GDT: Senators @ Canucks | 10PM | CBC/SN | "It doesn't matter if it's ugly" EDITION

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
Just when I thought they salvaged some sort of dignity, the last 4 minutes happens. Jesus H Christ

Reactions: DrEasy

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
You think this roster should have made the playoffs?
We added Sanderson, Giroux, and Debrincat, had a full season of Chabot, in addition to our young players getting better with age, yet we still have about the same 5 on 5 Goal differential as last year, worse than f***ing Montreal.

We should be much better than that.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
All Chabot had to do was raise his hands and make a show of having his stick batted away. Instead he acted like a toddler.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Sucks to see but a nice run regardless and next season should be exciting af if everyone stays healthier than this season

Gonna take an epic finish playing against some very good teams to squeeze in

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Chabot literally grabbed the Vancouver player's stick and threw it on the ice lol, not the same as the weak slash from Giroux
I'm saying Chabot got his stick slashed out of his hands. The same shit Giroux got a penalty for.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
That was so f***ing weak on G…. Ah well…. Boys Are gonna live and learn, and we’re going to earn all the cockiness we’ll exhibit as fans once they put it all together.

Full disclosure, I’m not so sure about DBC for big money at this point, and therefore neither is PD… ;)

Reactions: Cosmix

CornerStone61

Apr 13, 2015
I'm saying Chabot got his stick slashed out of his hands. The same shit Giroux got a penalty for.
Sure, I don't think the call on Giroux should've been called for the same reason the one on Chabot wasn't called though. Players need to hold on their sticks, both were weak slashes, but Chabot's actions after were just stupid

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I don’t think we have a shot either, I’m just not bothered by it.

We are a team that trades chances, and our low-percent finishing makes that an issue on some nights. But if our roster shouldn’t be expected to make the playoffs and we’re right on the cusp, my attitude right now is kinda “not how but how many”. Not a dream season, but lots of building blocks added, good development, not a disaster. Probably one of or more exciting and fun seasons in a while.
Of course it’s a better season we have better players. But our defence and team defence looks the exact same as it did when we were actively tanking

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Of course it’s a better season we have better players. But our defence and team defence looks the exact same as it did when we were actively tanking
This team never actively tanked. That aside, I don’t think you’re entirely wrong but your perspective on it is harsher than mine

We’ve been a garbage team with a garbage roster
An average-ish team with an average-ish roster
Seems to be potential for quite a good roster as soon as next season… hopefully we will be quite good

Reactions: bert

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Not at all. Our system looks very different. We used to play a counter-attacking game. Now we're a more possession based team.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Not at all. Our system looks very different. We used to play a counter-attacking game. Now we're a more possession based team.
And when forced to play defence we look just as bad as we always have

DJ Smith getting out coached on the road yet again
Our coached is a nice way to describe the Chicago and Vancouver game

This team never actively tanked. That aside, I don’t think you’re entirely wrong but your perspective on it is harsher than mine

We’ve been a garbage team with a garbage roster
An average-ish team with an average-ish roster
Seems to be potential for quite a good roster as soon as next season… hopefully we will be quite good
This team on paper isn’t average. Our bottom six is a little bear but our top 6 and our top 4 D is waaaaay above average

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
f*** the Canucks. I hope they enjoy an endless amount of mediocrity. Not good enough to make the playoffs, not bad enough to get a good draft pick.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
All of you derseve the goggles for staying up and watching diahhrea on ice.

giphy.gif

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
And when forced to play defence we look just as bad as we always have

Our coached is a nice way to describe the Chicago and Vancouver game

This team on paper isn’t average. Our bottom six is a little bear but our top 6 and our top 4 D is waaaaay above average
Our bottom 6 is bare. Our top 6 is above average, but not by a significant amount (without Norris). Our top 5 forwards might top 10 league wide.

Our D core has 4 very good pieces right now. Those 4 pieces have missed a combined 99 games this year. Our D has been bad to very bad on paper many nights this year.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Our bottom 6 is bare. Our top 6 is above average, but not by a significant amount (without Norris). Our top 5 forwards might top 10 league wide.

Our D core has 4 very good pieces right now. Those 4 pieces have missed a combined 99 games this year. Our D has been bad to very bad on paper many nights this year.
Injuries happen. A coach should be able to have his team not look like a tire fire every time the puck goes below our goal line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad