GDT: Senators @ Canucks | 10PM | CBC/SN | "It doesn't matter if it's ugly" EDITION

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
That was a sad performance. Just not enough from anyone really. Barely over 20 shots in an important game against a non-playoff team. Passes weren't connecting at all. Very disjointed.

Really rough game for Pinto. Multiple egregious turnovers and 2 penalties.

Powerplay only had one chance, but they made the most of it and gave up another shorty. That powerplay has been bad for a month now, obviously needs some change.

Giroux is trying to pull these guys along, but the rest of the team doesn't appear ready yet.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
So you’re suggesting the travel, and the loss of two hours in the process will have zero affect on the Senators performance Sunday night… right?

I’m saying who cares, west coast teams go through this every week.

The players are just going to have to put on their big boy pants and go play hockey. The Flames are also losing 1 Hour of sleep by your calculation and nobody cares because nobody mentioned it because it doesn’t matter.

Last edited:
Reactions: bert

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
The players are the ones out there playing poorly in important games. They clearly deserve the lions share of the blame. The big boys had there minutes, just didn't do anything with them.

They need a hard ass coach or a respected coach, not a buddy coach who is more concerned about keeping them happy rather than winning.

These players are spoiled from money, ice time and excessive coddling. Need someone to give their ass a kick.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Brady quit on the 1st goal. 1-0

DeBrincat terrible , back breaking gaffe . 2-0

Star players making key mistakes and that’s that. You can blame the coaches, blame bit players.

Blame inexperience. Blame youth. Pinto was a disaster. Stutzle too. These are young players and they will learn from this.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005

Star players making key mistakes and that’s that. You can blame the coaches, blame bit players.

Blame inexperience. Blame youth. Pinto was a disaster. Stutzle too. These are young players and they will learn from this.
Exactly.

If you told me at the beginning of the season that we would be in this position at this point of the season without Norris, and with our 2 goalies out, I'd be pretty happy.

They are getting tons of valuable experience right now.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Exactly.

If you told me at the beginning of the season that we would be in this position at this point of the season without Norris, and with our 2 goalies out, I'd be pretty happy.

They are getting tons of valuable experience right now.

Sens have given up 14 goals in their last 3 games

If Pierre Dorion’s evaluation is the coaching is good enough, what that really means is the coaching isn’t good enough.

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida

Blame everyone but Chabot

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I’m saying who cares, west coast teams go through this every week.

The players are just going to have to put on their big boy pants and go play hockey. The Flames are also losing 1 Hour of sleep by your calculation and nobody cares because nobody mentioned it because it doesn’t matter.
Yes west coast teams are more used to switching time zones more often….. that is why Eastern Time zone teams find west coast teams more difficult by compariso, as they’re not used to it.

In this particular road trip, the Sens moved to Central Time in Chicago, and played an 8pm local Stuart ( 9 pm on their EST body clock ). Then travelled to the PST time Zone, with the benefit of 2 days off between games…. And won.

Now tonight’s game starts 18 hours after they left the ice in Vancouver, having travelled overnight…. No knowing where their body clocks are today with the loss of two hours… so this is NOT a typical West Coast team time zone change that you’re suggesting…. It should have an impact on the Sens tonight, as both teams are hungry for the two points, with one team being off for two days, well rested, no travel or time zone change and having a game day skate… while the Sens will be tired and will not be having a game day skate.

If you were a betting man, which team are you putting your money on?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Yes west coast teams are more used to switching time zones more often….. that is why Eastern Time zone teams find west coast teams more difficult by compariso, as they’re not used to it.

In this particular road trip, the Sens moved to Central Time in Chicago, and played an 8pm local Stuart ( 9 pm on their EST body clock ). Then travelled to the PST time Zone, with the benefit of 2 days off between games…. And won.

Now tonight’s game starts 18 hours after they left the ice in Vancouver, having travelled overnight…. No knowing where their body clocks are today with the loss of two hours… so this is NOT a typical West Coast team time zone change that you’re suggesting…. It should have an impact on the Sens tonight, as both teams are hungry for the two points, with one team being off for two days, well rested, no travel or time zone change and having a game day skate… while the Sens will be tired and will not be having a game day skate.

If you were a betting man, which team are you putting your money on?

I’ll bet on better team with the better goalie that night because that’s how it works.

These people didn’t go to outer space, ride a comet to save the planet and back - they are in Calgary to play hockey an NHL hockey game.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

Man this guy is taking about the two penalties in the last two minutes lol. Down 4-0 going in the third and he’s talking about penalties in the last minute

when the score was 4 to 2, there was a slight chance, with a few minutes left, and the Canucks them took a penalty…… the two stupid preventable penalties the Sens took completely eliminated any slim chance they had to tie the game. They had a power play, 6 vs 4 skaters, in the offensive zone, and took the first stupid penalty.

Face-off in their end-zone, 4 vs 4 skaters and Chabot takes probably the worse/stupidest penalty I’ve even seen in my life…. And on top of that he complains and whines when he gets called on it.

so they went from a 6 vs 4 power play, in the offensive zone, to a 4 vs 3 penalty kill in their defensive zone……. And you seem to be dismissive of this?

I’ll bet on better team with the better goalie that night because that’s how it works.

These people didn’t go to outer space, ride a comet to save the planet and back - they are in Calgary to play hockey an NHL hockey game.

so the travel and loss of two hours means nothing, the well rested home team also means nothing, and if Ottawa had the better goaltender, you would put your money on them, right?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
when the score was 4 to 2, there was a slight chance, with a few minutes left, and the Canucks them took a penalty…… the two stupid preventable penalties the Sens took completely eliminated any slim chance they had to tie the game. They had a power play, 6 vs 4 skaters, in the offensive zone, and took the first stupid penalty.

Face-off in their end-zone, 4 vs 4 skaters and Chabot takes probably the worse/stupidest penalty I’ve even seen in my life…. And on top of that he complains and whines when he gets called on it.

so they went from a 6 vs 4 power play, in the offensive zone, to a 4 vs 3 penalty kill in their defensive zone……. And you seem to be dismissive of this?

so the travel and loss of two hours means nothing, the well rested home team also means nothing, and if Ottawa had the better goaltender, you would put your money on them, right?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

you’ve made a very detailed case about nothing. It’s a Trump lawsuit - lots of bravado and nothing that actually matters

Everybody in North America lost an hours sleep - time to move one with our lives

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
DBC not making a good case to be extended with games like that.
Also, what on earth has happened to Mathieu Joseph? He's invisible most of the time and when you do notice him, it's for giving away the puck. He's a better player than what we've seen lately. Not sure what's up.

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
Losing to bottom feeders like Chicago and Vancouver and blowing that lead against Seattle in the last 3 games has kind of taken the steam out of their playoff run.

Having a great top-4 d finally is great but man, Holden-Hamonic on the bottom pairing together was brutal tonight lol

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
1678628295593.png

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Careful, you're not allowed to criticize role players on this board
It was Chychrun lol. Many posters pick a scape goat then pile on. Holden played well and had 2 assists against Seattle and people were still complaining about him. Chabot plays a 2 on one well goalie makes the save and the puck hits him and goes in people still go after him.

I'm all for players being criticized if they play poorly I just don't pick and choose who it's going to be to suit a narrative.

Overall it was a pretty terrible game as a collective group. Soogard actually kept them in their. I thought Debrincat has been and was downright terrible last night. How many times will Batherson shoot the puck high and wide. That line had so many chances and never even hit the net. They need to bare down. Pinto has been the best player on that line. They sens wont win when that consistently happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad