GDT: Senators @ Canucks | 10PM | CBC/SN | "It doesn't matter if it's ugly" EDITION

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I was referring to Sogaard.
Ah, yeah, that makes sense. I completely agree on that front.

What I was trying to say is that this team and the goalies themselves are likely all most confident when at least two of Sogaard, Forsberg, and/or Talbot are dressed (versus Mandolese or someone else similarly unknown/unproven).

People want Playoffs, can you blame them? Losing to Vancouver and Chicago is just deflating after the balloon is about to pop.
It's very deflating, and it could be the deciding factor in us not making the playoffs. But that doesn't mean this season would be a failure.

Reactions: Cosmix

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I am not upset when they lose to Boston or Oilers or Pens even. But when we are fighting for that wild card spot and lose to Chicago, a terrible team this year, or to Vancouver, that’s worth being upset about IMO. If we don’t make playoffs because we lost the games vs Avalanche, Bruins, Canes, Lightning and Leafs in March, than so be it. They are above us at this point , we are not experienced enough yet. But sh&tting the bed vs Calgary for example is terrible and should not be happening. That’s why I am upset. We talk about a character and being feisty but then look at these games that we should be winning. Look at those odd man rushes that we allow in both games (Blackhawks and Canucks). Tell me that’s normal and we should just be OK with it

THe difference between a top team and a bottom feeder is much less than it was before the salary cap. Any team can beat any team in the league on any given night. There are no truly bad teams anymore. Even the Coyotes have talent, although less after the deadline. Its more encouraging that the Senators can battle against good teams than it is defeating that they can get beaten by lesser ones. Its frustrating, and puts more pressure on them having a good game against a team like Edmonton. But they rose to the challenge and beat Seattle. They can do it again.

This is a tough road trip. They needed to come back winning more games than they lost. If that's the case, when they come back home it makes next to no difference which teams they got or lost points against.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
It’s frustrating that lately every time the window cracks open for us to make ground in the wildcard race we lose to a team that should not be as good.

Then we have to win the hard ones to keep pace rather than make up ground.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
They have quite a few under 25 yrs old ...

Tkachuk - 23 yrs old
Stutzle - 21
Batherson - 24
DeBrincat - 25
Pinto - 22
Kastelic - 24
Gauthier - 25
Kelly - 23
Chychrun - 24
Sanderson - 20
Brannstrom 23
Sogaard - 22
Norris - 23

Formenton - 23
JBD - 22
Thomson - 22
Greig - 20
Boucher - 20
Jarventie - 20
Sokolov - 22
Ostapchuk 20
Kleven - 20
Games. Played. Stay with me here A.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
It’s frustrating that lately every time the window cracks open for us to make ground in the wildcard race we lose to a team that should not be as good.

Then we have to win the hard ones to keep pace rather than make up ground.
True. But I have to wonder if the recent losses against Chicago, Vancouver and Calgary haven't been the final nails in the playoff coffin. We haven't done well against Western Conference teams even if they are mediocre or lower standing teams. I can't see us getting past Pittsburgh, so the only outside chance we have is catching (passing) the Islanders. But, we are still neck & neck with Florida, Washington, Detroit and Buffalo and have been unable to separate ourselves from the pack for quite some time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad