New Jersey
Gilroy? :laugh:

I suppose if he scored these guys could. Our list of career goalless Senators:

Andre Benoit*
Eric Gryba
Pat Wiercioch
David Dziurzynski
Derek Grant

*Benoit ripped off by refs earlier this year vs. MTL.

Gilroy is a Marty killer. Always seems to score on him, remember the season finale last year? 3 of his 11 career goals are scored on Marty.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Whats wrong with saying let the kids play and learn?

Wier and Zibby should play every game..Like really Daug? Please.

Teams considered the model for player development introduce rookies slowly; example Detroit. Teams that rush rookies seem to spend a lot of time in the basement; see edmonton and NYI

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Devils icing same line-up as Saturday in NYI.

So Tallinder is in and Fayne is out ( I still don't get this logic, but whatever).

D pairings likely to be: Greene-Larsson, Tallinder-Zidlicky, Salvador-Volchenkov.

The last two are just nightmares waiting to happen.

Fun fact again: Three games Fayne hasn't played in 15GA, 6PPGA. 12 games Fayne has played 21GA, 8PPGA.

Last edited:

CarknerCountry

Jun 20, 2010
It was jokes, man. Jokes.

In any case, I care about Zibby's development. I could give two turds about Daugavins' development. If the reigning Jack Adams runner-up thinks this is best for Zibs to sit a game out to get his head straight, who am I to question him?

Or maybe Zibby's been traded :sarcasm:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Devils icing same line-up as Saturday in NYI.

So Tallinder is in and Fayne is out ( I still don't get this logic, but whatever).

D pairings likely to be: Greene-Larsson, Tallinder-Zidlicky, Salvador-Volchenkov.

The last two are just nightmares waiting to happen.

Fun fact again: Three games Fayne hasn't played in 15GA, 7PPGA. 12 games Fayne has played 21GA, 7PPGA.

So your saying we should score about 5 goals today?

CarknerCountry

Jun 20, 2010
Is it good for confidence to be lost on the ice and unproductive?

Well im the one thats been saying Murray must make a deal and most here scoffed at me...Let the young ones develope and let them play i was told...

The kids need help and Murray aint providing any of it...Your right being lost on the ice is not good for confidence..

So tell me how do you fix it?

Sensation

Apr 27, 2009
Cary, NC
shhhhh cant speak badly of the coach..

But ya he juggles too much..Like Wier should be in at all times..Now your sitting a 19 yr old and too some a big part of our future in Zibby..Its why Murray has to make a damn deal..Confidence is huge in hockey you dont do this too Youngsters..Or just return them to Bingo..

You don't think playing in the game and not having an impact has an adverse effect on a young player's development?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
You don't think playing in the game and not having an impact has an adverse effect on a young player's development?

Exactly.

Look at Nino Niederreiter. Look at him.

... that's what happens when you dump a kid in a level he's not ready for and leave him to the wolves. If Maclean thinks he needs a day off, give the kid the day off.

CarknerCountry

Jun 20, 2010

Then again Murray has to get on the ball..Trade a pick for a whitney and send Gryba down or a Wier to develope in bingo..Trade a mid level prospect for an over the hill forward vet so zibby can develope further..Its a lost season anyways why let our better prospects be put into situations they are not ready for...

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Then again Murray has to get on the ball..Trade a pick for a whitney and send Gryba down or a Wier to develope in bingo..Trade a mid level prospect for an over the hill forward vet so zibby can develope further..Its a lost season anyways why let our better prospects be put into situations they are not ready for...

They're being put into a no-pressure, show-us-what-you've-got kind of situation. We don't need them to be firing on all cylinders every game, but we also don't need them burning out. It makes sense to sit the young guys every now and then, when we can.

CarknerCountry

Jun 20, 2010
Exactly.

Look at Nino Niederreiter. Look at him.

... that's what happens when you dump a kid in a level he's not ready for and leave him to the wolves. If Maclean thinks he needs a day off, give the kid the day off.

No you send him back too Bingo and let him develope further..

BigZKingK

Mar 4, 2012
somebody have a website streaming the game? Firstrow doesn`t work at work

This afternoon won`t be to productive

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

Trading picks? The last thing Murray should be doing is trading picks. There's no saving this season. It's time to get a look at some of these call ups. There's no magic bullet that's going to fix this. It sounds like you need to come to grips with what has transpired over the last week.

CarknerCountry

Jun 20, 2010
Trading picks? The last thing Murray should be doing is trading picks. There's no saving this season. It's time to get a look at some of these call ups. There's no magic bullet that's going to fix this. It sounds like you need to come to grips with what has transpired over the last week.

This past week?

Look at past threads i was saying Murray need another top 6 and a solid D-man because our depth SUCKED..Our prospects are too young and inexperienced...I was mocked for saying coming out of camp no team ever carries 3 rookie d-men..

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1341379

Sensation

Apr 27, 2009
Cary, NC

Because the best way for our prospects to learn how to play in the NHL, is by allowing them to play in the NHL. Why waste our picks/prospects on players that won't help this team?

CarknerCountry

Jun 20, 2010
Because the best way for our prospects to learn how to play in the NHL, is by allowing them to play in the NHL. Why waste our picks/prospects on players that won't help this team?

It will help there development..Put Zibby,Wier,Gryba,Grant even silf back to bingo..Remember the year they won the calder everyone said winning was brought up to the sens in condra,greening,cowen and others...This season is lost put them in a winning enviroment...

Look you make good points and its a matter of opinion....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad