GDT: Senators @ Canucks | 10PM | CBC/SN | "It doesn't matter if it's ugly" EDITION

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
We added Sanderson, Giroux, and Debrincat, had a full season of Chabot, in addition to our young players getting better with age, yet we still have about the same 5 on 5 Goal differential as last year, worse than f***ing Montreal.

We should be much better than that.
Guy Boucher could fix the GA part! :)

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
They need a hard ass coach or a respected coach, not a buddy coach who is more concerned about keeping them happy rather than winning.

These players are spoiled from money, ice time and excessive coddling. Need someone to give their ass a kick.
This team needs a coaching staff that can implement a tight checking defensive system in the D zone. There is too much watching and waiting without marking a man. In addition, there are some players who need some 1 on 1 with the coaching staff to correct their defensive deficiencies.

He was an All-Star last year
He isn't an All-Star this season.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
This team needs a coaching staff that can implement a tight checking defensive system in the D zone. There is too much watching and waiting without marking a man. In addition, there are some players who need some 1 on 1 with the coaching staff to correct their defensive deficiencies.

He isn't an All-Star this season.
Neither is DeBrincat, who is also considered a star.

Reactions: robsenz and Cosmix

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Why are people upset with this team? They are so much better than last yr, most of the so called experts had them fighting for a playoff spot & that is exactly where they are half way through March. How many people here thought they were out of it in November?

They are still a very young team & are learning as they go, with the number of players under 25 yrs old I would think the future looks very bright with more good young players coming. It's not about this yr, but every yr moving forward now.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Why are people upset with this team? They are so much better than last yr, most of the so called experts had them fighting for a playoff spot & that is exactly where they are half way through March. How many people here thought they were out of it in November?

They are still a very young team & are learning as they go, with the number of players under 25 yrs old I would think the future looks very bright with more good young players coming. It's not about this yr, but every yr moving forward now.

People want Playoffs, can you blame them? Losing to Vancouver and Chicago is just deflating after the balloon is about to pop.

Reactions: Cosmix

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Agreed, I had us pegged at 88 points before season. Just short of playoffs.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
People want Playoffs, can you blame them? Losing to Vancouver and Chicago is just deflating after the balloon is about to pop.
That's understandable, but they should also appreciate how good this young team & players are & how much better their future potential is looking.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021

Maybe because the mistakes and bad play are the same. The deployment and choices are the same. Same as when DJ started. Young players are progressing and good players are being added...the problems stay the same. This could be where the frustration comes from.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Maybe because the mistakes and bad play are the same. The deployment and choices are the same. Same as when DJ started. Young players are progressing and good players are being added...the problems stay the same. This could be where the frustration comes from.
You're right, but that is also because the team is still young & making young player mistakes, I've mentioned it numerous times. But that does not take away from the fact that the team is also much improved from last yr & if we look at the bigger picture this team is being set up for a very promising future with more good young players coming.

I had them missing the playoffs this yr & making them next yr & making a strong push next yr. But we have to be a lot luckier with injuries & goaltending next yr which has been unbelievably unlucky this yr.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
That 2nd line really got caved possession wise vs the Canucks 5v5

View attachment 667716
It’s hasn’t worked all year.
Sogaard was pretty bad for us, but its not like we gave him a fighting chance. We gave Demko a night off with our lack of shots on net.

Pathetic
The only questionable goal is the 4th one. He had to face TWO 2 on 0s. That was their 2nd and 3rd goals. And the first goal requires a legitimate great save which he didn’t make. I’m impressed he kept it at only 4-0

Union2017

Welcome to Ottawa, Michael Andlauer.
Feb 23, 2018
Ottawa

I am not upset when they lose to Boston or Oilers or Pens even. But when we are fighting for that wild card spot and lose to Chicago, a terrible team this year, or to Vancouver, that’s worth being upset about IMO. If we don’t make playoffs because we lost the games vs Avalanche, Bruins, Canes, Lightning and Leafs in March, than so be it. They are above us at this point , we are not experienced enough yet. But sh&tting the bed vs Calgary for example is terrible and should not be happening. That’s why I am upset. We talk about a character and being feisty but then look at these games that we should be winning. Look at those odd man rushes that we allow in both games (Blackhawks and Canucks). Tell me that’s normal and we should just be OK with it

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
You're right, but that is also because the team is still young & making young player mistakes, I've mentioned it numerous times. But that does not take away from the fact that the team is also much improved from last yr & if we look at the bigger picture this team is being set up for a very promising future with more good young players coming.

I had them missing the playoffs this yr & making them next yr & making a strong push next yr. But we have to be a lot luckier with injuries & goaltending next yr which has been unbelievably unlucky this yr.
The players are not that young anymore. Look at games played.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The players are not that young anymore. Look at games played.
They have quite a few under 25 yrs old ...

Tkachuk - 23 yrs old
Stutzle - 21
Batherson - 24
DeBrincat - 25
Pinto - 22
Kastelic - 24
Gauthier - 25
Kelly - 23
Chychrun - 24
Sanderson - 20
Brannstrom 23
Sogaard - 22