GDT: Senators @ Devils | 1:00 p.m. | Prudential Center | SNET-E

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
It will help there development..Put Zibby,Wier,Gryba,Grant even silf back to bingo..Remember the year they won the calder everyone said winning was brought up to the sens in condra,greening,cowen and others...This season is lost put them in a winning enviroment...

Look you make good points and its a matter of opinion....

IIRC guys like Condra and Greening returned to the AHL and won the Calder cup after playing up in Ottawa. Am I correct?

They played up in the NHL for a while, didn't hurt their development, did it?

Last edited:

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
It will help there development..Put Zibby,Wier,Gryba,Grant even silf back to bingo..Remember the year they won the calder everyone said winning was brought up to the sens in condra,greening,cowen and others...This season is lost put them in a winning enviroment...

Look you make good points and its a matter of opinion....

And replace them with who? WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH BODIES. That's not a difficult concept to grasp.

CarknerCountry

Jun 20, 2010
IIRC guys like Condra and Greening returned to the AHL and won the Calder cup after playing up in Ottawa. Am I correct?

Point is its not a good enviroment for Zibby.Wier,Gryba,Grant even Silf to be in...I dont care about benoit,daugs on this team they are not our future...Just think even when this team was healthy they needed help in the form of a d-man and top 6 forward..

Our depth is not as good as people think...Our prospects in Lehner,Zibby,Silf,Noesen,Ceci and others are top three in the league and with a top pick this year it becomes tops..We can afford to trade one or two for the likes of a ROR or a Yandle too make our depth stronger....

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
with the lovejoy's of the world who was had for a fifth....

Whitney can be had for the same or a mid level prospect..

There's no sense in wasting assets for short-term fixes. You trade a 6th for a guy like Whitney, and who knows, maybe you don't find the next Mark Stone.

We have the bodies. Give them experience in the league in a low-pressure environment. It just makes sense.

CarknerCountry

Jun 20, 2010
There's no sense in wasting assets for short-term fixes. You trade a 6th for a guy like Whitney, and who knows, maybe you don't find the next Mark Stone.

We have the bodies. Give them experience in the league in a low-pressure environment. It just makes sense.

Next year then what? If Spezza or a Karlsson goes down? Alfie,Gonch,Philly are a year older..We have to improve our depth..Now im not saying trade our first or a zibby for a quick fix but if you can get a ROR and a Yandle you do it..

Im hoping silf next year is a better player as is turris..Will Spezza's back hold up? We will be going in with the same questions next year..We need depth and it will only be through trade..Free agency we are never a player in..

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Next year then what? If Spezza or a Karlsson goes down? Alfie,Gonch,Philly are a year older..We have to improve our depth..Now im not saying trade our first or a zibby for a quick fix but if you can get a ROR and a Yandle you do it..

Im hoping silf next year is a better player as is turris..Will Spezza's back hold up? We will be going in with the same questions next year..We need depth and it will only be through trade..Free agency we are never a player in..

**** happens. You can't plan your roster around all your stars being injured. No one could have planned for losing five forwards, two defencemen and a goalie off our opening night roster.

RE: trade for ROR or Yandle... those aren't the Lovejoys and Whitneys you've been preaching. Long-term players? Yes, but for the right price. And right now, I'd be willing to bet it's not the right price for us yet.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
This past week?

Look at past threads i was saying Murray need another top 6 and a solid D-man because our depth SUCKED..Our prospects are too young and inexperienced...I was mocked for saying coming out of camp no team ever carries 3 rookie d-men..

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1341379

And you're going to continue to get mocked for your fantasy hockey trade proposals and general lack of reading conprehension. You seem to think video game logic applies to real life and most people find it either amusing or extremely annoying. You're about as one dimensional as the real Matt Carkner.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
whats the word on Regin?

Second tweet for the ongoing discussion on Zib:

4a_21cdac_bb51289_tn.jpg.thumb

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
One of the best teams this year doesnt think it was funny..They lose Fowler and trade a 5th for lovejoy whos playing well...Rather have him then Lundin our great free-agent signing along with that stiff lats now thats funny...

Lundin's been quietly effective in his role. If you were expecting him to be anything more than he has been, you've been deluding yourself.

Latendresse... eh, hard to argue. He was injury-prone coming in and hadn't played for months. We should've seen it coming.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
Well im the one thats been saying Murray must make a deal and most here scoffed at me...Let the young ones develope and let them play i was told...

The kids need help and Murray aint providing any of it...Your right being lost on the ice is not good for confidence..

So tell me how do you fix it?

Its called coaching, learning, etc. spend a game in the pressbox, get feedback from the coaches. Watch video, work on things in the minimal practice time they have. Being around pros, and learning how to be a pro are all part of development.

Im sure the Organization knows what is better for the players than a dude on a message board that has come up with some of the worst ideas Ive ever seen.

Thats just my opinion.

CarknerCountry

Jun 20, 2010
And you're going to continue to get mocked for your fantasy hockey trade proposals and general lack of reading conprehension. You seem to think video game logic applies to real life and most people find it either amusing or extremely annoying. You're about as one dimensional as the real Matt Carkner.

tell me what have i said thats wrong...its my opinion i respect yours i wont mock you...Most in here think all our prospects will be stars and thats their view i respect that...I happen to disagree i think we need to trade and make our depth better going forward..Can you imagine if we got a ROR and a Yandle..That would make next years team an instant contender...But some want too wait for the Zibby's,Stone,Noesen,Ceci and others and HOPE they become a ROR or Yandle and thats fair..Again that there opinion..

CarknerCountry

Jun 20, 2010
Its called coaching, learning, etc. spend a game in the pressbox, get feedback from the coaches. Watch video, work on things in the minimal practice time they have. Being around pros, and learning how to be a pro are all part of development.

Im sure the Organization knows what is better for the players than a dude on a message board that has come up with some of the worst ideas Ive ever seen.

Thats just my opinion.

True

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
One of the best teams this year doesnt think it was funny..They lose Fowler and trade a 5th for lovejoy whos playing well...Rather have him then Lundin our great free-agent signing along with that stiff lats now thats funny...

Why? What does Lovejoy bring that Lundin does not?

CarknerCountry

Jun 20, 2010
Andrew Ebbett was waived make a claim on him for this year..Send Zibby down to develope these are the kind of moves i would make this year cause it a lost season..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad