GDT: Senators @ Devils | 1:00 p.m. | Prudential Center | SNET-E

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Urbom for Greening? Would want someone more long term than Tallinder I think but maybe just me.

With the offensive prowess of Condra, there is no way we can lose.

crying.gif

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010
Why is Greening out? Is he injured our is he not fitting into Maclean's style of play?

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Urbom for Greening? Would want someone more long term than Tallinder I think but maybe just me.

You'd get mixed opinions, I'd personally say no, but we do have a lot of D prospects.

Devils just need to find a way to fix their 8 D dilemma. They have a capable NHL defenseman scratched every game, actually two including Harrold.

Tallinder was scratched for five straight games, he'd be a top six defender on a majority of NHL teams.

I think Greening+conditional pick for Tallinder is a pretty close value and works because both players are struggling to get into the line-up.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Wouldn't trade Greening.

Just needs to learn to change his game. When was the last time he played a roll like he was expected to this year?

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
He played almost everywhere in the lineup last year... there shouldn't be any excuses about his role affecting his performance.

He played on the first line more than anywhere else, not to mention he was far from a third liner in Denmark, and based of his stats University and Junior hockey too.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
He played on the first line more than anywhere else, not to mention he was far from a third liner in Denmark, and based of his stats University and Junior hockey too.

His role playing on a line with Spezza is the same as playing with Neil and Smith. Needs to forecheck to turn pucks over, go to the net and finish his checks.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
You'd get mixed opinions, I'd personally say no, but we do have a lot of D prospects.

Devils just need to find a way to fix their 8 D dilemma. They have a capable NHL defenseman scratched every game, actually two including Harrold.

Tallinder was scratched for five straight games, he'd be a top six defender on a majority of NHL teams.

I think Greening+conditional pick for Tallinder is a pretty close value and works because both players are struggling to get into the line-up.

I don't necessarily disagree. I like Tallinder as a player.

Assuming he comes back next year for his final contract year it wouldn't be that bad as he might be able to take some of Gonchar's minutes.

However, I have to think we could turn Greening into something a lot more beneficial to the long term health of the franchise than 30+ games and maybe another season of a would be 35 year old Henrik Tallinder.

Realistically, does Tallinder get us any closer to the playoffs this year? I don't think so. He fills a role, eats reliable minutes but he'd have to be outta this world to make up for this gongshow of a season.

As dissappointing as Greening has been this year and as devastating as these injuries have been I don't think we'll be in a rush to swap him for Tallinder.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I don't necessarily disagree. I like Tallinder as a player.

Assuming he comes back next year for his final contract year it wouldn't be that bad as he might be able to take some of Gonchar's minutes.

However, I have to think we could turn Greening into something a lot more beneficial to the long term health of the franchise than 30+ games and maybe another season of a would be 35 year old Henrik Tallinder.

Realistically, does Tallinder get us any closer to the playoffs this year? I don't think so. He fills a role, eats reliable minutes but he'd have to be outta this world to make up for this gongshow of a season.

As dissappointing as Greening has been this year and as devastating as these injuries have been I don't think we'll be in a rush to swap him for Tallinder.

I was iffy about a Tallinder-Greening swap, until I saw that Tallinder still has ~$3.4mil remaining on his contract for next year.

Pass.

Understandable. Pretty much, if the Senators were healthier and gunning for a playoff spot, then you guys might've done it?

Devils just need to get rid of one of their 8 defenders and Greening, with his healthy scratching and being a lefty as well as Ottawa's D injuries, seemed like a good fit....

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Understandable. Pretty much, if the Senators were healthier and gunning for a playoff spot, then you guys might've done it?

Personally, I think if all we'd lost was Karlsson, we'd me much more amenable to a deal like that.

Thing is though, with Spezza, Michalek, Cowen, Latendresse and everyone else hurt, it just seems like Tallinder won't be enough to overcome our injuries THIS year, and is pretty unnecessary NEXT year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad