GDT: Senators @ Canucks | 10PM | CBC/SN | "It doesn't matter if it's ugly" EDITION

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Petterson gets a love tap from Watson and a teammate fights him. No instigator. Ok refs were bad last night. But why does this team allow Stutzle to get plastered night in, night out? Are they afraid of JT Miller?

Reactions: OD99

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida
DBC not making a good case to be extended with games like that.
Also, what on earth has happened to Mathieu Joseph? He's invisible most of the time and when you do notice him, it's for giving away the puck. He's a better player than what we've seen lately. Not sure what's up.
Nick Paul would be better. No wonder Tampa got rid of him that fast.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
you’ve made a very detailed case about nothing. It’s a Trump lawsuit - lots of bravado and nothing that actually matters

Everybody in North America lost an hours sleep - time to move one with our lives

the Senators lost two hours, with the addition of the time zone change….

You have implied that the Flames have only one advantage, in that they have the “better goaltender, because that’s how it works “ … the two days rest is not an advantage, neither is playing at home against a tired team on the back end of a “back to back” arriving at the wee hours of the mornings…. None of this gives an advantage to the Flames…. Just their better goaltender, because “that’s how it works”…. So the Senators won in Seattle, because they had the “better goaltender“ I guess.

DC15ABA9-D225-4B89-9B64-F3C653FE63C0.gif

CornerStone61

Apr 13, 2015
It was Chychrun lol. Many posters pick a scape goat then pile on. Holden played well and had 2 assists against Seattle and people were still complaining about him. Chabot plays a 2 on one well goalie makes the save and the puck hits him and goes in people still go after him.

I'm all for players being criticized if they play poorly I just don't pick and choose who it's going to be to suit a narrative.

Overall it was a pretty terrible game as a collective group. Soogard actually kept them in their. I thought Debrincat has been and was downright terrible last night. How many times will Batherson shoot the puck high and wide. That line had so many chances and never even hit the net. They need to bare down. Pinto has been the best player on that line. They sens wont win when that consistently happens.
Tongue in cheek comment, was more poking fun at how fast people are to jump on you for any criticism, I realize it was Chychrun.

I'm not pushing any narrative, you quoted me first and brought up brannstrom like I was trying to prop him up by shitting on Holden, that's just you projecting.

On the game, it was a terrible game, I agree. Chabot was terribly lazy on the short handed goal and just as much at fault as DBC was. DBC missing like 2 wide open nets was killing us that game and batherson keeps trying to be too pretty with his plays. Stutzle gave the puck away all game, though he was played pretty tightly by Vancouver. The real issue here though is our anemic power play.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Not a great game last night. I thought Vancouver played well defensively for the most part and that was aided by a poor game from our forwards including our top 6. The Nucks seemed to have their sticks in the right position and blocked the passing lanes effectively.

Ottawa was taking too many penalties and that helped ruin the momentum. Ottawa's power play has been cold lately, so its a bad time for this to happen.

I've lost count on how many fantastic scoring opportunities Debrincat has gotten without burying the puck.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
when the score was 4 to 2, there was a slight chance, with a few minutes left, and the Canucks them took a penalty…… the two stupid preventable penalties the Sens took completely eliminated any slim chance they had to tie the game. They had a power play, 6 vs 4 skaters, in the offensive zone, and took the first stupid penalty.

Face-off in their end-zone, 4 vs 4 skaters and Chabot takes probably the worse/stupidest penalty I’ve even seen in my life…. And on top of that he complains and whines when he gets called on it.

so they went from a 6 vs 4 power play, in the offensive zone, to a 4 vs 3 penalty kill in their defensive zone……. And you seem to be dismissive of this?

so the travel and loss of two hours means nothing, the well rested home team also means nothing, and if Ottawa had the better goaltender, you would put your money on them, right?
Dude. I hope DJ sees that climbing back from 4-0 is not ideal and not a penalty issue

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
Looking ahead at the schedule before this game, I was more worried about Vancouver than Calgary. They've been playing well under Tocchet, Hughes and Petterson are stars playing like stars, Demko is back from injury and back to form, and they've got no pressure on them right now.

They played a very good game last night. Ottawa did not look good, but the Canucks were all over them forcing plays and making it difficult for any flow for the Sens. Miller was a stud, much the same as Seth Jones in the Chicago game, he was very solid being matched up against our top line.

Games like this make me wonder if the tough schedule ahead is not such a bad thing. Still a big hill to climb that's not likely to happen, but these teams with nothing to play for except pride at this time of year are the worst.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Looking ahead at the schedule before this game, I was more worried about Vancouver than Calgary. They've been playing well under Tocchet, Hughes and Petterson are stars playing like stars, Demko is back from injury and back to form, and they've got no pressure on them right now.

They played a very good game last night. Ottawa did not look good, but the Canucks were all over them forcing plays and making it difficult for any flow for the Sens. Miller was a stud, much the same as Seth Jones in the Chicago game, he was very solid being matched up against our top line.

Games like this make me wonder if the tough schedule ahead is not such a bad thing. Still a big hill to climb that's not likely to happen, but these teams with nothing to play for except pride at this time of year are the worst.
Having played the spoiler a lot over the last few years, we're getting a taste of what it feels like to be on the other side of it!

Reactions: bert

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
This team can get on a roll.. but when they get off it ..they can stink the joint out and it seems to take them a bit to park the negatives and recapture that high and confidence.

I think DJ has to help out here with some tweaks that have some impact to get them rolling

They were horrible vs the Hawks.. seemed to bounce back vs Seattle and then after a good start .. they had very little response to Van's push back when it didn't go their way. Coach has to find a way to do his part to get them going. Holden/Brannstrom ; Brown/Gauthier doesn't really move the needle. Takes a lot of no quit determination to climb the mountain.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dionysus and bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Having played the spoiler a lot over the last few years, we're getting a taste of what it feels like to be on the other side of it!
Touche. That reminded me of a few of the sens games down the stretch the last couple years. Just roles reversed. Tocchet has them playing his style. Might have been a great fit with the sens tbh.

Reactions: Relapsing

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
This team can get on a roll.. but when they get off it ..they can stink the joint out and it seems to take them a bit to park the negatives and recapture that high and confidence.

I think DJ has to help out here with some tweaks that have some impact to get them rolling

They were horrible vs the Hawks.. seemed to bounce back vs Seattle and then after a good start .. they had very little response to Van's push back when it didn't go their way. Coach has to find a way to do his part to get them going. Holden/Brannstrom ; Brown/Gauthier doesn't really move the needle. Takes a lot of no quit determination to climb the mountain.
I'd call grieg back up and switch the lines. Hard to score on the road with only 2 scoring lines. Debrincat needs something right now. This ain't working.

Tkachuk Grieg Batherson
Debrincat Stutzle Joseph
Brassard Pinto Giroux
Kastelic Brown Gauthier

Let's see it. The guys need a mix up.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'd call grieg back up and switch the lines. Hard to score on the road with only 2 scoring lines. Debrincat needs something right now. This ain't working.

Tkachuk Grieg Batherson
Debrincat Stutzle Joseph
Brassard Pinto Giroux
Kelly Kastelic Brown

Let's see it. The guys need a mix up.
Definitely like that Idea .. and throw a top 4 together..

Greig gave them a spark ... I'd leave Giroux with him though... but love the concept.
2 line team and only 1 going so better do something.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
the Senators lost two hours, with the addition of the time zone change….

You have implied that the Flames have only one advantage, in that they have the “better goaltender, because that’s how it works “ … the two days rest is not an advantage, neither is playing at home against a tired team on the back end of a “back to back” arriving at the wee hours of the mornings…. None of this gives an advantage to the Flames…. Just their better goaltender, because “that’s how it works”…. So the Senators won in Seattle, because they had the “better goaltender“ I guess.

View attachment 667710
To quote Alexi Kovalev “if we play better, They are the underdogs, if they play better, we are the underdogs”

Technically you only lose sleep if you wake up early - if they sleep and extra hour they will lose no sleep. Hate to tell you this but the team has doctors who help with this type of stuff. I’m sure they knew about this and have a plan to get the players and extra hour sleep - and I think the plan does like this (I’m not a doctor so don’t quote me on this but it will be this general idea”

“Hey guys; the clocks are going back and hour tonight so set your clocks forward an hour to make up for the lost hour, big game tomorrow”

Again not an expert but I’m sure someone in the Sens organization know how to adjust their clocks and they can show everyone else how to do it

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021

Man this guy is taking about the two penalties in the last two minutes lol. Down 4-0 going in the third and he’s talking about penalties in the last minute

Yeah the problem DJ is that your players were not ready to play, they take all those penalties because they're always chasing, that's on you!! There's absolutely no structure in their game, no sense of urgency!!

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
To quote Alexi Kovalev “if we play better, They are the underdogs, if they play better, we are the underdogs”

Technically you only lose sleep if you wake up early - if they sleep and extra hour they will lose no sleep. Hate to tell you this but the team has doctors who help with this type of stuff. I’m sure they knew about this and have a plan to get the players and extra hour sleep - and I think the plan does like this (I’m not a doctor so don’t quote me on this but it will be this general idea”

“Hey guys; the clocks are going back and hour tonight so set your clocks forward an hour to make up for the lost hour, big game tomorrow”

Again not an expert but I’m sure someone in the Sens organization know how to adjust their clocks and they can show everyone else how to do it

point still is with the loss of TWO hours….. they stepped off the ice in Vancouver, and will be stepping on the ice in Calgary 18 hours later, while the Flames have been off, and well rested since they last played two days ago.

if you don’t think this plays a factor in the game tonight, then yes you’re not an expert .

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
point still is with the loss of TWO hours….. they stepped off the ice in Vancouver, and will be stepping on the ice in Calgary 18 hours later, while the Flames have been off, and well rested since they last played two days ago.

if you don’t think this plays a factor in the game tonight, then yes you’re not an expert .
excuses excuses. They just got pumped by Chicago and Vancouver when their playoff lives depend on it. Do you really think your sleep calculations matter at all tonight?

Making the playoffs is for teams who are mature enough to not make excuses about sleep when the entire continent is doing the same thing

Just wake up 1 hour later. Your welcome

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Dude. I hope DJ sees that climbing back from 4-0 is not ideal and not a penalty issue
The two late dumb penalties, when they were only two goals from timing the game, squashed any glimmer of hope in that regard. That was a penalty issue.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
excuses excuses. They just got pumped by Chicago and Vancouver when their playoff lives depend on it. Do you really think your sleep calculations matter at all tonight?

Do you really think travel and time zone changes have zero affect on players, during a road trip? And then throw in the extra hour on top of that…..

please list the teams that have a better road record than a home record.

thanks

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Do you really think travel and time zone changes have zero affect on players, during a road trip? And then throw in the extra hour on top of that…..

please list the teams that have a better road record than a home record.

thanks

I think it’s clear I don’t think the plane trip tonight matters. If they Sens lose vs the Flames tonight then people can make whatever excuse they want - but the evidence is there the team doesn’t show up for statement games. So if they lose tonight it’s the continuation of a pattern of not showing and not this nightmare scenario you and the my pillow guys have nightmares about

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I think it’s clear I don’t think the plane trip tonight matters. If they Sens lose vs the Flames tonight then people can make whatever excuse they want - but the evidence is there the team doesn’t show up for statement games. So if they lose tonight it’s the continuation of a pattern of not showing and not this nightmare scenario you and the my pillow guys have nightmares about

I don’t know how many times I’ve explained that it’s not about sleep…. But the 18 hours between leaving the ice in Vancouver, and setting foot on the ice in Calgary…. It is a rare occurrence when the two (time zone change and spring forward) things happen between back to back games.

my expectations for tonight is extremely low… and with a days rest between tonight and their game in Edmonton, I think they have a better shot at getting a point or two on Tuesday….. but am feeling they only return to Ottawa with the two points from Seattle

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

What happens to Branny if he does whatever the f*** Holden does here.

Instead Holden goes on to alledgedly play more even strength minutes than chychrun

Dude suggesting the Senators of Ottawa are shit defensively is the least contrarian thing one could say.

In addition to Holden look at the forwards.

They think offense all the time and cheat. Brady is notorious for this.

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad