GDT: Senators @ Canucks | 10PM | CBC/SN | "It doesn't matter if it's ugly" EDITION

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I think it’s clear I don’t think the plane trip tonight matters. If they Sens lose vs the Flames tonight then people can make whatever excuse they want - but the evidence is there the team doesn’t show up for statement games. So if they lose tonight it’s the continuation of a pattern of not showing and not this nightmare scenario you and the my pillow guys have nightmares about
I don't agree with that personally. They showed up for the mini playoff series vs Detroit.

However, tonight is step 1 in put up or shut up for this year.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
I don’t know how many times I’ve explained that it’s not about sleep…. But the 18 hours between leaving the ice in Vancouver, and setting foot on the ice in Calgary…. It is a rare occurrence when the two (time zone change and spring forward) things happen between back to back games.

my expectations for tonight is extremely low… and with a days rest between tonight and their game in Edmonton, I think they have a better shot at getting a point or two on Tuesday….. but am feeling they only return to Ottawa with the two points from Seattle
You pick the oddest things to go on about. Lol.🤨

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Watson win a fight challenge (impossible)
I agree he is a poor fighter. At least he went after Petterson rather than doing flybys like most others.

JT Miller goes after Stutzle and no one really takes a run at him. We need a big tough 4th line forward to play shotgun with our skilled players and take the policeman role away from Brady. SMURFS don't cut it, especially in playoff hockey.

System? That’s Brady cheating there. What page is that in the “system”. Lol
Page 1.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
I agree he is a poor fighter. At least he went after Petterson rather than doing flybys like most others.

JT Miller goes after Stutzle and no one really takes a run at him. We need a big tough 4th line forward to play shotgun with our skilled players and take the policeman role away from Brady. SMURFS don't cut it, especially in playoff hockey.

Page 1.
We need more guys like that.

Reactions: Cosmix

SensFan1010

Dec 18, 2019
How many goals have been scored on us the last month where its a 2 on 1 and our player decided to slide at the puck misses it completely and it becomes a 2 on 0. its down right embarrassing to see

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Sogaard was pretty bad for us, but its not like we gave him a fighting chance. We gave Demko a night off with our lack of shots on net.

Pathetic

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Batherson is not a star player.

He's a complementary player. A good shot and absolutely nothing else.
Sure he is, he would have gone to the all-star game last yr if the Buff goalie didn't take him out. He has 51 pts this yr in a down yr playing with a rookie centre & DeBrincat who is also considered to be having a down season. He's also oneof the best playmakers on this team & makes a lot of great passing plays especially on the PP.

I expect next yr this team should be so much better & take another big step forward as they have done this yr from last yr. Hopefully they just keep getting better & they have a few good young prospects coming that should plug a few more holes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix and bert

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I was trying to watch the replay of the game today, it kept crapping out surprise, and ended up watching the CBC one with PJ Stock, Andrew Peters and Jason York watch and commentary one. They all said exactly what you said. Brady is they only guy that plays that way.

Shit.
@Cosmix
Should be interesting when Kleven, Boucher & Ostapchuk graduate to Ottawa along with Kastelic & maybe Formenton comes back. They could give us a pretty good tougher bottom six & a little more jam on defence.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Chabot would be better suited on the second pair
Chabot needs some serious coaching help to improve his game.

Should be interesting when Kleven, Boucher & Ostapchuk graduate to Ottawa along with Kastelic & maybe Formenton comes back. They could give us a pretty good tougher bottom six & a little more jam on defence.
We really need more tougher physical players to take the load off Tkachuk.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Chabot would be better suited on the second pair

9EB7382D-BD5B-4CDD-8399-C4DBC22F9879.gif

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
That is so far away. You aren't wrong, but we need them now. The first 3 have many ??? marks about if they can even play in the NHL yet too.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Batherson is not a star player.

He's a complementary player. A good shot and absolutely nothing else.
Didnt used to be that way. There is more to his game we have seen it. Gotta find a way to get it back, there is some untapped potential for him he was a late bloomer. Maybe its the injury maybe its the off ice stuff im not sure but this is not even close to the best version of the player.

Reactions: DrEasy and Cosmix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad