 pm on TSN5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Brannstrom and Joseph are the best players on the ice for Ottawa. Joseph every time he's on the ice and there was a shift at the beginning of the 2nd where Brannstrom made so many good plays

Hopefully we're not going to saddle Brannstrom with yet another bad D-man... Enough of Josh Brown and Nick Holden (the declined version)
I just rewound to see the shift(s) where Brannstrom was good. Couldn’t find it, unless you feel Brannstrom making average plays is special. Please clip what you saw since I’ve only got TSN5 feed.

Reactions: Icelevel

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Watching this does anyone seriously think it's worth it to lose a 2nd+ or a good prospect to dump Joseph when we could just trade Kubalik or Brannstrom and likely get something in return?

Hell no. Briere is trying to pull one over Dorion to see how desperate he is.
If anything someone should give us a 2nd to get Joseph.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Watching this does anyone seriously think it's worth it to lose a 2nd+ or a good prospect to dump Joseph when we could just trade Kubalik or Brannstrom and likely get something in return?
People look at Joseph’s term as a negative… I think the opposite. Kubalik will almost definitely be gone next year and Brannstrom, while a good player, will never be a key player here and might not even have a spot in the medium term.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Smejkal is much better than Kelly.

He actually has IQ out there. No brainer to me you can see the guy has a pro game

Reactions: GCK

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
People look at Joseph’s term as a negative… I think the opposite. Kubalik will almost definitely be gone next year and Brannstrom, while a good player, will never be a key player here and might not even have a spot in the medium term.

The term is fine, he's just slightly overpaid. At 1.95M he's not a concern at all.

We have no cap issues next year so dumping him this year to fit in Kubalik for a year just isn't smart.

Reactions: Cosmix

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022

You need to keep Kubalik for depth scoring. He has a defined role.

You have to fast forward and assume that the Senators make the playoffs. Which players could contribute in a specialized role, and which will not? I think it's pretty clear that Joseph and Kubalik could be key on a 3rd or 4th line, while Brannstrom is the likeliest candidate to be scratched.

If by January, Kleven isn't ready to step in, you could get a depth D via trade. Luke Schenn cost a 3rd rounder last year.

Reactions: Cosmix and GCK

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
The thing about Brannstrom, JBD, Hamonic, Kleven is that none of them are anything special defensively right now.

But only Brannstrom tries to make plays. The others play scared shitless.

Reactions: Cosmix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad